What are some of Sup Forumss opinions on wanted?

What are some of Sup Forumss opinions on wanted?

Other urls found in this thread:

bleedingcool.com/2013/08/08/rape-he-wrote/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

it was unwanted

'Wanted' is actually Millar's contribution to the Hypercrisis.

It's a manifestation of the Gentry, years before 'Multiversity' was published.

As such, it's pretty brilliant. It makes me feel sick to read it.

the movie was better

It's awful. A potentially neat idea, ruined by the goat licker's awful story and characters.

Also this , even though the movie wasn't great either and barely had anything to do with the comic anyway.

Pretty good, one of the best comics Millar wrote.
The movie is aweful.

>one of the best comics Millar wrote

Given that all of his comics are mere expressions of his general hatred and contempt for all mankind, that is hardly an endorsement.

Millar and Milligan are better than Morrison

I liked it when I was 15 like everyone else. It doesn't hold up, like a lot of Miller comics it's a great idea with piss-poor execution thanks to Millar's obsession with being an edgelord.

I still like the movie, if only because it strips away a lot of the manchild Fight Club "wake up sheeple" bullshit and just committed to being an insane, glorious R-rated blockbuster with some quality gimmicks in the set-pieces and maybe the most bizarre lore outside of Chronicles of Riddick.

I wish they kept the costume though, that thing is fucking awesome and I wish it was in a better comic.

The vidya was fun for what it was. Peter Stormare with a """"""French"""""" accent is worth the price of admission alone.

...It's so weird. Reading about the man, he seems a hell of a regular guy. But his comics...

WAIT wait hear me out and just go read superman adventures or the jupiter stuff it's uplifting and good I swear.

Millar wrote some of the best Superman stories ever

Millar would actually be a pretty great writer if he wasn't so concerned about being edgy all the time.

Oh but don't you get it?? He's bring IRONICALLY edgy!! What a genius!

Cool art, shitty story.

I wish Millar and Morrison would be friends again :(

Morrison could give Millar good ideas like Red Son and Millar could help introduce Morrison to movie executives to adapt his comics

>or the jupiter stuff
I dunno, I only read the first bit of it and it was a while ago, but it seemed pretty damn edgy, with a bunch of spoiled, vapid teens killing their superhero parents because they were bored and wanted to rule the world.

How's his new comic? Chrononauts or something? Last I heard it was about a couple of Chads travelling through time a la Bill and Ted but with more Chad stuff like banging girls and fighting

You know, the longer I look at these panels the more difficult it becomes to not believe there is some kind of intentional connection.

Animal Man: blonde hair, blue eyes, wide-eyed, mouth open with lower teeth showing (slack-jawed), looking up at us with horrific realization that he has become aware of us;

Whatsisface: blonde hair, blue eyes, eyes tight, mouth open with upper teeth showing, (aggressive expression), looking down on us and making us realize that he has been aware of us all along.

We know Morrison and Millar know each other, and that Morrison does not care for Millar.

(...)

He seems to be mellowing, too.

bleedingcool.com/2013/08/08/rape-he-wrote/

literately everything he's written in the past decade has been golden besides Kick Ass2

No it really hasn't nemesis was literally the worst comic I read that year. Huck was shit. Like millar has great ideas. Wanted was a great idea. The execution is just awful. He's a terrible writer. Even Jupiter ascending, I comic I've enjoyed is full of really dumb characters and rather awful dialog at times.

Nemesis was fun, Huck was great and Jupiter's whatever is a classic in the making

>Not liking the insanity that is Nemesis

>people unironically defending Nemesis

Sup Forums really just gets worse and worse

Pretty sure calling it insane contains a hint of irony.

Dumb stupid awesome.

It's a good DC Elseworld story.

It's fun trying to figure out which character is inspired by its DC Counterpart.

As a villain focused story, I think it does its job.
As a backbone for Millar's CRISIS-style universe...it does it's job.

But overall it's just meh with some parts of note.

Chrononauts, Huck, Empress, and Reborn have all been boring as fuck.