It's an episode where geeks can't be athletes or vise versa

>It's an episode where geeks can't be athletes or vise versa

never thought I would see a butthole surfers reference on Sup Forums

I mean, it all boils down to whether or not you define a geek as a specific set of behavior or a social group

>smart kid uses math to be good at sports

>it's an episode where the popular kids act like complete assholes to the main characters
If they were assholes all the time then they wouldn't be popular. Maybe that's just an american thing but it was never like that when I went to highschool.

Why, fucker? You don't think nerds can have good taste in music?

>jock is best friends with the nerd and is always helpful and supportive

what do they know about love my friend

this is a bad trope. Sometimes it can work for some characters but a lot of people played video games AND sports growing up. I write short stories and poetry AND I study physics so I love math which is another terrible trope, that people are right or left brained so creative or logical.

popular kids are usually popular because they make fun of others. That's how they become popular, by stepping on others. what kind of school did you go to?

Americans run on a "might makes right" mentality

Interesting, those people were generally shunned and ostracized at my school

and before you ask, I went to a state-owned secondary school in the Slovak republic

>nerd rides around on jock's shoulders
>they form a symbiosis by covering each other's weaknesses
>they lose in the tournament anyway because they're not the main characters

>popular kids are usually popular because they make fun of others.
You're going to have to explain how that works. Making fun of others doesn't make you popular unless the other person is already generally loathed. If you make fun of everybody then you just piss everybody off.

basically, by pointing out other peoples flaws you put them down the social ladder. Others that don't want to be put down go to the seeminly powerful one. A lot of times they only get to join the 'cool' crowd if they are seen putting others down to show they can be powerful too. I grew up in a small Canadian town and that's how it was done here. There was a little head start from family wealth but after that social stratification it was all about bullying in order to make your social group the most powerful. Grade 5 had my best friend turn on me and put me down until he was allowed into the cool kid group. He was always the bottom of that crowd but he got to join it.

A jock picking up a nerd pastime and a nerd trying to get into a jock activity are two different things. Any jock can easily sit down and play MtG in-between football matches, but a nerd isn't just going to take their unathletic, stamina-lacking, practically atrophied overweight parody of a human body and not expect not to faint halfway through the first lap.

all I know is episoeds were nerd try and fails (but it's ok) but the bully always fucking manage to get a good score at his test. Fucking anti nerd bias.

>>they form a symbiosis by covering each other's weaknesses
Jocks have no weaknesses. Despite what fiction may try to tell you, jocks have above average intelligence while nerds below average.

>a nerd isn't just going to take their unathletic, stamina-lacking, practically atrophied overweight parody of a human body and not expect not to faint halfway through the first lap
Tell that to Vin Diesel

I thought we were talking about high school, not primary school.

When I was in high school, the captain of the football team was a burly and extremely sociable straight-A student who could recite any page of Harry Potter from memory if you gave him its number.

"Dumb jock" was invented by nerds who think in terms of D&D pointbuy systems.

maybe you just grew up in a bad school because it wasn't like that at all for me in middle america.

several of the people I seen that tried to join for the military were into stuff like tabletops and anime.

Being a nerd literally predicates on intelligence. Atleast the stereotype does.
Though the smartest guy I knew in High School was a weird quiet guy but he was also totally ripped and amazing athlete and had a cute Hapa gf.
He was crushing life.

all kids play on jungle gyms and stuff. And you have PE classes too, no excuse for not being in OK shape. I was in ok shape cause of growing up on a farm, I only started lifting weights and building muscle cause I was bored at school. As a teen it takes no time to get in shape, there is NO FUCKING EXCUSE.

It is actually harder to get smart than build your physical body. Getting smart, if you didn't study as a child and if your family didn't push reading, takes years of work to catch up to 'nerds'.

>what is trobed?

Of course, it's a class-based system, duh. And only shitty min-maxers try to multiclass.

Being a nerd simply means you're too deeply invested in something trivial to cringeworthy levels. Are we going to say that Sup Forums is smart?

I never played soccer with the other kids, always avoided physical activities when I could and PE classes amounted to one hour a week.

Some kids just prefer loafing around in their bedrooms, playing video games all day than moving their bodies.

Meanwhile, athletes are in general smart people by default. Coordination and endurance take more brainpower than what it seems, certainly more so than reciting the dialogue in all your favorite xckd strips.

Yeah that was a weird episode of Lloyd in space

>always avoided physical activities when I could
then you are just a lazy stupid basement dweller. Probably not even a real nerd either.

There was no division between jocks and nerds at my school. They were one and the same. Band geeks, newspaper and year book folks,and theatre kids were the most popular kids in school and the only cliques we had ran along extracurricular lines and just barely at that.

>Grade 5
This is key. This is how small children socialize. It's one of the main pieces of evidence for the theory that people are innately evil and that being civil to each other is a learned behavior. By high school it doesn't work this way.

It's such a dumb trope because school sports up until 10th grade or so are easy as shit. It's literally all down to effort since all kids fucking suck at sports it's just a matter of giving a fuck and keeping a certain fitness level (which isn't hard as a kid because you just gotta not be a fat fuck)

>tfw grew up hanging around 0 sports fans
>tfw grew up hanging around fans of typical nerd shit like vidya and anime and comics and shit

it is truly suffering and not at all an unfair stereotype

Greek Athletes can't get a Visa?
was there another international incident?

Sup Forums aren't nerds.

>Jocks leaders have no weaknesses

see i never got this cliche. my school never really had nerds and jocks and what have you; everyone was considered a nerd and some of them just happened to like sports.

well maybe it was different in my school and kids developed slower. I wouldn''t be surprised if that was the case of small backwater towns. and by small I mean a town of 500.

One of my friends is a super buff jock who wrestles everyday and his favorite subjects of discussion are Roman and Civil War-era warfare and Total War. Cartoons are bullshit.

That might be it. I went to a high school of 1500 kids and people just separate into their own groups and mostly don't give a shit about the others.

WHO RUN BARTERTOWN?

>boys vs girls episode
>boys drop 50 IQ points, become needlessly mean and all act completely out of character
>girls are the victims of their sexist remarks, rally together and fight to prove they're just as good as the boys at anything they do

THIS. SO MUCH THIS.

I think it depends on the school and the area surrounding it where the kids grew up in.

Are jocks really popular in most schools? In my highschool the jocks and cheerleaders were big targets for bullying and didn't have any friends outside of the team. Funny thing is was that they were decent folk and kept to themselves.

>tfw you will never be charismatic, smart, attractive and strong at the same time.

There was an episode in Degrassi where there was a school gaming team for a moba and all the girls threw a hissy fit and got the team shut down.
There was no discussion or compromise.
The kid who was really into it fit the stereotypical role of a gamer. Pale white and scrawny.
Oh, btw, he also happens to have been violent and almost shot up his school

But it's kind of true. Most team sports are overrated. The only benefit is you do better with girls but even then you'll never get as much pussy as a dj or guitar guy gets. Otherwise it's just concussions and niggerdom

That reboot is a fucking mess.

Are you 12?

generally the more outgoing kids tend to interact more with people and then develop people skills faster and learn how to make and keep friends faster.
And they get popular because they're likable and friendly people.

In most schools? No.
In schools with great/good sport programs? Yes, however, liked only in their own groups.

>good at sports, both team and individual
>great grades
>decent knowlegde about arts
>play guitar, bass, drums
>depressive as shit attitude that kept everyone away
you can't have them all, i guess