Who greenlit this trash character, her embarrassingly poorly written filler episode, and her lack luster crew...

Who greenlit this trash character, her embarrassingly poorly written filler episode, and her lack luster crew? One of the worst episodes of any show, period.

how did she get a british accent if she grew up in the lab?

Almost looks like a man.

Alright Sup Forums, Ive never watched Stranger Things and I dont plan on watching it anytime soon. Please explain to me who this character is and why she is so hated.

Stranger things is set in the 80's yes? Its supposed to be Goonies-esque kids go on creepy adventures?

she's walt's wife and everyone is pissed at her because she keeps getting in the way of meth-making fun

She's a host fashioned after Ford's former partner

Muh diversity

At least it drifts away a little from all the "oh Will! Will this! Will that!" like for fuck's sake stop giving him screentime

Hey, serious question. In E2S7 poo&crew go to a gas station called "Oscar's Fill-Er-Up" where Eleven smacks a dude with psychokinesis. In the 1992 movie The Lawnmower Man, a gas station attendant gets attacked with psychokinesis at "Harley's Gas-Er-Up". Do you think this is a coincidence or just another one of the endless string of references in this series? Maybe I'm being an autist.

>I don't mind eating shit because at least it's different than just eating food every day

Crackpot theory- the Duffer Brothers have a boner for, or at least know how to exploit, 80's pop culture. Including the Star Wars phenomenon. What if this episode was a well thought out ploy to cement into all these people's heads that "man episode 7 sucked", thus subtly hinting that TFA, was in fact, shit. I don't know, ive been drinking.

She’s a retroactively introduced character who is a “sister” of sorts to the primary character, a girl named Eleven. They were both subject of illegal experimentation at a young age due to their psychic potential. The brown chick however, was never once named or alluded to in season 1. While she at the very least isn’t a Mary Sue, it’s clear they cast a poo in loo for diversity points. Her story arc ruins the pacing and plot direction of the entire season. She has no real place aside from being a magical negro who teaches Eleven how to hone her powers for the final battle against the evil forces from another dimension.

>The higher-ups said we don't have enough diversity in our show
>but it's meant to be a throwback to 80's shit
>fucking diversity, bitch. Didn't you hear me?
>ok, so what if we put in a curry muncher who serves no purpose, and then add a ulta-pale red-head to fuck the black kid?
>perfect

filling diversity quota, the original characters were too white

I mean, it seems like it would be easy for a gas station to have similar names... would a show like this use a real gas station? all the store names and stuff have to be made up, right?

soros

She's in a punk rock criminal gang that is never once mentioned and not remotely related to the plot.

Her episode comes after a major plot twist and doesn't further the story at all.

Also they give the main character a shitty goth emo makeover

Am I the only one that finds this person attractive?

i'm usually just memeing when i talk ill of blacks, but i think i legitimately hate indians

i unironically feel disgust when i see these people

I think the actress is moderately attractive, but not in this role. Her face looks fatter, her style is awful, and she just looks grimy and dirty (except for her hair which is cleaner than Eleven's).

Actually, yes. You very well may be the only person that finds that attractive.

oy vey you will get diversity and like it goy

>mfw her nickname is actually Kali
Actual Indians cringe hard at shit like this. It's like some white kid choosing the nickname Einstein.

forgot my face

I need screencaps of this because it sounds like bullshit

i don't mind eating birdshit if all I have is bullshit

This is true

Einstein was a Jew you idiot

yeah that's definitely a distinction worth talking about in this context

No one cares, Pajeet.

At least they accurately portrayed this gifted young Indian lass in that despite her extraordinary abilities, she still chooses to shit in the street and live like a rat.

Kudos to the Duffers for accuracy.

I really like the show but there is no way I can defend that episode. It was just bad. The other day somebody posted screencaps from reddit of them shitting on it too.
When even reddit hates your forced diversity shitshow you know youve gone too far.

actually my name is Raj, you may have seen my token presence in several popular shows and films

Including in stranger things so thanks for ruining a halfway decent season paneer

The whole season was disjointed and shitty. Nothing had any impact in the slightest and it felt like most characters were just annoying when some were at least alright in the first season.

>wastes 48 mins for a 40 second bullshit training session in the dark side.

Really fucking unnecessary, other unnecessary things were showing how hopper came into possession of el, it was pretty fucking obvious.

How old are you? I was making a joke about how a lot of token Indian characters are named Raj. I'm a fat white American NEET.

>be in a room with someone you know can make you see things that aren't really there
>Still get up and yell at the person you know isn't there

Is 11 stupid?

I mean, Stranger Things have happened xD

thank you

I seriously want to know. There are so many dumb little references in this show, you just know some writer was jerking themselves off thinking about all the "10 things you missed in Stranger Things" blogposts people would write. I can totally believe someone intentionally did it as a Lawnmower Man reference.

make sure to add a little race mixing in too

The last 2 episodes "borrowed" heavily from Jurassic Park at every turn.

Rewatch the Lawnmower Man. You missed the sign that says "Formerly Oscar's".

No, I thought she was pretty hot. I fucking hated her character and this episode, but I'd fuck her

No, you're thinking of the gas station at the landfill--Harley's Pump 'n' Dump.

Don't you have a street to shit on

they had to shoehorn in diversity somehow after the show got popular

Cause she was taken from London when it looks like she was maybe 7-8yrs. So assuming she's probably 12 or 13 in the time shes introduced, she can still have that hybrid accent? That's my guess

She grew up in Denmark in real life. Weird.

This character and her sideplot don't work in any way, shape, or form.

She shows up for one episode with a series of characters who look and act like bargain bin Xmen. They try to play them off like misunderstood misfits, but all their actions make them out to be hardened, psychotic killers. But most importantly, they don't look or act like plausible people or 80s archetypes. The entire existence of this character and her gang don't make any fucking sense in the show. They're shown to be really shitty criminals who should have been caught or killed years ago. They stick out from the rest of the show like a sore thumb. The entire episode does because the direction, writing, and performances are so fucking bad. It's like they handed all creative control to a team of edgy teenagers for 50 minutes. And it's entirely irrelevant to the main plot and has no significant consequences. It's a transparent, shameless diversion to get one of the characters out of town so they can't solve the main plot early.

This actor, her character, and the episode it relates to is all really aggravatingly fucking bad.

>She shows up for one episode with a series of characters who look and act like bargain bin Xmen. They try to play them off like misunderstood misfits, but all their actions make them out to be hardened, psychotic killers. But most importantly, they don't look or act like plausible people or 80s archetypes. The entire existence of this character and her gang don't make any fucking sense in the show. They're shown to be really shitty criminals who should have been caught or killed years ago. They stick out from the rest of the show like a sore thumb. The entire episode does because the direction, writing, and performances are so fucking bad. It's like they handed all creative control to a team of edgy teenagers for 50 minutes. And it's entirely irrelevant to the main plot and has no significant consequences. It's a transparent, shameless diversion to get one of the characters out of town so they can't solve the main plot early.
they looked like "Fans" from Hotline Miami 2, except animal masks.

Agreed. Season 1's simplicity and quality were what worked for it. Stranger things is taking a sharp nosedive in quality thanks to its popularity.

wtf with that quote, sorry senpai

>not skipping episode 7 as everyone from Sup Forums to facebook complained that it was weak

Unless you marathoned it all the day it came out, you only have yourself to blame

who cares about the accent, she tripped all over her dialog.
you can take an indian away from india but you can't make them deliver lines correctly. the cock is firmly stuck in their mouths.

>skipping episodes
>implying your opinion matters when you don't get the full experience
kys yourself

I still cant figure out how its forced diversity? The show is like 99% white people

It's like anime, it's okay to skip the filler

she was in a fine episode and she played a great character but Sup Forums only likes white actresses

>Stranger Things

>Skipping Jane’s Mom going on a warpath to save her daughter

Oh, boy we need inspiration for this season, we have no idea what to do with Eleven. But, hey, she's pretty much a superhero, right, isn't season 1 her origin story. Let's read some comics about superheroes and shit. Remember the Invisibles? Let's re-read that, that was good. It even had this organization kidnapping people with special powers, just like we did.

Is episode 7 even worth watching? I just finished episode 6 and may just skip it.

kek

Do you people really have so little time you can't decide to watch 9 episodes or 8? But you have time to go on Sup Forums and write dumbass posts asking for advice?

Watch it if you want, don't if you don't, sorry if it's a boring answer but you won't really gain or lose much either way.

>why she is so hated.
The episode that revolves around her is shit. It doesn't match the tone of the other episodes at all, and it occurs right after the huge cliff-hanger/SHTF final scene of the preceding episode.

So instead of seeing how the main characters are going to survive the final scene of the previous episode, you get to spend an entire episode with the Diversity Squad ®, a band of cliched, poorly written, poorly acted edgelords. This includes listening to them lecture about the nature of capitalism
>were not taking your money, your money is insured, were taking the money of the billionaire war criminals who own this world
and teaching 11 important lessons like
>DUDE, JUST GET MAD LMAO
and
>MUH UNFAIR SOCIETY JUST DOESN'T ACCEPT US

Are you by any chance a fecephiliac?

>Redditor Things

>reminder that some people actually do think that armed robbery is fine because of insurance

actually one of the best eps of season 2

It's just a problem because her character is so out of place. It's like they added a pointless character for the sole sake of adding a minority to the cast, and that's poor storytelling. If she had been well written and likeable there'd be less to complain about

The poo is firmly stuck in the loo

Mouth breather

Nice b8 m8

I liked it, faggots. It had less characters in it so it felt less cluttered and more focused. Plus there was some nice action in there to keep things interesting. plus touching ending about Eleven taking her real friends over amoral faggots. plus the episode felt more self contained and didnt have to rely on other episodes so much

literal autism

We can all agree that Steve and Dustin are by far the best part of this show right?

>t. bitter faggot who can't give a legitimate argument

Sombra threads belong over in /vg/, you fucknuts

Anyone know a place I can download this from? Or just the regular torrent haunts.

Mental retardation: The post.

Dustin was until season 2
Patrician choice on Steve

It's 2017, who the fuck doesn't have Netflix?

You are forgeting /ourdad/ Bob

doesnt make me wrong senpai
just give up

poorfags thats who

>until season 2

He got even more likable in season 2. Yes Steve improved the most, but Dustin went up too.

I'm almost convinced that they let someone guest direct this. Like one of the kids or something.

I think she is cute. more pics?

rarbg (dot) to

I don't know why everyone hates on this episode so much. Probably because muh blacks, or muh woman director. It was a fun episode.

Sup Forums really is Sup Forumslite

ITS NOT 110% WHITE!! THAT MEANS THE JEWS ARE FORCING DIVERSITY DOWN OUR THROATS!!! REEEEEEEE

>The brown chick however, was never once named or alluded to in season 1.
Yeah guess what. 1-7 and 9-10 are also not alluded to you fucking nonce. But they obviously exist(ed)

You're just made because she's brown.

I'm mad because it's a shit character

I just assumed they were dead. You never really see any indication in any of the Lab scenes that they have any other kids in there.

Guess I'm a pleb, because it was easily my favorite episode. I was hoping for a Kali/Jane/Will team up ass kicking.

He isn't White
so what point are you making

They did a decent enough job making S1 feel authentic, this image just bums me out.

It's a weird secret organization with massive government influence, if not being a secret wing of the government itself. They probably have facilities all over the globe, certainly more than just a backwater hick town.

8 is older than 11, so we can surmise that they are numbered chronologically from when they are acquired. 11 might be the last, we just don't know.

I guarantee we'll wind up seeing more of them though.