So, did Courtney have a ginger fever?

So, did Courtney have a ginger fever?

Pretty much.

This show was an anomaly in how the super popular rich girl was not only nice, but a way better friend to Giner than her own friends.

>Tried rewatching this show.
>Couldn't get over the fugly art syle and character designs.

And her best friend was the really nasty one to Ginger, but Courtney and Miranda's friendship was actually genuine.

Yet, autistic Ginger didn't want to be her friend.

I feeling Miranda could have eventually begrudgingly accepted Ginger as being important to Courtney. While Macie and Dodie would have just done everything they could to sabotage and keep Ginger from leaving them behind.

Which they did.

Word of God says yes; they wanted to have Courtney realize and come to terms with the fact that she had a crush on Ginger, but Nick said "absolutely fucking not".

Which is funny considering they had a Teen Nick show earlier than that which was explicit in the fact the main fell in love with her best friend and they paired off as the series went on.

My guess is that they felt like they could get away with that on a TEEN NICK show, but not on a cartoon- even if that cartoon aired during Teenick.

Would have been an interesting issue for Courtney to deal with. I'd liked to have seen her talk it out with Miranda and see if that would have changed Miranda's feelings about Ginger getting closer to Courtney.

Yea I can understand why they didn't but it could have been pretty good "real talk" for a kids show.

Trying to understand confusing feelings and stuff.

Yeah, if it was made today it wouldn't have even been subtle.

>considering they had a Teen Nick show earlier than that which was explicit in the fact the main fell in love with her best friend and they paired off as the series went on.

Really? What show was that?

>see if that would have changed Miranda's feelings about Ginger getting closer to Courtney.

Probably make them worst with how possessive of Courtney Miranda was.

South of Nowhere.

Dunno. Maybe she could have understood that her possessive nature would only lead to hurting her friend more. Unlike two other people who didn't give a shit about hurting their friend.

But user, all of the movies and after-school specials tell me that nerds rule the world when they grow up, and that the "popular" kids in highschool are only popular because of how often they're mean to people.

Honestly though, I could swear that there were at least a couple of episodes where Courtney was a bitch, but it was mostly instigated by her even more bitchy, manipulative, black bff, whom I can't remember the name of. Although I'm pretty sure she also got a redemption arch

Miranda.

And Courtney was never an outright bitch; she could be snobby and elitist, but it was never intentional or malicious.

All I remember from this show was hating both of the friends, especially the one with the triangle head for being a cunt, and racemixing.

And eventually even Miranda grew as a person and became much less of a cunt while Gingers original "friends" remained preternaturally obnoxious and hugely jealous cunts but we were supposed so sympathize with them because they were also huge failures and social inept fucktards or something. God that show made my blood boil. It really did go aganist the grain and showed popular people can be nice and omegas can be vicious, spiteful shits.

Really?

Didn't she help out Courtney when other girls almost found out she stuffed her bra in that pool party episode?

She was clearly gay for Ginger.

I don't think Ginger dislikes her, just don't want her as a friend, for some strange reason.

Courtney wasn't even present in the epilogue, even if Ginger two bitch "friends" are.

Wasn't Miranda willing to drop Courtney like it was nothing when social status came into play?

>for some strange reason

she could smell the desperation.

I think in some episodes, but I know the camp special had her at least realizing that Courtney was important to her.

that was after they were told to kill that plot line. it was on and off for them as friends. In part because of the needy bitches.

6 episodes were cut

or her own funny feelings.

I believe they showed a story board at one convention back at the day of Courtney in the Epilogue, She was with a woman that hat similar traits as Ginger standing outside where Ginger was giving that book reading.

More time of Courtney living in Gingers house and such.

Wonder what stage those episodes were in. Already written and recorded with just the animation to be done (aka Angry Beavers) or just the Scripts (aka just about every Nick show)

Who cares? There's nothing wrong with that.

Remind me, guys. Who's the girl who loves to ski?

>Ginger's two best friends actively attempt to destroy her relationship with Darren
>Courtney is the only one who cares and saves Ginger and Darren from their awful friends
>Darren cheats on Ginger anyway because of "muh football"

If they ever do a revival of As Told by Ginger that takes place after Louis's wedding, I want Ginger, Courtney, Orion, and MAYBE Macie to be the new group of friends.

I really liked Darren before he broke up with Ginger.

Shit, I never saw the Epilogue.

>Courtney wasn't even present in the epilogue
She killed herself because she couldn't be with Ginger.

>I really liked Darren before he broke up with Ginger.

I liked how as soon as he became popular he turned into an asshole.

Seemed more realistic he wanted to 'trade up'.

Does anyone else here miss early mid 2000s Nick?

Early Spongebob and Fairly Oddparents, Rocket Power, Ginger, Wild Thornberrys, Chalkzone, Invader Zim, My Life as a teenage robot, Danny phantom(seasons 1-2), Jimmy Neutron, Friday Night Nicktoons, U-Pick Live, still had reruns of the 90s shows... man, those were the days.

Because she got cut out just like her entire arc

Yeah.

I like this rumor and keep seeing it posted, but I have never seen anyone post a source.

How are gingers friends bitches honestly. Never really saw the show, but its weird to think that the bully/popular foil is more of a friend than her supporting friends

>Dodie humiliating other kids by revealing they have lice
>Dodie revealing Ginger's hairy legs
>Dodie and Macie team up with Alpha Bitches Miranda and Mipsy to break up Ginger and Darren
>Dodie wants a super hype party Ginger is planning canceled because she can't go
>Dodie faking a broken leg for pity from the Pep Squad (inspired by Ginger's appendix explosion)

I haven't watched a ton of this (as a kid the art style turned me off and so I never saw enough to realize it had continuity and shit) but I sort of like how pretty much everyone except Ginger is some degree of awful. I'm sure there are episodes where Ginger is also a shit but almost everyone else is just consistently sort of terrible, and Ginger kind of goes along with them while also trying to be a decent person.

Pretty true to life in a way you don't really see in kids' cartoons.

It left me a bad after taste.
Too much reality for my young mind

I remember one episode ending literally being
>Ginger: And you learned that it's best to just be yourself?
>Other girl: Nope.
>Ginger: Well, at least we learned something...
>Dodie: I didn't.

To this day I'm still most salty at Darren for being a cheating cunt, yet them still ending up with each other at the end

That's the power of BBC.

>they have a dark skinned baby with red hair

Is that how genetics works?

Why is slice of life so uncommon in western animation, American specifically?

yes

Genetics can be really weird.

>Ginger's appendix explosion
that period of ginger's life was suffering

>I'm sure there are episodes where Ginger is also a shit
there are and she gets called out on it, sometimes the episodes didn't end with the classic "i learned my lesson and i'm sorry so now i'm forgiven", sometimes she ruined her relationship with another character without a chance of ending things on a good note

Cheryl's hair looks more brown than red.

Not too big a fan of Rocket Power but I miss most nick shows. Even All Grown Up desu.

It's possible. Genetics are weird and random mutations occur all the time. Two red heads with green eyes can have a blond/e kid with brown eyes if they have the genes for it. Even dark eyed people can have blue eyed kids if the parents have genes for blue eyes.

Good god who hurt her?

Dodie was such an insufferable cunt

He was a passive aggressive creeper before he lost the head gear and afterwards he was just an asshole with no excuses.

Really without Courtney around regardless her romantic feelings toward Ginger.

Ginger is in the worst timeline without a friend that is just wanting to be a friend because they like Ginger not because they are a social parasite.

animation is supposed to be for kids in the west

>tried watching the show when it first came out
>same problem

I can deal with Rugrats looking awful though.

Because that field is covered by live action.

And have two Harpies that guilt her into giving that shitlord another chance because it'll keep their social circle intact.

Damn That show is just so damned depressing.

Ginger is basically a doormat for everyone cept the one that encourages her to raise herself up.

And she vanishes from Gingers life.

her mother

Did they ever release a longer version of the theme song? I remember always wanting it to be longer, but it doesn't seem it was ever made into a full-on song.

No, unfortunally. It's a great theme, and uncommon for a cartoon.

Yeah, I wish they could have actually gotten to do that story.