I'm about ten minutes into this, is the kid supposed to be the villain here?

I'm about ten minutes into this, is the kid supposed to be the villain here?

>I'm about ten minutes into this
You can stop. It is garbage.

Do you not possess the attention span to finish a short horror flick before posting about it on the internet?

kinda, keep watching

Not when one of the main characters is a screeching bipedal abortion.

Yes. The child goes into fits like this until he passes out. Every time he wakes up he's really the Babadook. Some of the time he is experiencing sleep paralysis.

Yes.
and is right.

Honestly, The Canal is like a budget version of The Babadook, and it's not great, but it's way better.

>do an excellent job establishing the kid as an ungrateful petulant screeching shit
>attempt to get you to feel sympathetic for him later

Yeah I don't think so movie

That kid needed a beating so bad, all I thought throughout the movie.

Dakota Fanning in War of the Worlds was still worse.

Wait so there's no beating in this whole movie?

>IF YOU'RE SO HUNGRY WHY DON'T YOU EAT SHIT
I know this is supposed to be a poignant moment because she's losing her shit and all, but that was kind of satisfying. When we see her in the book killing the kid I thought "Yes, please do that."

Is this your average Australian household?

If you're such a fag you don't finish a movie before posting about it on Sup Forums, then I have no qualms about spoiling it for you. Yes, he is. The babadook is a manifestation of the cognitive dissonance her desire to strangle him while still being his mother triggers. It's le ebin deep movie symbolically depicting Western mothers being oppressed victims because they can't murder their kids whenever they get a passing urge to. There, now please kill yourself.

not far off it.

Well it's been shit so far, so I'm not feeling too oppressed friendo.

Unironically yes.

As far as I remember there was only parental tolerance that drove the mom mad.

I muted after the upteenth tantrum.

Wrong. The Babadook is a representation of her grief over her dead husband. She can bottle it up and keep it out of sight, but she can never truly get rid of it.

I refuse to watch this movie just because of this little shit-eating kid, fuck Sup Forums for memeing this trash so hard

I marathoned it a few weeks back. It was ok.

I know it's hard to understand but the movie is trying to make you feel worn out and jaded at this kid. Like how his mother feels. Movies can be made to illicit emotion. Just because it's a negative emotion doesn't mean it's bad.

>didn't even get it anyway
off yourself

OP here, stopped watching it because it seems shit and I just wanted a good spooky Halloween movie, like a classic monster/supernatural movie, not some ebin film to illicit feefees or have some shit metaphor.

Anyway, anyone have any good recs?

Lol wut

Evil dead 2. If you want something new, the babysitter on Netflix is actually pretty fun.

I've seen Evil Dead 2, but I honestly might just watch it to wash out the taste of this shit.

Basket case.

the point is that you were that kid
if you don't relate to having been a little pain in the ass and driving your mom fucking crazy you're a normie

I'd rather be a normie than autistic.

i would fucking slap that little shit until my hand bled

BABA DOOOOOK DOOOOOOOOOK

Where do you think you are?

Honestly would have benefited more in my childhood development if I had a good beating now and then.

>Megazord roar

>films men will never understand

Seriously just the picture of this scene makes me want to stab this kid in the eye with a rolling pin

No one understands women like other women. And no one hates women like women.