False Flagging: Sometimes A Contact Sport

You guys might have heard of the 'boycott Marvel' proposition some people were kicking around. As usual, there's more to it than it lets on.

I'm very sorry to let everyone down but my uncle isn't Marvel, but I am at a position where I DO know some shit. And unfortunately it's not like you can take to Twitter when you do know some crap so you can promptly lose your job for spilling the beans, but this is quite sordid.

It's all a deliberate ploy from writers and some 'fans' alike (in this case just because they could write for Bleeding Cool). Ms. Marvel has landed in the cancellation numbers, and while it's not any secret Marvel keeps pushing failing titles for good press, this is the straw that broke the camel's back.

The book isn't in danger of outright impending cancellation, but its low numbers already lets the powers that be know it's not looking good. Whatever you want to cut it as - event fatigue, oversaturation, you name it - they care about the bottomline, and it's way too much to handle with Hellcat, Squirrel Girl, Moongirl, and now this, which sold enough to keep its own afloat until now. Captain Marvel's still looked at as a short term investment, so that's the one tanking sales they'll gladly take.

So the thing is: the failing books are going to get some issues to be able to wrap their plotlines not to make a cancellation look so obvious, and Ms. Marvel is headed for the same fate since failing sales seldom recover. The other books mentioned in the boycott sell enough and everybody knows Miles Morales isn't going anywhere soon. This naturally displeases the creative team, which took to contacting the fans and saying they want to boycott Perlmutter over Trump to have plausible deniability and claim Perlmutter had knowledge of the boycott and thus decided to harm fans directly.

>my uncles is not the marvels
>I am the marvels

so, lest say you are saying the truth, you are telling me that Ms Marvel is on its last legs ? man i feel sorry for Kamala but i guess its what happens when you are pushed everywhere and written like shit by everyone that its not your main writer

tl;dr

I guess that's what happens when they put you in a shitty team and assassinate your character

If they want to boost sales they should have Kamala leave Islam. *That* would get people buying issues once the shit hit the fan.

sortof, any creative team does get the memo when it hits those numbers. if it bounces back up it'll not be a problem, but that's rare.

the last paragraph should do.

I don't care

>I will become one with the marvels, embracing the neverending quips

Okay, I'll bite. Let's pretend I buy any of this... all I want to know is--
- Is this the end of Unbeatable Squirrel Girl?
- Are Gwen Pool and Spider Gwen in the same boat?
- How is it that the OC of Marvel's Director of Content Development and SJW poster girl can head to the chopping block but Bendis' pet spider boy is somehow untouchable?

They barely talk about Islam in her book.

not OP but presumably same reason Bendis gets the big events

Being Perlmutter fuck pillow?

Missing the point. Outrage moves titles. Even if it's a fake out for one trade.

that, and they seem to still believe he's a rockstar writer, I mean aren't they doing some Best of Bendis nonsense soon?

Brevity. Wit.

>- Is this the end of Unbeatable Squirrel Girl?
all books that are lagging heavily will have enough issues to wrap up their stories, at least when they're bombing this hard.

>- Are Gwen Pool and Spider Gwen in the same boat?
can't say I know enough of the sales of these because they weren't brought up as part of the whole boycott deal (which was miles, x-23 and kamala. kamala's the one with the worst sales)

>- How is it that the OC of Marvel's Director of Content Development and SJW poster girl can head to the chopping block but Bendis' pet spider boy is somehow untouchable?
bendis' stuff sells, that's the biggest difference. they can keep things running at a loss for a while, but it's one book too many with this. and as they have franchised her around well enough, they can try to shop creative team to ensemble books though her monthly would go down the drain because it's not expected to do better from now on.

people'll gladly let it go to chopping block if they can score it as a blow against perlmutter as well.

So it's time for Marvel to start hiring Cho to draw Gwenpool covers?
They'll do it, you know.... they're quite mad.

A colon would fit better.

Extra meta. Gwenpool sees the extra cheescake in the book and panics and thinks her book might be canceled.

>Bendis' pet spider boy is somehow untouchable?
>Bendis
You answered your own question.

>part of the whole boycott deal (which was miles, x-23 and kamala
Why boycott only three titles if you can boycott everything?

Who is boycotting whom? This situation confuses me.

I feel bad for MM, her first run was incredible. Getting shoehorned in all kinds of shit just like every other character fucked her over hard.

Are you a Marvel writer?
Because I keep reading your posts but I'm still very confused what you're on about.

The intros with Alphona are still great.

OP is Quesada himself.

these three titles is what the boycott organizers say they 'couldn't afford to lose'. that's what they want to "weaponize" if ms. marvel getting canceled saying it was BECAUSE of the boycott and not the flagging sales, lumping it in the same boat with fantastic four because of perlmutter's autism.

no, but close enough where I work to be able to verify overshipping and know one thing or another.

>>OP claims Kamala Khan is doomed to cancelation.
>>The same Kamala who had a lot of buzz and is in cartoons and video games.
>>Meanwhile, Squirrel Girl and Hellcat tank in sales
>>Carol Danvers rebooted 5 or more times since she became Captain.
>>Rocket Raccoon getting a 4th series since the film debut.
>>The abysmal Inhumans push

I don't believe it because there is no reason for Marvel to kill a golden goose and keep so many other turds in production. If Ms. Marvel is gone, then that's a huge blow to readership, something Marvel doesn't have much of these days.

I'd argue that the bigger problem is that where Ms. Marvel was once a novel book because it was different than the rest of what Marvel was putting out, now it's basically the "norm" with a dozen or more other books that are basically just doing what Ms. Marvel did but worse (or in a couple cases, slightly better). Over-saturating the market and all that.

One plucky teen waifubait legacy character with "modern" sensibilities and a dash of liberal progressivism will draw in the crowd that wants that, which while not a particularly massive crowd is certainly large enough to keep one book afloat. But when you make a dozen books like that and are constantly releasing even MORE of them, then at best you're dividing the people that like that type of book too much for them to buy all of them and some have to give, and at worst, you make people sick of it and what was once novel and interesting becomes business as usual.

It also doesn't help that, yeah, her character has kinda gone to shit thanks to stuff like Champions turning her into a mouth-piece for Waid's horrible attempts at pandering to "kids these days" and throwing her onto the Avengers and making derailing her book with CWII shit hurt the book's quality. Ms. Marvel was one of my favorite Marvel books through it's first volume, but at this point, I don't even care enough to read the storytimes. I'll probably go back and read it all if/when it gets cancelled, but they've really shot their golden goose with how its been mishandled lately.

This seems like a really retarded conspiracy.

there are fewer better ways to 'cut your losses' in case of a cancellation than "progressive muslim heroine cancelled because of ties to donald trump" instead of "flagging sales end promising teenage super hero".

>Who is boycotting whom?
There's currently a "boycott" that the tumblr-types are trying to organize because of Perlmutter's support of Trump. In the mandate, they specified a small handful of books not to boycott because their creative teams' hard work to spread progressive blah blah blah shouldn't be hurt just because of Perlmutter since that would be counter-intuitive.

According to OP, that boycott was actually a false-flag operation being done by those books' creative teams so when they get cancelled, they can have people point to the boycott and go "they were cancelled because Perlmutter got pissy over the boycott and so he cancelled them out of spite!" to cover up the fact that they're, according to OP, being cancelled because of low sales.

Which is all pretty stupid on multiple levels, so take it with a grain of salt.

If I understood correctly, Marvel is trying to push the boycott in a way that improves Ms. Marvel and other books sales ("Guys, let's boycott Marvel but support their progressive titles, like Ms. Marvel!"), because right now their sales are shit.

If it doesn't work and the sales don't go up, then Marvel can cancel these books and blame the boycott without taking any responsibility.

Again, sounds really retarded to launch a boycott just for that.

yep.

that's the state of comic book politics. sad isn't it?

Ms Marvel's had the same writer it's entire run

Problem is that the a sizable chunk of Kamala's readership, if not the outright majority, doesn't give a flying fuck about cape books or comics in general and they're reading just for Kamala. That worked when Kamala was playing the self contained underdog role with a some guest stars here and there, but less so after she started getting pushed into everything. She's definitely a character that has suffered from event/x-over fatigue and overexposure, and it really isn't helping when outside of her own book she's always being used as a mouthpiece for whatever socjus issue the writers wants to push that month.

Just look at her in Champions (actually, don't. It's shit.) She's just a naggy, no-fun-zone in that book.

>One plucky teen waifubait legacy character with "modern" sensibilities and a dash of liberal progressivism will draw in the crowd that wants that, which while not a particularly massive crowd is certainly large enough to keep one book afloat.

The best part of MM was that the run was tight and well written regardless of your political opinion. I'm pretty right-wing and I still loved the series because it didn't focus much on identity politics and all that, just the life of a girl with her background that was written in a way that was compelling.
I also have a paki ex girlfriend whom I still deeply care for and I recognized a lot of what told me of her family life in the book, which made it a more personally gratifying to read, so I may be biased.
Alright, this clarifies the OP quite a bit. Weird conspiracy, but I wouldn't put it past the dumbass lefties that currently write for Marvel.

More like that's the state of lazy attempts at "Marvel Insider" threads.

I WANT TO KISS KAMALA!

unfortunately, the stupidity of a fact doesn't undermine whether it is real or not.

You'd have a point if she wasn't a big part of Waid's ANADvengers/Champions run.

first i think this is all bullshit and fanfic BUT
it doesn't seem like an actual boycott instead just the appearance of one to cover their asses for bad sales and the eventual cancellation

More like it's the state of bullshit.
Only thing you've brought to argue it are conjectures.

yeah, blowing one's own cover in internet forums to prove a point has never gone badly has it

I don't get it. You're saying that Marvel writers are trying to get people to boycott everything that isn't Marvel comics to spite Ike and protect the minority characters?

Actually, yes it does.
If I tell you Vlad Putin plans on nuking Tokyo because he hates anime, the stupidity of the statement is a good indicator of its falsehood.

Don't samefag, your posting pattern is too recognizable.

Because that's not a fact, to begin with.

my only other post was about kamala having GWW as her lead writer her entire existence

Nobody asked you to post your name, just something more substantial than pure conjecture that could be made up by literally anyone.

>false flagging by claiming a false flag

That's a neat trick.

No, he's saying that Marvel writers are trying to make it look like "fans" are boycotting Marvel because of Perlmutter being a Trump supporter so that when the "SJW" Marvel books get cancelled, they can blame it on Perlmutter being petty and vindictive. Which is an extremely stupid claim to make in its own right because it's roundabout logic that all hinges on a whole lotta assumptions.

How am I supposed to know whether what you're saying is fact, tardo?
As is all I have to judge it is the stupidity of the premise.

Actually, I work in the Kremlin, and can confirm that Russia hates anime. If one more moe-blob anime gets released that waifu-ifize Russia then there's a very high chance that he'd, at the very least, begin imposing sanctions against Japan. Depending on how things go with Trump, the nuclear option isn't off the table.

so the Ms. Marvel book is losing sales from her appearances in other books? And not its declining quality?

Interesting.

Putin*

Alright.
Enough of this bullshit.
Someone get Felipe Smith in here and lets actually get to the bottom of all this...

Yes, I do believe Marvel employees would say "absolutely, we want to fuck our higher up" if asked.

Yeah, I don't see how Kamalafags can convince themselves of this.

"Kamala's solo is great, but she is so shit in Champions that I have to stop to read her solo book".

Okay, very logic.

They can't admit that her solo is part of the problem for over a year already.

>Yes, I do believe Marvel employees would say "absolutely, we want to fuck our higher up" if asked.
Yes, that's what OP would have us believe.

Ms. Marvel and the girl comics are the straw that broke the camels back, not Fantastic Four, not the X-Men....

total BS.

So the cops knew that internal affairs were setting them up?

You know if this is true the real stroke of genius here was hiring an intern so retarded that, even if they spilled the beans, they would do it in such an inarticulate manner that nobody would believe them.

And where are they publicly saying that

Can't say anything in this thread is believable; but Jesus, if you expect people in a company to flatout say something they're allegedly doing behind the scenes, that's fucking amazing.

>close enough where I work to be able to verify overshipping and know one thing or another.
Can you confirm that Marvel have ramped up the overshipping recently simply so DC doesn't appear to "win" in the charts?

no, Ms. Marvel is losing sales because that's how capeshit works

ANYONE's really hardpressed to see any other reason. but if even multiple comic shop owners have confirmed and been given platforms in larger sites to say as much I guess I shouldn't be surprised Sup Forums can't even believe something as out in the open as that. let alone this.

>if you expect people in a company to flatout say something they're allegedly doing behind the scenes, that's fucking amazing.
I don't have to expect it. All I gotta do is scroll through ye olde Twitter dashboard long enough and one of those unstable fools will tell on themselves mid-hissyfit.

>ANYONE's really hardpressed to see any other reason
You severely underestimate Marveldrones.
>t-they're just doing it so stores will try harder to sell them and hopefully get readers hooked
>it's advertising for the books because stores will line their shelves with them

user, you don't need to be a "Marvel Insider" to know that user. Though I'm sure part of it is also that they genuinely believe LCSes are under-ordering certain books because they think there'll end up being more demand on the consumer side than retailers are giving them credit for. Remember that Tom King's Vision was also overshipped and had they not overshipped Nova, its first issue would have only sold 30k copies.

I dont follow comics. Who the fuck is that in the op? Last I saw, this was captain marvel, and I really liked this captain marvel.

>simply so DC doesn't appear to "win" in the charts?

i never thought about it but it's really stupid to think they give a shit about that. if they're making money they're happy

>I dont follow comics.
The only way to really like this Captain Marvel.

Did it not go well? I remember reading the first issue when someone dumped it here and it was cool. Also her dyke hair makes my dick wiggle.

Marvel user, do you think that marvel is going to go back to classic heroes instead of these new diverse ones, because while i enjoy some of them i think they over did it by doing a complete overhaul. They shouldve kept some heros, at least the ones that'll bring money in sobthat some of these diverse heros can stay alive, because to be honest i do like the new characters because thry can give marvel a chance to do new story lines instead of redoing storylines that weve come to know with our classic heroes

Ms. Marvel got promoted to Capitan after DC decided to call Billy Batson Shazam.
So they made a 2nd generation muslim immigrant girl an inhuman and let her be Ms. Marvel.

She's actually popular because they gave her a personality that doesn't revolve around her race and gender.

see

OP is MS Marvel, you're posting CAPTAIN marvel, they even differentiate them in the OP.

This isn't hard FFS

Marvel has shown its ego and insecurity on that matter enough for me to doubt you

I doubt it. I'm not really privy to much of that either, just got word from the whole boycott organization deal, but from what most of the people in our circle know, going from comic shops to some acquaintances in the big two, marvel's had its head up its ass far too long now. dc would've retconned something like sins past three times over at this point, but they like to say they don't do reboots and don't throw anything out.

they might be forced to downsize some of their more blatant pushes for diversity and pissing off straight white males but they're not doing a "rebirth" of sorts anytime soon.

I got it now. Ms. Marvel is the female counterpart to Captain Marvel, who is now also female. That's really stupid.

More like her Teen Titans counterpart.

i rather they cancel her solo and relaunch again later. the Civil War 2 tie-in and the election issue completely annihilated the book beyond recovery. there should have been 1 filler issue for CW2 and that's it, but the supporting cast was entirely wiped out and there's no way to recover.

>Captain Marvel, who is now also female
Captain Marvels have always cycled between male and female, and there have been an equal number of female Captain Marvels as male Captain Marvels.

>Mar-Vell: Male
>Monica Rambeau: Female
>Genis-Vell: Male
>Phyla-Vell: Female
>Noh-Varr: Male
>Carol Danvers: Female

>Did it not go well?
Ehhh, there's been some good and some bad, but it's mostly veered on the bad side.
>KSD's run: really bad, sours a lot of people on the character
>ANAD run: pretty good, finally looks like Carol has a good ongoing again
>ongoing gets derailed by the absolute fucking disaster that was Civil War II, a comic so bad that it ruined everything it touched and it touched a whole lotta Carol
>good run gets cancelled thanks to CWII
>relaunched again, new run has a decent #0 issue which is then followed up by a pretty bad #1
So, yeah, it hasn't been a great time for Carol. Despite consistently having an ongoing in some form going since becoming Captain Marvel 4-5 years ago, she's only gotten around 11-12 genuinely good issues in that time.

I'd bet investors would be spooked if Marvel's rival surprassed them in marketshare doing virtually the exact opposite of what Marvel is doing.

I think that's a good example of how Marvel needs to keep its books separate, so they can grow organically. The beginning of Ms. Marvel was nicely focused on Kamala learning to be a hero in the modern age. Given enough time to mature, she could have been a great and long-lasting character.

But then Marvel decided to be retarded, and killed the character.

Civil War Dos derailed her main book pretty badly, and new readers exposed to her character in other garbage comics will think that those are the normal characterizations for Kamala and won't bother reading her main title.

>Captain Marvel
>a short term investment
what sort of fucking payout are they expecting here, I can't think of any way that they could possibly sell this shit

Why Felipe Smith specifically?

he's the only Marvel guy to actually post under his real name.

>build up a back catalogue of Captain Marvel (Carol) trades
>sell those trades once her movie comes out

Like on this board?

Kamala's book was never good to begin with and it's only gotten worse, nothing of value will be lost.

I wasn't even aware #BoycottMarvel was a thing.
Like, I saw a few Tweets about it, but I didn't think it had any actual steam.

OP is from Sup Forums and doesn't read comics yet wants to be outraged over them so he's literally just making up shit and rambling.

When did a comic ever use cheesecake as a last resort for her to refrence that?

Then you get lefty infighting from atheists who'll feel vindicated and muslims who feel like marvel is telling them their religion is shit

That's complicated as fuck and seems pointless