Think of your favorite superhero. Got 'em? Alright, a new miniseries starring them has been announced. The catch...

Think of your favorite superhero. Got 'em? Alright, a new miniseries starring them has been announced. The catch? It's being written and drawn by your favorite mangaka. What happens?

Other urls found in this thread:

hiatus-hiatus.rhcloud.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>your favorite mangaka

>Green Lantern by Oda
yes

This. This isn't Sup Forums, we don't read weeb shit

>Spider-Man
>Inio Asano
Shit, just when you thought Peter's love life couldn't get more fucked.

>This isn't Sup Forums, we don't read weeb shit
>coco's Bizarre Adventure in catalog 27/7

Deathlok drawn by Shotaro Ishinomori would be certainly be something. He's all about cyborgs and suffering, I'm kinda sad this isn't a thing honestly.

>Clint Barton / Hawkeye
>By either Yoshikazu Yasuhiko, Mizukami Satoshi or Samura Hiroaki

Sounds intresting.

Those are dumb weebs that keep trying to invade this board. It's treason to read weeb shit. American and even European comics are leagues better.

>your favorite superhero

>Increadible Hulk by Masashi Tanaka
I'm so hard right now, fuck you for even making me think about this.

>Shazam by Buronson & Ikegami
DO WANT

That art style is familiar.
I like it, a lot.

>Cable by Kentaro Miura

That's Nihei.

Iirc it's from Nihei, author of Blame! and Knights of Sidonia.

Would read

>Poison Ivy by Ken Akamatsu
>IvyxHarley romcom with a side of action
>IvyxHarley
I do not like it, no sir I do not.

>Cannonball
>Araki
Things are gonna get Cuhrayze

>Blame!
Aaah so there it is
Yeah I remember the kinda down-syndrome face, but the design were top fucking notch.

>The Question written by Nisioisin
It's amazing, follows the tradition of each run basically making Vic into a different character, and Renee gets a pixie cut halfway through.

Nightwing by Kiyohiko Azuma
bring it on

>Ms. Marvel
>Kiyohiko Azuma
Fuck. Yeah!

>Green Lantern by Boichi

Holy shit, I didn't know I needed that!

Too bad the Hulk is Gon now.

I'd love to read Araki's Cannonball Run.

Is there a mangaka that would do their research on the comics first and not just do their own "interpretation" disregarding the character's history?

Legitimately asking, I don't know shit about manga.

TINTIN'S BIZARRE ADVENTURE

also fuck you tintin is a superhero

Hellboy by Kentaro Miura

fuck i want this

I don't really have a favorite Mangaka and the only manga I really read is BnHA. I don't see Hori being a great fit for Herc. He'd make him a weird crossover of AllMight and Grapist. And I've never really been much a fan of Jap humor and my favorite Herc is humorous.
TinTin in The Mystery of Stone Mask

>Adventures of Ben Grimm by Osamu Tezuka
This could either be the best thing ever, or some nonsense he dashed out to pay the bills. I love Tezuka, but I won't pretend everything he did was amazing.

probably, but some i'd let do their own thing and see what happens, even if its shit it could be interesting

>A Chew series by Kohta Hirano

I genuinely do not know how to feel about this.

I got Hellboy + Ito.

hellboy plus anyone is great news for me, i just need more HB in my life

>Shade the Changing Man by Araki
Well shit will get weirder I'll tell you that.

>Aquaman by Oda
I want to live in the universe where this exist

Flex Mentallo by Araki

>Spider-Man by Miura
This is gonna get weird real fast, ain't it?

>The Fantastic Four by Sadamoto

>Powerpuff Girls by Naoko Takeuchi

>batman by hirohiko araki
wep, that gonna be wierd and bizarre

>Question by Araki

holy shit yes

Atsushi Ōkubo with ghost rider? Match made in heaven.

It never comes out.

hiatus-hiatus.rhcloud.com/

I don't really have a favorite mangaka, but I do have a very favorite anime studuo so I'm gonna say Studio Trigger and Thor.

The son of Odin is gonna BELIEVE in his worthy ness like never before.

>also fuck you tintin is a superhero

He's already a hero user.

Superman by Berserk's Kentaro Miura. Shit.

It's hard for me to pick an individual mangaka as a favorite, there just arent enough consistently amazing stories by one author to push them above the others.

instead i'll do what this user did

Spider-Man by SHAFT
shit's gonna get dark or weird or both.

not a superhero but
>Corto Maltese by Hiroaki Samura

yes please.

Well, is he gonna have the red coat or the big tits in this version?

Nick Minoru mini by Hiromi Arakawa?

He'll yeah!

Either that or a Cassandra Cain story by Naomi Urwasawa.

Which might not work... Except for catching how she thinks.

>Ant Man by Hirohiko Araki
>Ant Man shrinks to microscopic levels and gets stuck, has to fight a bunch of microscopic creatures and villains
mite b cool

>Batman Beyond by Junji Ito
Jesus Christ, how horrifying

>katsuhiro otomo swamp thing
i-i'm scared guys

>it's a splicers story.

Oh god...

Nova by Araki would be something I would read.

Araki's SHAZAM?!?!?!

>Runaways by the guy who is doing BnHA
That sounds fun.

So would Shazam just be Billy's Stand instead?

>Superman by Naoki Urasawa
should be great

HAHAHAHAHA go back to your man of bats faggot

Ghost rider by who ever created desert punk.
Lazy bitch bastard hasnt updated in nearly a year.

First few issues of Batmanga was Jiro Kuwata using his art with the translated scripts of a few Silver Age issues of Batman, before making some of his own villains to write with.

Kentaro Miura doing a punisher and wolverine crossover

Murata isn't even my favorite but I would pay good money to see him draw a Superman comic. Specifically a fight between Supes and some other heavy hitter.

Man, there's a lot of Araki fans in here. I'm trying to think of a superhero series where the characters have to deal with tons of weird shit and don't question how out of the ordinary it is. Best I could think of Freakazoid! but it's a parody instead of a really weird example of the genre.

>your favorite mangaka

Better question,
>your favorite superhero

>literally thought of One Punch Man because all my favorite comic characters have went to shit
ummm I think I will be fine

>Cyclops
>written by ONE

We would get a ton of weird, badly drawn but fun new X-kids for sure, and it would be about Cyclops and other X-men teaching instead of fighting evil as a team.

Assuming it's outside the Marvel Universe. It would be very sarcastic, fun and cynical about why humans hate mutants.

How about:

Think of your favorite anime/manga character. They're being written and drawn in a new miniseries written and by your favorite western comic artist.

What happens?

>implying the retards making coco's bizarre adventure actually read Jojo

>Spiderman by Murata
>Deadpool by Murata
Boi

>Superman
>Hirohiko Araki

This is going to be MAJESTIC!

>No connection to X-Men or rest of Marvel universe
>Cable is a lone warrior in post apocalyptic world
>Fights biomechanical monstrosities that can disguise themselves as human
>Domino is main love interest

>Kentaro Miura doing The Crow

I don't really read Manga outside of some /u/ stuff and even then I don't really have a particularly favorite mangaka.

I guess Supergirl turns really gay by Minase Ruruu.

>Daredevil by Inio Asano

wow

It sorta happened for one page

>The Question
>Okaydo
Yeah that's an acid trip.

Rumiko Takahashi
Ben turns into the Thing when someone throws water on him.
Wackiness ensues.

>Spider-Man
>Naoko Takeuchi
Spider-Man as a magical girl is still better than what we've been getting.

fuck outta here with this weeb shit

>Spider Jerusalem
>Naoki Urasawa

we will never have a comic with attention to plot and art as good as 20th Century Boys.

>Miura drawns Spawn

>Implying I know who this Mitsubishi Kawasaki motherfucker is

>Kazuo Koike and Goseki Kojima will never do Jonah Hex

I'd read it.

Ghost Rider by Kentaro Miura

it's pretty fucking disgusting how 90% of the internet has forgotten the actual definition of the word weeb.

Wolverine did by the Hero Academia guy.

Superman by Junji Ito
Teen Lex Luthor moves to town with his parents while they investigate why their business's corn is dying out. The center seems to be at the old barren Kent Farm.

Lex is told about the rumors by locals Lana and Pete. They investigate and find a malnourished teen locked in a cage under the barn. They're attacked by Ma Kent with Lex and Lana escaping. The cops arrive and free the teen. Reporters capture that perfect shot of a hostage seeing the sun for the first time. The Luthors adopt Clark, becoming a national sensation.

Lex becomes suspicious of Clark's quick recovery and the town's rapid gravitation towards him. The Luthors don't even care about the company anymore. They just want to hear Clark talk about the light.

Luthor tries to secretly kill Clark a couple of different ways, but they only fail and make him seem more miraculous to the townspeople. Even Lana's becoming interested in him. Lex finally grabs an axe and slams it into Clark's chest, only to see it dissolve into him. Ma Kent's intervention saves Lex and they flee.

>Superman by Akira Toriyama

I think it already happened.

>Iron Man by Ken Ishikawa

Shit's about to get pretty crazy.

>Animal Man by Katsuhiro Otomo

Dude.

Holy shit. I'd read that. Are there any other horror superman stories like this? Besides Ellis's work at Avatar Press?

>She-Hulk bondage comic with an alien sado

cool as fuck.

>The Question by Taniguchi Jiro
While i mostly like his slice of life manga, he could probably create a pretty good noirish Question.

>Inio Asano
>Judge Dredd

If I had to guess how this mess of a fucking project would work out, it'd be Dredd surrounded by a bunch of weirdos, creeps, and perverts, drawn in extensive detail. The people he arrested/executed would only be different from everyone else in Mega-City One in that they've snapped in some way or did something slightly unproductive to society, and thus called upon the wrath of the judges. Also emotional trauma everywhere.

Meant to quote OP, though a Spider Jerusalem by Urasawa would interesting, he kind lacks Ellis irreverence to write Spider, but the mystery and journalist investigation parts would probably be better.

The Kents believe their prayers have been answered. The sky child refuses to drink milk and burns their skin when they touch him. The crops become weaker every morning and one night, all the animals disappear. Ma Kent begins having dreams of a pair of scientists desperately to seal something up. Pa Kent confronts Clark and is able to tackle him into the cage while being absorbed. She stopped feeding him for years, but somehow he stayed alive as the crops got weaker. During the telling of her story, the townspeople begin hunting for them. Lex dreams about scientists desperately trying to create a star to replace their dying sun. They think he's absorbing the nutrients out of the air, so the intend to seal Clark up in concrete. They assume everyone's under his control, so Lex calls Lana and tells her they're at the trap spot. Lana and some hunters show up without Clark since "he's busy". Ma Kent is killed leading the hunters into the trap. Lana and Lex beat each other to a pulp, but Lana snaps out of it.

Confused, they travel back to Luthor mansion to find it empty save a letter to Lex, thanking him for the parents. Clark spent all the money and had Lex's parents legally disown him before Clark absorbed them. In the time Lex had been planning personal revenge, Clark had time to have a private cargo rocket aimed at the sun. Clark wished he could stay and take over everyone's mind before absorbing them individually, but he noticed himself getting smaller again as he became hungrier.

Once Clark's gone past a certain distance, his pull wares off. Lex is assured by the military that the rocket was destroyed, but several of the scientists involve soon commit suicide. News shows NASA being reopened and the president declares that Venus will have a man on it in 5 years.

An older Lex sits on the Lang's porch when a Clark made of hands says the sun's too small and soon he'll need something bigger. Lex tells him to go away and is woke up by Lana in the morning.