Why didn't he like Lucas?

why didn't he like Lucas?

you know why

because Lucas is a NIGGER

He didn't want his step-sister dating a negro.
Billy's alright.

uhh, what? He literally never mentions skin color in the show

can someone answer me seriously or not?

He didn't want his little stepnephews to be black

was he /ourguy/

Bc he's a trash person and a dick, what more do you want?

Its because hes a nig dude. Surprised they even did that and didn't pretend like the 80s was as cucked as we are now.

It's not stated directly but it's heavily implied that he didn't like Max hanging out with him for that reason. He didn't target any of the other kids and there was no other reason for him to dislike him. Billy's a racist.

>he didn't say the N-word
>therefore he's not racist

Ah, the Fox News excuse. Clever.

I find it it odd that they didn't have any misgivings about Billy's dad calling him a faggot, but they were obviously very reticent about Billy's racism.

most queers are aggressive pervert rapists

There is purposely no mention of race. 11 didn't identify her sister as a different race. Her brother is a simple douche no more no less

But she did call him a stalker so that could be why

>There is purposely no mention of race
Except for the part where Lucas draws attention to the fact that he's black when they're arguing about who should dress up as Winston from Ghostbusters, right?

I like to think he probably was scripted to call him a nigger but the faggots making the show got too triggered by having a white guy say it

It all culminates to a showdown between Steve and her asshole brother

He's a rational human being who knows that race mixing is fucking disgusting. He knows his sister will probably get knocked up, domestically abused, and abandoned. It's simply how the blacks are.

They copied IT but forgot that Henry Bowers hates Mike because he's homeschooled. Seems like a weird blunder to make on the part of the Duffers.

It's a subtle hint but they don't want to be crossing the line or overly racist in this climate they want to be somewhat PC but the facts are there that it will be an issue

Was Billy /ourguy/?

>Character is portrayed as violent, irrational, and mean-spirited
>It's crossing the line to also make him overtly racist
I wasn't aware that it was inappropriate for antagonist characters to have antagonistic character traits.

Apart from the gay shit and the terrible haircut? Yes, absolutely.

Because he cares for his step sister and knows dating a black guy means trouble

Yeah, imagine seeing your little sister in an abandoned house with all those boys, one your age, and a nigger.

Woah it's like that thing that they do in the movies wehere something earlier in the movies becomes significant to the meaning of something more sublte later in the movies

>looking out for her
>douche
He did nothing wrong. And his sister nearly murders him by sticking a large syring into his neck; if it didn't pierce his artery or spinal cord, it could have still killed him by overdose with whatever chemical cocktail it contained.

lucas is a faggot anyway. they could completely write him and will out and nobody would give a shit.

Yeah, okay, but my point is only that there is in fact explicit mention of race, you dumb faggot.

>hick
>probably inbred
>refers to lucas as "guys like THAT"

he obviously hated him because he was black you retard

No, not really. Didn't have much of a reason to even exist in the show except be a shit to Max and Steve, and dressed up like a gay pirate for most of his appearances.

I unironically think Billy was the best part of S3.

Surprised they used the word faggot but not nigger.

I took it as he didn't want her hanging out with anyone. I dont even think he ever even saw her converse with anyone BUT Lucas, so saying he targeted him specifically doesnt have weight unless he saw her with other kids.

I agree. They could take Lucas out or just replace him and I wouldnt give a shit. Id be happy.

It would've been funny if someone had called him out for being racist and he was just like, "I don't give a shit that he's black, I just don't want her dating some scrawny little nerd."

He's probably going to end up reconciling with Max in the third season and start playing a more significant role by teaming up with the rest of the gang to fight some more supernatural shit, which is likely exactly why they didn't make him obviously racist, because it would be harder to justify pivoting him into an anti-hero if they had gone that far with his character in season 2.

HERE I AM

DUDE IF UR MEAN TO A BLACK PERSON UR AN EBUL RACISS N UR LIFE IS OVER

>hick
>from Cali

Nah Nigga, he grew up near Compton, he knows how niggers are. He knows the depravity of niggers and he doesn't want his step sister raped and made a single mother at 14.

They never specify which area of California he came from, and Lucas comes from a good family.

Steve and Billy are /ourchads/

>MUH based black guy meme

WHY IS THERE NO HOMAGE TO B-BOY BOBBY THE B?!?!?

>S3
How's 2019 treating you?

He didn't say nigger, because they'll reedem him and the audience wouldn't forgive him for being racist

The Duffer brothers said that Billy was created early on to be a human antagonist. Pretty much what Steve was gonna be before the character developed into something more

Given that there is a sympathetic angle to him if he went full blown hard R racist to the modern Cuck audience this would make him the most evil force in the show and would nullify any sympathetic qualities.

ROCK YOU LIKE A HURRICANE

There was literally NO point to Billy and Max being in the story. They contribute nothing of value.

Billy contributed his hot shirtless body, shamelessly displayed in every scene he was in.

WTF I FUCKING LOVE GAY HOLLYWOOD EXECS NOW !!!

Whoa there, you'd better hit the brakes on that one.

they rewrote Steve as soon as they realized just how likeable his actor was

After Billy first sees Max with Lucas, Max goes to the car and Billy says, paraphrasing here, "Max, I'm older than you and you learn that you don't get close with a certain type of people". Billy comes from California, so either he's from the rural part and he learned racism through his dad, or he's from the city and the diversity made him dislike "certain types of people".

>and dressed up like a gay pirate for most of his appearances.
that was the Glam Rock fashion back in the 80s kid
you wil look gay to kids of 2060 too.

Black crime back then wasn't as bad as it is today though.

max gave eleven an excuse to run away

What sympathetic angle is that, fag?

>h-his dad is mean and there was a divorce ._.

That doesn't make him a sympathetic character

At least Billy is /ourguy/

it was worse actually, youngling

>closeted homo, justifiably beat by his father for being a degenerate
>takes his frustrations out on others instead of bettering himself like a true beta
Your guy maybe, but not /ourguy/

there are TONS of hicks in california dude.

Eleven acted like a douchebag.
Worst case: she saw Max and Mike and bolted angry.
>But she knew it was for the better to step away and let Mike move on.
Eleven gives Max the cold shoulder when she introduces herself.

>2060
implying Humanity wont go extinct before then

>El-Mike-Max love triangle
make it happen

Gotta have cheap drama

The human antagonist should have been a PI Barbara's parent hired

>setting character as a detective and conspiracy theorist
>basically shows detective board
>couple of cheesy lines
>the end
they could've use his character better

this show became USA Network tier garbage desu. nothing anyone does in the show makes any sense, there's no real danger or fear involved, the acting is overwrought and melodramatic. everything is done in the cheapest, most generic and broad way possible.

oh but muh 80s nostalgia so i guess all that's fine.

You can understand what he is going through, but he is too unlikeable to be redeemed. I don't think they can write a cougar antagonist so Billy can be useful next season, so either he doesn't come up in next season, or the whole family is written off, a pity because the qt ginger >>>> Eleven.

It really bothers me that both this and IT shyed away from stating it plainly that it was racist. Call him a faggot sure, but suddenly nobody said nigger or any other slur in the 80s? It's just dishonest.

Do you think if i get a netflix series i could have my very own halfcast sister introduced for no apparent reason

wrong

Dude, the PI they hired was the kike who liquored Nance and Jon up to fuck.

I think the subtlety prevents a full blown Sup Forums chimpout
The situation here is already awful there are dozens of absolutely non Sup Forums related shithreads

>t. an individual whomst has difficulty picking up on social cues

fucker kinda deserved it t.bh

>wondering why this picture is familiar to me like I've seen it many times before

>realize I was thinking of this picture

Because he's typical white trash from a shitty home and Lucas comes from a nice suburban more wealthy nuclear family.

This. The word nigger was probably in the original script but was censored by Levy and Cohen.

How else would they have forced in an interracial relationship?

>Henry Bowers hates Mike because he's homeschooled
not even fucking close

I didn't say he was fully sympathetic, just that there is an angle they're playing with Billy. He would be sympathetic under other circumstances but he's such an asshole it hard to put yourself in his shoes.
I really hope he goes though a halfway of Steves arc, not totally redeemed into nice guy season 1 Steve but more of an aloof ally type character who remains Chad throughout the whole show.

>little sister is chasing the BBC
Of course he wouldn't like the brown guy.

The 70s and 80s were a rough time for crime in California, way worse than it is today

Assuming they weren’t from Orange County or some other rural conservative county, Blacks would have been considered dangerous in Big Cities like LA and San Fran by a lot of Whites

Is this first time in tv history when Chad lost?

>friendly advice for a rival
>gay

thanks jews

Yes. And I hope S3 will have some Billy&Steve: Monster Hunters episodes

Crime rates are at all time lows. There was a crime wave from the 70s to the early 90s.

Im actually fairly happy that they didnt SPELL IT OUT with Billy hating Lucas.

You can guess its cause he is black but they showed some restraint by not going like "he is a fucking ape" or something like that.

Knowing the Duffer brotheros i was expecting some over the top speech to drive the point home.

Because he was in love with Max himself and was jealous of Lucas. Look back on Steve's talk about acting like you don't care to a woman to get them to like you, Billy did this in spades with Max. Max also goes out of his way to not call her his sister or even family most of the time, probably to convince himself it won't be incestuous. Billy is just craving some sweet virgin ginger pussy.

>> Billy is just craving some sweet virgin ginger pussy.

Arent we all?

Amen

>best chad.

Now post her thick feminine penis.

Him and Billy are tied for best chads

dude's hot as fuck with a mullet for some reason

You could also view it like he just did not want to bother to deal with his sister at all. So if she is home and alone then it's the least amount of effort for him to deal with it. If she is being pestered by some guy then shit happens like she sneaks out and he had run around town trying to find her etc.

It's not like Lucas liked anyone in that middle no where town. You also need conflict to drive a story. If he was the happy love everyone guy it's a shitty story. Now for Season 3 he can be an even bigger asshole.

that's literally all I'm asking for

>Billy
>in love with a girl
pick one