>oppose humanities right to rule the whole galaxy

i don't know what's wrong with you

some of them are based. my wifes daughter is dating one

t. insect

>killed innocents by dropping meteor on them
>believing those lies

t. sky marshal merkel

Literally every single fan of the movie with half a brain knows that the meteorite was dropped on Earth by the militaristic government in a false flag in order to justify a war on the bugs because the only way to hold a fascist society together is to unite it against a single enemy.

Oh, I am sorry, you honestly believe that a bunch of bugs are capable of launching a rock across the entire galaxy?

they were a fabricated enemy needed by the fascist government in order to perpetuate itself.

Sure...

fuck off you brainbug controlled, subversive coward of a civilian

It's literally the same thing Drump is doing with the Koreans right now. A false flag operation.

The bugs are mindless animals, the federation is creating the war with primitive animals to keep the public occupied, this is in reference to the film not the book before you faggots start crying

>oh, I am sorry, you honestly believe that a bunch of bugs are capable of launching a rock across the entire galaxy?

The bugs that can bring down spaceships with thei literal shit? Yeah

>Oh, I am sorry, you honestly believe that a bunch of bugs are capable of launching a rock across the entire galaxy?
they can shoot acid blobs into space that are strong enough to blow up space ships

>Oh, I am sorry, you honestly believe that a bunch of bugs are capable of launching a rock across the entire galaxy?

>Oh, I am sorry, you honestly believe that a bunch of bugs are capable of launching a fuckhuge plasmaball at escape velocity across the entire atmosphere?
youtube.com/watch?v=8Rx8_vjbXX4

Yes? How does this make them to shoot asteroid to earth?

its not really a stretch to think they've mastered some form of space flight

Stupid commie bug lover!

Remember Buenos Aires!!!!

If the civvies weren't in the city and enlisted instead they wouldn't have been there to get hit by it.

Ergo they deserved it for being civvies.

Well no, but it dosen't make any sense.

Also this is the distance: it would take some serious ass laser to make it happen.

>have brainbugs calculate trajectory
>have brainbugs controll several plasmabugs
>have plasmabugs aim at a certain asteroid, shoot it at the right spot with the right force
>wait several thousand years
>*laughs in insect*

GOOD BOYS!

they have space faring transporter bugs, yes.
They are fuckhuge living spaceships basically.

You mean to tell me that the military whent trough all the troble of straping rockets on a meteor to drop it into fucking Buenos Aires, you would think they woud at least use all that work to destroy someting that actually matters

Oh, you were not intelligent enough to understand that the Federation was purposefully destroying its ships and personnel in an intentionally botched first combat landing operation in order to justify greater funds for their war?

You DO realize that all of their ships could have flown in a manner in which they were not directly next to each other and purposefully flying directly into the incredibly slow-moving balls of very obvious plasma, right?

You couldn't possibly be this brain dumb.

>>killed innocents by dropping meteor on them

Klendathu was hundreds of light years away from earth. Are you implying that the meteors were launched millions of years ago? Stupid civilian

>you honestly believe that a bunch of sand niggers are capable of crashing two planes into buildings in one of the most heavily monitored air spaces on the planet with fighter jets on stand by

So what you're trying to say is that the Jews did 9/11?

take off your tinfoil hat. It was bugs

Buenos Aires looked very white in the movie, it probably did have value

>Was the meteor launched by the humans themselves

If you only consider (the lore) of the first movie: probably yes
If you consider (the lore) of the other movies:
probably no

Because they're really fucking stupid if you've read the original novel.

That goes for the entire movie, though

JEWS DID BUENOS AIRES!
ARGENTINA PRIME TARGET FULL OF NAZI SYMPATHIZERS

God are you one of those autists I always see in the BR2049 threads that always over analyse everything because they just discovered this board?

It was very clear the bugs had those capabilities, hence they were so adept at colonising the galaxy. However humans provoked them and thus their retaliation.

Also lmao, the film had nothing, NOTHING to do with fascism lmfao

You don't really get the point of a falseflag to start a war, do you? A key point is not to cripple your subsequent war effort.

So is the book worth reading?

yes
book>movie (altough the movie is more entertaining)

To this day this scene is one of most well crafted explosion in any movie ever.
The edit, the cuts, the setup, the pay off it's all absolutely impeccable 20 years later

I miss Verhoeven's scifi T_T

To be fair, the Koreans are also filthy hivemind insect people.

But unless the false flag it's important enough to rile up the population you will end up being opposed by bug sympathisers (like the ones in this tread)

Destroy BS.AS, nothing of value is lost and literally no one cares to go to war

I bet you think a gang of goat fuckers armed with box cutters brought down the towers too

That looks actually pretty good

>WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW MORE?

yes

yes

>mfw traitors of mars

Definitely not as good as the previous animated one, the storyline was even more retarded than usual. That sky marshal thought she was playing idolmaster or someshit

Here's the two possibilities:

It was the bugs
>terrible fucking writing
>how the hell do they plan and execute that across the galaxy and thousands, maybe millions of years

It was the ebil fishist goberment
>Clearly have high level space traveling tech
>could probably easily maneuver an asteroid to hit earth
>easy way to keep the military industrial complex rolling while also reverting minds back towards conservative views
>also take out a clearly liberal area that is filled with "boomer-esque" people who think civil service is a joke (ie Ricos parents)

It could be either, and it's really up to the viewer to choose which one they want to believe. The first obviously makes the movie more campy and takes away from the plot. The second adds another layer of depth to a movie that is clearly mocking right wing, or even more to the point, any strong leaning political viewpoints.

DAILY REMINDER THAT KLENDATHU WAS AN INSIDE JOB. Klendathu was approximately 80,000 light years away, and even if the bugs somehow launched an asteroid on an extact collision course with earth it would have taken around 1 BILLION YEARS years to reach us, assuming the fastest observed asteroid speed on record

that means they launched the asteroid when the only form of life on the planet was algae

that's one of the most satisfying explosions i've ever seen

I clearly meant BUENOS AIRES WAS AN INSIDE JOB

Well you know considering they had a God that was the size of a planet and all he could do was think it's not that hard to see them being able to work trajectories out. They've also got to spread themselves across space somehow and we know they do that by launching spores and actually travelling inside asteroids (how they get inside one is a different matter.)
I think the real bastard is working out how they manage to achieve ftl speeds with the rocks unless the federation doesn't do ftl either, I can't remember

Maybe there's some sort of Wormhole bug...

Because without an enemy, military governments collapse

And what better enemy than a truly alien looking, hyper aggressive, gigantic killing machine that is too far away to invade and can replace massive numbers in no time at all?

The bugs dindu nuffin, but their very existence is perfect for that type of society. An eternal enemy.

no, no, you meant indeed "Klendathu was an inside job". A freudian slip maybe, but a true one.
You see the God bug simply grew bored with it's existence and wanted something to play with. He willingly plunged his whole worlds and races into war just so he could be entertained.
God did buenos aires as well as klendathu!

I thought he was bigger than that, occupied at least half the planets outer diameter.

>a truly alien looking, hyper aggressive, gigantic killing machine that is too far away to invade and can replace massive numbers in no time at all?

So what you're saying is that, hadn't the goverment false flagged buenos aires and pushed humanity into war, they would have been simply overrun by arachnids at some point?
Why did they make a faschist world goverment look so reasonable and likeable in this movie?

Hollywood will never make a movie this badass again.

A bug that thinks? Frankly I find that idea offensive.

/lit/ on /tv

What a dumpster fire of a thread. You faggots referring to the verhoven shitfest need to get rekt

fuck off to your cancer board then.

For the rerards among you:

Harry potter films =/= hp books
Lotr and hobbit films =/= the books
And anything by of all people robert bloody heinlein =/= some idealists' 'interpretation' of te same

Leard to read, fucksticks

No.

Why do people insist on thinking that some shitty knockoff of a sci fi masterwork is the definitive version. Tv does this too fucking much

>better effects than Thor Ragbarak

So the Bugs vs the Mimics
who wins?

>Why do people insist on thinking that some shitty knockoff of a sci fi masterwork is the definitive version
nobody claimed that it was you autist. We're nevertheless discussing the movie here. What's the problem with that?

>Lotr and hobbit films =/= the books
how does it feel to know that Sup Forums has regularly 100 times better LotR/silmarillion lore threads (hidden beneath all the cancer LotR threads) than every discussion /lit ever had about it?

/lit is a containment board for edgy elitists who for some reason assume that every board besides them is full of people who have never read a book in their whole lifes.

You're right. Anyone who disagrees with this is a fucking retard. First, it would take eons for that meteor to ever get to Earth. Second, it would also require calculations that are functionally impossible for those insects to make "brain bug" or otherwise. The brain bug would have to be so fucking smart, capable of such precise calculation and cognition, that the insect society wouldn't appear to be anything close to how it is. Third, a society capable of interplanetary travel and colonization on the scale of humans in that movie would have to somehow be incapable of detecting a large projectile on course to hit the Earth despite our much less advanced society currently having the capacity to do that.

what is a mimic?

That user is literally assblasted that the movie is good.
You would think he would be glad it was so unshitty

>how does it feel to know that Sup Forums has regularly 100 times better LotR/silmarillion lore threads (hidden beneath all the cancer LotR threads) than every discussion /lit ever had about it?
Since LotR is hot garbage and Tolkien a gimmicky hack pretty great.

The bugs literally dindu nuffin
It would have taken eons for them to reach humanity

That's sounds like something a brain bug would say.

t. edgy elitist

The bugs were only a threat because Earth Gov was just sending soldiers to the slaughter in a ground war instead of annihilating the planets with FTL-rockets and genetic warfare.

let me guess: the illiad (only if read in ancient greek of course) is a masterpiece, but LotR is just a incoherent shitshow from a talentless hack who cobbled together different myths into one mess

Most obvious fact that it was a false flag :

Earth had a Giant anti-metorite defense system installed around the moon, that was shown early in the film. Its was even shown that a metrorite was destroyed before reaching earth.
So it does give weight to anons theory that they let it happen to justify war with the bugs

>people STILL think that the comet was a false flag

You're all fucking retarded

CARMEN changed the ships course, meaning they were hit instead of seeing the comet go past them. The hit destroyed the communications dish, so they had no way to warn earth, whereas they could have done had they been on their original course

They literally had the chance to prevent the attack, but FLEET fucked it up, as always.

The Iliad only becomes good when put into its historical context.
Doing such a half-assed job at writing an epic two thousand years later with completely zero originality has no excuse.

reminder

>easy way to keep the military industrial complex rolling while also reverting minds back towards conservative views
in an age of space colonisation I don't think you need an alien threat to warrant having a large military

Imagine being this much of a pseud

always thought the blondie he got with was cuter

She definitely is nowadays

too bad about her pancake tits tho

please explain to me the historical context that makes it good, because when i read through it i was quite disappointed.
If it's just the fact that the acheans actually fought against the trojans on multiple occasions, then i'm still going to be disappointed.

The very beginning of the film takes place 1/3 into it. When the roughnecks land, you see the cameraman get killed again.

See you in church, citizen!

>please explain to me the historical context that makes it good
Do I really need to? It's an epic poem written in 850 BC, it was one of the firsts pieces of epic literature transcribed to written form in Western culture.

ah, i see. So you're arguing for "historic relevance makes it automatically good".
How does that not apply to LotR then? Is older always better? Is wide range influence over time the most important measurment for the quality of an artistic product?
Just because i can appreciate the role the iliad, odyssey, epic of gilgamesh... played for human/western (literary) history and culture, the specific books don't become good, because of it (i really enjoyed the odyssey though)

>ah, i see. So you're arguing for "historic relevance makes it automatically good".
No, i'm arguing for "you can't judge a work based on the 19th century the same way as one written almost 3000 years earlier".
You're dumb as hell if you think otherwise.

>"you can't judge a work based on the 19th century the same way as one written almost 3000 years earlier"

i agree with you there, but i don't get how that's relevant to your point of the iliad being good. If you say "it's good for a 3000 year old piece of work", ok. If you say "the iliad is good, because it's 3000 years old" then that's retarded.

Man, Starship Troopers 3 was so good in comparison to 2. It went right back to its roots even with the terrible budget.

ST3 was great

youtube.com/watch?v=KIsv1YOFNys

One is impossible, the other one improbable

Hi GRRM

Is this from the actual movie or is it a fanmade song?

related: youtube.com/watch?v=ThrVQKl04Ak
i fucking love this song and i unironically listen to it on a regular basis