I want this to be good, Sup Forums. I really, REALLY want this to be good

I want this to be good, Sup Forums. I really, REALLY want this to be good.
>Especially, after all the BS

New Iron Fist Images.

comicbookmovie.com/tv/marvel/iron_fist/danny-rand-claire-temple-colleen-wing-more-feature-in-new-a148643

Other urls found in this thread:

mobile.twitter.com/FinnJones/status/827374763056177152?p=v
youtube.com/watch?v=MlZnbagyj6c
youtube.com/watch?v=l_TKXPPjhRk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I want it to be good, but I'm sure it's gonna suck.
Admittedly, I've only read modern Iron Fist(Immortal, etc.), and it does not seem to fall in line with any of that portrayal at all.
Am I just a newfag to Iron Fist? For fans that have been for awhile, is this how Danny used to be?

>Actor isn't a martial artist
>White Guilt shit
>Thin as fuck
>Cage is going to go get coffee with him
It's fucked.

>autism hair
>dyel
>shit tier beard
>fake-looking tattoo

Damn, this sucks.

I'm sure it's going to suck because my prior experience with a showrunner showed me how that man is a reverse King Midas and can turn even the biggest piece of gold into a lump of shit.

Butthurt since 2013!

>>Great opening episodes
>>Followed by episodes of talking and not much else.
>>One mid-episode that makes it all seem awesome
>>Slow decent to a finale that is underwhelming.
We know the system by now.

They're going for a FOB in a WASP body, AKA, Marvel Premiere/Claremome and Bryne run. Hence, the Meachums and Colleen Wing being revelent. Plus, additional lore from IIF, and some character from ILW.

I think you mean Misty, Pham.

>Daredevil: urban crime drama
>Jessica Jones: sexual violence
>Luke Cage: blaxploitation, respectability politics
>Iron Fist: ???

The reason these shows work and aren't just capeshit is they have a point and a narrative thrust. They're not embracing the 70's kung-fu craze wackiness to avoid the camp and the sticky racial politics of it, they're not embracing the Brubaker pulp probably due to budget and also to avoid the camp and the sticky racial politics. So what is this show? Just a less interesting Daredevil?

I haven't seen anything in the trailers or press that sells this show on anything other than WATCH THIS BECAUSE IT'S IRON FIST which sure sounds a lot like capehsit to me.

In terms of themes? Corporate corruption and identity.

>CAPESHIT CAPESHIT CAPESHIT
Fuck off.

I didn't know that word was so upsetting to people.

When i say capehsit I just mean it has no interesting characters arcs, no emotional stakes, no plot that's anything but an excuse to get from one action scene to the other, etc. Capeshit is a movies / series that has no reason to exist outside of wanting to see a superhero you recognize in action scenes.

"Capeshit" is a retarded forced meme coined by Sup Forumstards and indiefags.

>too add to the post

To what? Feeling like an alien in America, despite being WA? Well...

most people just use it to mean superhero material and not a statement of quality

I at very least hope it will be less awful than Jessica Jones.
That putrid garbage made me cautious of watching Netflix shit. I wish I never saw it.

They use it as both in a "my tastes are better than yours" kind of way which is annoying as hell.

JJ wasn't that bad, just poorly paced. Should have been half its length.

It was extremely bad. Pacing is just one of the problems.

You words are a perfect example of why it annoys people. You're condescending and pretentious.

I think the pacing explains it all. The plot didn't have enough meat to it so they had to stretch it out much longer than it logically should which led to basically nothing happening and characters acting stupid. DD season 2 was bad as well but going with that format of two separate stories would have helped JJ a lot.

Not all. I see the word capeshit alot and it's mostly just talking about hero movies in general, like character fans would use "charactername+fag" in Sup Forums.

>White Guilt shit

All those people dragging one of the only well placed comic characters to comment on "White Privilege", because the think he's a douche bag prep who went on a "gap yah". The very same people who want others to recognise racial privilege.

Ironic isn't it?

Fixing the pacing still wouldn't remove a completely shitty and cringeworthy villain, an absense of any kind of suspense, terrible action scenes, fucking godawful dialogue, mediocre visuals and boring characters.

I assume your indie books about some fag learning to play guitar and his childhood drama or your Japanese big eye cartoons are so much more respectable.

I've see that, too. It's like general usage, like when they use "Kino" to mean good, when it just means cinema in German/Russian.

I like plenty of superheroes movies. Nolan's Batman, Raimi's Spider-Man, Singer's X-Men, Favreau's Iron Man, Gunn's GotG, the previous Netflix series, etc. are all superhero stuff that (on the whole) have likable characters and emotional stakes and plots that are more than just excuses fro CGI punching.

Child abuse, maybe? Corporativism?

I want my mental illness centered Moon Knight, danm it.

All of the Marvel Netflix shows have been poorly paced. Every single one of them has required padding out. You could condense each season into 10 episodes and be much better for it.

Is this Finn addressing the shaders?

mobile.twitter.com/FinnJones/status/827374763056177152?p=v

There's been /more/ nitpicking over this show, than any other Netflix show.

With a showrunner like this people have every reason to be afraid and expect something bad.
youtube.com/watch?v=MlZnbagyj6c

Yea they made a huge mistake with the 13 episode seasons. Too short to include standalone episodes (DD S1) or two shorts stories (DD S2, LK) but too long to execute a one long story without tons of padding (JJ).

Hopefully when they renegotiate with Netflix they'll cut them down to 10 episode seasons.

Yeah, this. All the shows have wonky pacing and structure. It's weird. Makes me thinks maybe the number of episodes were changed at some point.
For example, JJ has solid pacing building up to a big climax. But then instead of that climax being the end of the season, like it feels it should be, it goes on for another few episodes culminating in a second climax, which is nowhere near as effective as the first, primarily because it totally lacks the build-up that helped make the first climax so effective. The fact that they got the build-up and pacing right the first time makes the fact that they then fucked it up inexplicable. it feels like it was meant to be two seasons that got jammed into being one and a half. And all these shows feel somewhat like that, like one short season that's been stretched out or two short seasons that have been squashed together.

I don't really believe that stories can be only told in certain allotments of time. If you write a story to fit the amount of time you have to tell it, it'll work. Knowing how to pace a story to fit the allotted time is just part of being a writer.
I suppose if you're used to writing stories of a certain length it might be difficult at first to write ones of a different length, and that might go some way to explaining the difficulty writers seem to be having adapting to the Netflix format. But if that's the case, it's not a flaw of the format, it's a flaw of the writers. It is their failure to adapt that is the problem.

>tfw you will never fuck Finn :(

STAHPPP!!!

>I'd more likely want to cuddle him, though.

costume budget was enough to buy a sharpie

I hope he has more of an ass by Defenders, to seduce Misty.

I've only seen concern for the showrunner on here and reddit.

It's mostly over his race and/or physique. Though, there is some concern over how the lore/story will be translated to live action.

That's fucking weird.

Take it from someone who was a Dexter fan once, under him the show became one of the worst, most badly-written and idiotic pieces of shit I have ever seen in live-action.

After how Dexter was an internet laughingstock for years (check any site, Sup Forums archives, IMDB, fucking AVClub, anything. The hate for later seasons was pretty much unanimous and chances are you'll find people bashing seasons that were made under him), I thought more people would be wary of Scott Buck.
>inb4 muh Six Feet Under
His involvement wasn't anywhere near as crucial.

Is it? There was like a nearly two year Internet campaign, to race-bend and story-bend this cat into an Asian-American. And, as he's not, people are dragging the fuck out of him (and the up coming show.)
Showrunner hate took the back seat.

Oh. Tumblr-kiddies focusing on something meaningless rather than a real issue. That's sad but expected at this point.

>Everybody blaming Tumblr, and letting Twitter lurk in the shadows.

Plus, not forgetting the myriad of articles about this.

>I want it to be good, but I'm sure it's gonna suck.

This one line is Sup Forums in a nutshell.

"Tumblr" in this case is used not as a site where those people come from, but as a mentality.

that's one scrawny ass martial artist

youtube.com/watch?v=l_TKXPPjhRk

He had under two months to train.

Am I missing context to find this bad? I assume it was better before?

Where's the hype?