Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ND_xkQ9j_A0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

more like every frame a reddit

Good quality but never ever updates

Stop whining about Trump and make a new video already

basic knowledge for people who have no idea how cinema works

the grrm of jootubers

Best in the business at this video essay stuff. His scripts always have hard, practical information, instead of the fluff and padding of a lot of other youtubers, and the editing/flow of the videos is comfy af

Damn shame he doesn't upload anymore, he got me into F For Fake and Kurosawa's films.

overanalyzation the series

film essays ruined film watching, if you need someone to tell you how to think during a movie you are a retard

even refn said he didn't know what the fuck he was talking about in the video

does anybody have the screenshot where he tells his followers to unfollow him if they dislike Anita Sarkeesian?

>even refn said he didn't know what the fuck he was talking about in the video
interesting. source?

Wish he'd make more videos, desu

It's been like a year

No, you're thinking of Rob Ager

None original.

He shit on Micheal Bay's style so plebs hate him

One of those channels where they take an acclaimed filmmaker's work, layer on top their own pedestrian observationst and pass it off as masterful critique.

No wonder it's popular here.

This guy is so full of shit it's leaking out of his ears.

One of the few channels I've seen that actually puts the video essay format to good use. Too bad he never goes beyond entry level analysis.

But Micheal Bay is a faggot?

there is some overanalyzing like the quandrants shit but mostly it's basic film 101. if anything, it's embarrassingly shallow.

Almost every one of these video essay faggots are canadian and I really can't stand them.

Almost every one of these video essay faggots are canadian and I really can't stand them.

That sounds pretty useful and interesting, given that the everyman has no reason to know how cinema works while still consuming it constantly.

>I refuse to make anymore videos because a trump supporter might watch it

grow the fuck up

Did he actually say this?

If you cannot do, you teach. this guy can't do either.

If you don't know anything about filmmaking it's interesting, but mostly very basic stuff. Sometimes he misses a filmmaker's actual "shtick" to focus on their editing because he has a boner for it.
Also overrates a lot of movies/directors.

No, he graduated from film school and has a real job now.

he said if you support trump (or pick on that Anita "gamer" woman) he wants you to stop watching him and demands you unsubscribe. I'm guessing it's that paranoia that has stopped him from making a new vid in over a year.

as a former fan of his I find that really childish.

>an editor analyzes editing
Wow who would have thought
To everyone else :
>if the director didn't intended it the analysis is invalid
k Y s

He works for Criterion Collection now. He does the same videos but they're just exclusive to the Blu-Rays.

>knew he was some level of autistic by the nature of his videos
>like all autists he cannot handle losing or leaving things unfinished
>probably shilled for hillary irl, donated his patreon money to it
>loses
>has an autistic shitfit
>REEEEEs at everyone just for the possibility they were on the opposite side of the election

Fits his nature desu

He's also deluded on some points, like arguing in the comments about how it's as hard if not harder to set up an action sequence in animation than in life action. Meanwhile he's also dismissing directors' consistent themes, lighting, framing, and general cinematic style to talk about the editing of the scene instead. He became fixated before he imploded. His videos could be better if he didn't "Oh this editing technique I've already covered is so integral and unique" and more on what differentiates the filmmakers from each other. Nothing about "intention". But he ignores the way that Kurosawa frames his shit geometrically and in the nature of japanese theater to focus on the movement of the scenes and editing on that movement. He misses a lot because he's obsessed about only one part.

Great when he was still making stuff. Simple, but gives you good insight. Great for beginner filmmakers who want to understand why certain things work.

He's decent, but stopped uploading even though he was pulling close to 5k a month off patreon.
If you're into the whole video essay thing, check out Channel Criswell. He's a much better essayist and has done some interesting topics outside of standard stuff.

Is that true? He works on the specials for Criterion?
Not sure how I feel about that. Haven't bought a Criterion dvd in a long time but their extras were always top notch.

Literally the cupman of Sup Forums

His Jackie Chan video is a must see for everyone.

when did he say this?

He never said it. Just typical Sup Forums “making up facts is funny” humor.

youtube.com/watch?v=ND_xkQ9j_A0

this.

>dude just turn your brain off lmao

the memories of murder video is good.