Can a movie really be considered a musical with only 8 songs?

Can a movie really be considered a musical with only 8 songs?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sNJmfuEWR8w
youtube.com/watch?v=Jo4XXm8OUP4
youtube.com/watch?v=KOusS095Q8M
youtu.be/DNNOeEDB19E
youtube.com/watch?v=LonKGuS9uuQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

how can mirrors be real if our eyes arent?

If all the songs are gold then I don't see the problem, there should be longer versions though.

longer version of the army marching one would be good enough for me. it's satisfying to have that in-sync chanting shit, but it's only in the la~resistance medley

Can music really be considered a music album with only a single song? Pic related. Check it. It's fucking amazing.

This alone makes it a musical

youtube.com/watch?v=sNJmfuEWR8w

Shut your fucking face, uncle fucker.

Kyles mom is a big fat bitch, she is the biggest bitch in the whole wide world.

youtube.com/watch?v=Jo4XXm8OUP4
This is peak sout park

>only 8 songs

Most Disney animated musicals have less songs than that.

What the fuck happened to this show?

>when you've listened to these songs so many times you can instantly recognize the minor differences between the film and soundtrack versions
Soundtrack version was better btw
youtube.com/watch?v=KOusS095Q8M

admitted on commentary couple times, "trey came into the writers room and said 'i've been watching ______ we should do a show about that'"
rather than fucking with insignificant has-beens, "why did you pick that celebrity" style, more absurd humor to pile on it, they pick on easy targets they watch on TV now. they done picked clean their good jokes they had been welling on. do like some jokes in their new episodes, that goth poe in Goth 3 was really good

They got old, burned out and now do the bare minimum to keep the checks rolling in. Negresses and wife's sons don't come cheap.

>Soundtrack version was better btw
Nope.

They started putting almost no thought into every episode, seeing that they start from scratch one week before air-time, instead of hiring a board of talented writers to come up with better, more creative content.

Film version sounds like they're rushing through it because they probably are.

finest musical i've ever seen is Aladdin

besides Aristocats, god damn it is fun. except it turns out it's about a tomcat taking in 3 whores babies.

Production of the film started less than a season into its life, when it was still the fresh new countercultural thing. Now it's been around for decades and it IS the institution.

Instead of episodes being wacky adventures they decided it should just be stuff that's only topical the year its produced.

That's a song about every 12 minutes isn't it? I'm not a faggot so I don't know how musicals are supposed to work on a technical level but that seems like a pretty good pace.

when you've made a mormon musical that is all musical, and a theater production, i think you can handle an entire musical...animation. it doesn't take up space in an auditorium, it takes up space on hard drives

it has 16 songs though

What was the last episode Satan was in?

The South Park movie was years before to be fair. I don't think too much of Matt and Trey's stuff had stage type musical elements before that. Also have to imagine it wouldn't have been received well as a South Park movie by general audiences if they'd been singing from start to finish. The pace worked well for what they were going for I think.

I wanna say either the one where he has a Halloween party and butter has to take Biggie's ghost to it or the Heaven vs Hell PSP thing.

>mfw a south park movie was never made after season 5

Well Imaginationland is a movie cut in three parts and released as episodes when they realized that it's shit and they aren't funny anymore.

Imaginationland was hilarious you shitbird

This so much

They were younger. You were younger. Life was different.

That wasn't the most self-indulgent thing they've done, but they were so proud of making shit, it's like a different team wrote it. but it has their voices. it's so gay, something you omit from your south park playlist like the Mysterion/coon eps, a million little fibers, and the stan/being/a/drunk/two/parter

the first seasons are utter shit, then it got good for a while and then it was utter shit again

this is objective and if you don't realize it you're a retard

>the first seasons are utter shit
t. 18 year old

t. retard

the first seasons actually felt character driven. after about season 5 it started to become too focused on the plot and apparently the lack of levity was the joke but that gets extremely old after a while

>the first season was shit yet the later (and best) seasons got good despite following a very similar formula to the firs

Kys those eps are rock solid

yes the difference being that it wasn't funny at first and then it was

My father had a hearty chuckle when I told him they made Saddam Satan's gay lover in this movie.

Aladdin was the first movie I saw in the cinema as a kid so it's always had a special place in my heart. I went to see the Aladdin on Ice show too as a kid.

I've been thinking if I should go see the stage show next year.

elaborate

>toilet/mild absurd humor
>expanding from a seemingly tiny issue to a massive event

where's the difference?

it was fairly recent i think, it was when the canadian devil was making micro transactions in a game and satan comes to stop him

The first two seasons and the movie were the best, it was all downhill from there, and if you don't realize it you're a pleb peasant slave.

this but unironically
watching even season 1 episodes is infinitely better than watching anything that's come out in the last 15 years

That was the best after La Resistance.

you kidding me?
i've seen so many so-called musicals that only have like 2 songs, how is 8 songs lacking?

also the film is less than 80 minutes long so that's actually quite a lot for the runtime.

I spent a summer watching this movie atleast once a week. As a consequence I can remember every word to every song.

youtu.be/DNNOeEDB19E

This is my favourite. I always sing along to it, no matter how much it annoys people. Pure cartoon kino.

same. i had a dvd player in the car and watched this movie like 8 times on a car trip. this movie is so goddamn good.

It used to be actual stories with a few little current events thrown in.

Now it's current events with a few little stories thrown in.

Early seasons are so comfy, and are surprisingly still relevant. Can't say that for the newer seasons which are outdated after a year.

Try and tell me anyone is going to be laughing at the PC Principal season or the Trump/Hillary season in 10 years.

>implying you wouldn't take advantage of having only 6 days to make a full fledged cartoon show to lampoon the latest trends

True. The Obama episode was next level crazy when it came out less than 24 hours of him getting elected, but they shouldn't always use events as a writing crutch.

posting best one

youtube.com/watch?v=LonKGuS9uuQ

While agree that a lot of the older episodes are more timeless, the implication that stuff that addresses current at the time issues shouldn't be made is dumb.

Isn't there a song like every 10 mins or so?

My nigga.

i like the brian boytano one

i like the brian boytano one

samefag

samefag

>Satan hitting the high note
dunno why but that's the most memorable thing from the movie to me

I'm not saying they shouldn't tackle current events. I'm just saying they are starting their writing at the wrong place.

They start with "what current even can we tackle this week" instead of "what's a good story." Older south park still managed to tackle current events, it just wasn't as ham-fisted and shallow.

This movie has not aged at all even though nobody now remembers Boitano or Hussein. It is still hilarious every time you watch it.

But what is evil anyway? Is there reason to the rhyme?
WITHOUT EVIL THERE CAN BE NO GOODSO IT MUST BE
>GOOD TO BE EVIL SOMETIMES

>kenny we accidentally replaced your heart with a baked potato
everytime

>hiring a board of talented writers
fuck no, that would make things worse

no, i agree the best joke is,
>you said f word
>jew?

>littleryboy yergointer hell!
It's actually that guy who Trey Parker is imitating voicing the guy singing this song

>It's actually that guy who Trey Parker is imitating voicing the guy singing this song
huh?

they turned into shippers