Image Week Storytime: Cyberforce

25 years ago a bunch of Marvel artists left the Big Two and decided to form their company, with blackjack and hookers. This company would eventually become the closest to a third competitor for DC and Marvel (lol) and the best known creator-owned comic book company out there.

This week and maybe the next one I'll be posting some of Image's first series and maybe some of their recent hits as well.

So strap in, 'cause you're in for a trip down memory lane.

Next up is what happens when you give free reign to one of the X-Men visionarios, Marc Silvestri's Cyberforce

Spawn:
Youngblood:
WildC.A.T.s:
Savage Dragon:

I don't think this ever had an animated series, so...

Yo, anybody reading?

I think of ALL the Image Teams, Cyberforce is the least subtle knock off of the X-Men.

One or two of the characters are OCs (Velocity, maybe Ripclaw, possibly Ballistic), but everyone else is a Reskinned X-Character.

Yeah, it's pretty bad. I can't believe this is what Silvestri wanted to do on his own, reminds me of Byrne's Next Men.

Also, Ripclaw is totally not-Wolverine, c'mon.

I am here for Best Girl, and pointing out obvious X-Reskins.

The thing is, I waifufag Velocity so hard I really don't much care. Which is lame as hell I know, but I don't give a damn. Most of what I've read is from her PoV anyway.

Cool, cool.

Yeah but he has a completely different look and attitude than Wolverine. He's cool headed and a bit stereo-typically mystical. Which is kind of fucked, but it's enough to keep him from being an obvious reskin like say Cyblade.

We've all been there.

Cyblade is the worst haha, I'm pretty sure Silvestri waifu'd Psylocke so bad he wanted one of his own.

I was reading when this came out. Ripclaw is easily the necessary Wolverine analog that needed to be included in every team book since he was huge at the time. We're talking Cougar (Youngblood), Warblade (WildCATS), etc.

Yeah you need one small rippy guy, and you needed on big bruiser guy.

I'll be straight though, I get more of an Avengers vibe from Youngblood.

They were actually based on a rejected Teen Titans pitch by Liefeld, according to him.

So, is this supposed to be in the same Universe as Savage Dragon?

Back in the early days of Image the founders sorta tried to push for a shared Image universe, but it never went anywhere.

I get the feeling Silvestri had a bit too much fun writing Splitzkrieg.

How'd a conjoined twin have two different accents anyway?

Yeah, kind of sad, but the teams have too similar premises (and team lineups!) to really bounce off eachother crossover wise.

>Westchester

Swear to god, just once I'd like a Superhero comic to take place in St. Louis, Milwaukee or somewhere that's not jizzguzzling New fucking York.

B-but user
muh X-Men

This is not just an X-Men Gripe (even if it taking in the part of New york as the X-Men is fucking dicks), NYC is overplayed. Superheroes were invented in a great big, wide fucking continent with dozens of large scale cities on it, but it always comes back to the city of people who've had their manners surgically removed.

To be fair, it's mostly a Marvel meme.

Velocity realizes she's just been kidnapped from her kidnappers.

Credit where it's due, I dont think I've seen a superteam Dustup (..which could be an okay name for an Early Image character) feature two belligerents of it apologizing to each other for the mix up.

Mother May I, with the superpower to make you think she's your mother.

So is her weakness Orphans and kids who hated their mum?

>Giant guy with a Deerlike head
>Warbuk

Ocelot?!