Samurai Jack premiering 3/11 at 11 PM

The curse is over, [as] is betting hard on Jack getting enough momentum to do better than McFarlane.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=x6zFGio6kRg
youtu.be/QKD6Pp0yqx0
youtube.com/watch?v=HvrY8e19-04
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I don't think Action Cartoons will ever thrive again.

Who cares? Adult Swim clearly likes them enough to keep funding them.

>inb4 it ends up sucking

the problem is even if they did, we would know there was nothing guaranteeing they'd last. if the 90s renaissance didn't bring back quality animation, nothing will.
i can't enjoy things knowing they'll inevitably be gone.

BIRD UP
WHERE MY MULLATOS AT?

It's time to brace ourselves for potential extreme disappointment.
List everything that could possibly ruin it.

Starters list to get things rolling.
>Aku's new actor is terrible
>new female stonk better than Jack
>dub step

Samurai Jack has God-tier art, sound, and animation. I would be devastated if even one of those was subpar.

I'm not particularly worried about that, though, since Tartakovsky always seems to have those things in his work

youtube.com/watch?v=x6zFGio6kRg

JACK'S
BACK!!
youtu.be/QKD6Pp0yqx0

Holy shit that's my birthday!

>Everything that happened to Xiaolin Showdown when they made Xiaolin Chronicles.

So what will the bittersweet ending be? Jack can't go back to the past? He can go back to the past but he is so unlike his countrymen now they exile him to wander the world?

youtube.com/watch?v=HvrY8e19-04

better link

that movie sucked and was an awful adaptation, but just that intro made watching it worthwhile

This and Karl Urban are the only parts of the movie I liked.

Tartakovsky does fantastic work. His Clone Wars series was also really good.

Holy. God forbid it

Why do they keep teasing us? Just release an actual trailer.

Is this a sequel or a completely new series?
I've only watched like 5 episodes of Samurai Jack, if I know the premise will it be ok?

A continuation, IIRC it's set years after the end of Season 4. Odds are they'll have cameos of some recurring characters (Scotsman, at least), but most SJ episodes are self contained.

If you don't want to watch more past episodes, you should still be okay.

Adult Swim does not conform to your outdated promotional ideals.

they really wanna build it to a fever pitch

Why americans like this dud? i don't understand

So do we know who's doing the animation? Will it be the same style as the original series?

Tartakovsky is in charge, so the animation should still be really good.

Its ten episodes long, trailer could reveal a lot.

they won't

honestly I think its a risk reward problem, action cartoons are both more closely to make and easier to screw up than random comedies like TTGO and even more hybrid shows that have both action and comedy episodes like AT or SU

also funding is a problem, because no one ever claimed Symbonic Titan was a bad show, all its problems had to do with toy contracts, it doesn't matter if the studio wants to make shows like this and people wanna watch shows like this if the numbers don't actually add up to fund it

O B S E S S E D

The numbers don't add up because networks continually shunt around and mistreat action shows, then are surprised that said action shows don't do well in the ratings.

Jesus.
Please no.

It's cool

it's about time. but this time, there are no limits.
>jack can finally kill other humans instead of robots, now gendy can use blood instead of oil
>the entire season will have continuity and the relationships between people like the Scotsman can be more developed
>Jack can sex up some ladies

there is absolutely no way this will be disappointing. fuck all you faggots who say otherwise.

>one season
>ten episodes
>"betting hard"
No dude, no. They're banking on DVD sales and that's that.

Why would they bank on home video sales when CN is abysmal at getting them out? Black Dynamite didn't get a dvd release for 2 years.

It's the same business model as Venture Bros. The ad revenue is enough to get the show on the air, and all the profits are in DVDs and merch.

He realises all the people he's saved and friends made will all be wiped from existence if he travels back, and instead chooses to stay, giving his final goodbye to his parents and finally defeating Aku in the future.

I see that kinda ending being about realising that bad things happen, but you can always build a better future with new people regardless. The bittersweet part would be that Aku never actually dies. Jack accepts the bad with the good, and allows evil to exist.

fuckin pretentious but yeah

I never watched it. Someone summarize how bad it was and what were the reasons?

>Samurai Jack has God-tier art
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

so you can't enjoy your existence at all?

grimdark edge-core sabotage and assassination of jacks character.
It may try to be mature and connect to an older audience instead of being mature and not a caricature of what they assume older people like.
I'm expecting maximum angst, murder-hobo jack.
I want to be wrong but sometimes things need to die on a good note and be forever good in our memories.

Was thinking the same thing. Blows my mind how people can obsess with potential loss. Spoilers: Everything dies, everything ends, either enjoy it or suffer but no matter what: everything will die. You will die.