Alright Sup Forums, let's try it one more time

Alright Sup Forums, let's try it one more time.

Find me a comic that nobody will seriously defend.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ml9MWzF2bpQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I was about to say "at least it has the superjizz" but no, that was the other one.

nobody but tumblr would realisticly defend the story but I like the minimalistic designs and artstyle

forgot pic

Earth 2: World's End.

Dominic Deegan
Ultimatum
Anything Dobson

Ding ding ding, Ultimatum!

Grumpy Cat: The Comic

Really, any issue or story from the 134-159 period not called Stargazing or Return to Angel Island could be put here. A lot of the stuff before was at least semi-defendable, but this period is pretty much the nadir of the comic's history, with pic related being so bad that it's what inspired Sega to actively start putting their food down regarding the comic

dan didio would defend it

Even people who hated the marriage didn't like it.

Dumbing of Age.

And you should report it too.

Does Sonichu count?

I'd say it's pretty well appreciated as outsider art.

>tfw a fucking game where they had no idea how the plot was managed to make a story miles better than this shit.

I swear to fuck, MAA didn't deserve to be gutted like that due to LOLsequels doing so bad they killed the entire company.

>it's what inspired Sega to actively start putting their foot down regarding the comic
How much of this issue was Sonic moping about Princess Sally marrying someone else? How bad was the moping?
What changes did Sega make in the aftermath?

I still think it's a good comedy until God shows up.

>How much of this issue was Sonic moping about Princess Sally marrying someone else
Fair amount of it. Like 40-50%. God awful, as you'd expect from Penders

>What changes
Around this time or when Ian came on board, they slowly started rolling out mandates (A lot of people erroneously think that the mandates showed up with the reboot. They didn't, it's just when they went into full effect), so stuff like "Sonic can't weep", "Sonic cannot be in a romantic relationship", "No new family members for characters that don't have them in the games", and so on. Problem is, in the pre-reboot a lot of that was already pre-established so they had to awkwardly work around it (Sonic stopped calling his mom his mom, stuff like that ) or ignore it (Like with Sally and Sonic, but even then you could say that's because only 2 issues later on even touched on Sonic being romantic)

Once the reboot happened, they could put them into full effect. As of now the mandates are
>Sonic cannot weep
>Sonic cannot suffer a heavy loss for more than 1 or 2 issues
>The planet is called Sonic's planet
>No major backstory changes to game characters
>No Classic Sonic (This was reversed last year)
>Game characters cannot be in romantic relationships
>Game characters cannot be permanently be killed off
>No original family for game characters (Cream's mom is fine, but if you wanted to give Sonic a brother, you can't)
Those are just the ones off the top of my head, but I think there's more

I probably explained this really poorly

Oh, and this is never outright said, but it's kind of implied that the mandates only apply to characters that have appeared since Sonic's jump to 3D. So characters like Mighty, Ray, Nack, Bean, Bark, the Battle Kukkus, and so forth, are exempt from all of these. But characters like Chip, Amy, Knuckles, or Omega are not

Sonic the Cuckhog

People will defend it as important art.

Art is not necessarily beautiful. It incites emotions that cannot be expressed in mere words.

Think of the monochromes and bichromes of Rothko. He didn't make those for shits and giggles.

So, too, we should view Sonichu. As the echoes from the howling soul of a human trapped in a terrifying world which we know to be our own.

Then you have strange taste, since the humor is garbage from page 1.

>Dominic Deegan
While it was pretty bad, he managed to do a multi-panel webcomic with daily updates and double-sized colored strips on Sundays, that almost never missed an update in its 11 year run-time and it ended with an actual ending instead of just slowly petering out into hiatus hell. That's a commendable work ethic that almost no other webcomic artist has ever been able to replicate and it deserves at least some respect for that. All that while surviving off of mediocre ad money and minor merch sales.

You've got webcomic artists with equally mediocre art that get regular patreon payments ontop of merch and ad money yet still struggle to do 3 strips a week.

holy shit sonic cucking tails then sonic getting cucked by antoine

Not even Antoine, but his fucking evil counterpart from another dimension. And that's only because Penders hated Bollers' idea of making Antoine evil

bullshit, that's when it gets good.

God is black by the way. fuck it.

haha, delete that quick, but you're right, not even /mlp/ likes it.

I will always miss my favorite Oracle for Hire.
At least he brought order to the know universe. Like we didn't all read it.

"But the trains ran on time" is not the best defense for DD.
It's easier to admit people liked the goofy humor.

And then it was all orc notrape and DBZ.

Devil's Advocate, Antoine being a bad guy was kind of shitty.

Oh you're not wrong there. Penders retconning it was the one good decision he's ever made. I'm just saying that it was a massive clusterfuck due in part to the infighting

It had funny covers.

It had some pretty interesting outside the box type setting if you know what I mean.

I'm not even joking.

Don't be ridiculous. Sonichu is like The Room in that it's got more soul and enjoyment in it than Civil War 2 or Forever Evil or every other comic book event. Criticizing it is stupid.

So basically the series hit such a low point that even the most ignorant among them realized how fucking stupid it was, and they got editorial to do their fucking job?

What was there old ass furry comic where one of the MC ends up having sex with a little girl?

Yes and no. They were barely aware of the comic before then, only stepping in to ask them to adapt SA1 and then only giving them the Japanese copy of the game to work from

But editorial is a different matter entirely. By this point the editor had finally switched from Justin Gabrie, who basically sat back and did whatever the fuck he wanted and let the writers go nuts, only stepping in to do editorials about Star Wars and occasionally write some inventory stories under the pseudonym of Romy Chacon, who is believed to be his wife. In his place came Mike Pellerito, who, realizing that the book was near cancellation, forced Penders (Bollers had left by then) to start including characters like Shadow and Metal Sonic extensively to drive up sales, as at the time, they were at the height of their populairty, and it worked

So ultimately it was a one two punch of Sega starting to care, and an editor doing their fucking job (And said editor even got Penders to throw a fit and leave, and he's the one that scouted Ian Flynn. The rest is history)

I have a feeling that is a question with more than one answer.

This is probably the worst thing to ever be associated with the Titans

MST3K Manos: the Hands of Fate.

Now it's a party.

Easy.

But Quesadilla will defend it.

>When Bendis gave the outline for this the other Marvel writers cheered and declared it to be epic

I will defend the Pied Piper part of this story, and only that.

What, you don't think that drugs made out of children is a good idea?

Villans for hire is pretty bad but it has some funny bad moments sprinkled in not so much with pic related

youtube.com/watch?v=ml9MWzF2bpQ

It's pretty close between the two, but Lobdell's run had one or two likeable characters, and at least the run didn't start with killing a legacy character for shits and giggles, so it just barely edges out Villains for Hire, and I do mean barely, because The Culling alone puts it around that level of shit

The Unfunnies.

Every singe post in this thread so far can be defended.

You all need to learn what real horror is.

Och, god. Aye, I remember't.

Clint was useful and Doom got punked, both of these pander to me and the comic was still irredeemable garbage.

Explicit content indeed.

Alright time to defend some of this stuff because I can.

A good idea on paper, and it had reasonable art. Not to mention that it did have some fun stuff with the tech based heroes trying to find out what to do.

It tried to tie the whole DC multiverse together and made everything feel connected. The stuff with the rouges was fun most of the time and it made Darksid feel like a threat to the whole DC universe instead of just a planet or two.

It had one of the most solid tie-in book line up of just about any event within the last 10 years if not longer. The trial of Hawkeye was great and only held back by the outcome being known ahead of time. Also, HydraCap being the evil mastermind behind everything was a wonderful twist.

It gave us back the Goblins and there is little that can be really called bad for 3 out of 4 issues. Also, it was a good idea when it was talked about souls that are sold for a good cause are less valuable since they can have the satisfaction of knowing they did what was needed.

There are times the villains win.

>Doom got punked
>good thing
Plebeian detected

>Also, HydraCap being the evil mastermind behind everything

Wait when was this revealed

This is indefensible.

I know nothing about this comic other than all the cheesecake covers. Was the hero in it a stripper or something?

You're better off not reading it. Just don't

In Cap's book.

You wouldn't guess the plot in a million years

>Wait when was this revealed
I Captain America's book, Spencer hijacked Bendis' event for his own event.

That was a good move. I really liked the whole, "I was going to sneak in here and kill this kid, and I could do it right now to stop him from letting everyone know what I'm planning, buuuuuut now Tony's here and fighting with the Inhumans. Eh, I'm just going to sneak out and let them fight." part.

Bendis is a team player, he intentionally made the event retarded to bolster hype for keikaku Steve.

Came into this thread to post this.

Why did you have to bring Forever Evil into this? Forever Evil is a good time. Mentioning it in the same sentence as Civil War II is really bumming me out.

keeped Superman, wolverine and cable in hearts and mind at a time when both marvel and dc were in slight decline.

Holy Terror and possibly All-Star Batman and Robin

The micro series?[spoiler/]

Shut your mouth asbar is goat

The Best part of this series is this specific issue. The whole fucking thing text, explaining how to submit ideas to an attempted reboot of the Marvel Epic line.

And Marvel made people pay for it.

Paying for instructions, the Bill Jemas way!