Is Howard Chaykin the most controversial comic book artist working today?

Is Howard Chaykin the most controversial comic book artist working today?

Other urls found in this thread:

firstcomicsnews.com/the-divided-states-of-hysteria-by-howard-chaykin/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

If by controversial you mean terrible then yes

I never gonna understand why most people hate him so much.

Today? Lol no.

uhh .... working?

firstcomicsnews.com/the-divided-states-of-hysteria-by-howard-chaykin/

His art is shit-tier

More so then frank cho?

It is. His writing is decent, though.

I got to talk to him over the summer at a convention, and he went on a rant about millenials and politics. I did't want to just walk away, so I stood there for like 10 minutes while he went off.

Back in the day it was great.

Did you look Satellite Sam or Midnight Soul?

I accidentally bought some SHADOW original art from Chaykin thinking it was Satellite Sam.

All his chracters kinda look the same now (which I get, generic dark haired white guys are really prevalent in comics)

Satellite Sam doesn't look bad.

Chaykin is a damn fine artist and fairly good writer, but outside his comic work, he comes across as a poor man's Harlan Ellison. He likes to pretend he's all edgy and angry and in your face. I'm surprised he doesn't have a bigger internet presence with a schtick like that.

His more recent stuff has been remarkably lazy (look at the awfully pasted-on textures for the lingerie) and a continued riff on the same old set of narrow themes. His inks have always been a little rough but I think he's working digitally now and it's even worse. He tends to do better now when either someone else is working with him, or he has some corporate to say "You can't just fill the pages with dicks and profanity, Howie."

Is he? I rarely hear about him.
Some interview he did a while back that got posted here, did endear me to him, though.
(It's the one where he asked if Grant Morrison had hurt some identity politicians feelings by portraying a transgender person as something other than Mother Theresa with a dick)

Maybe it's not a schtick and he's just a dick like that? He's got strong political opinions but no real desire to rant about them at all minutes of the day and project it out into the ether. He just makes his art and lets it be that unless you drum it out of him.

Baby boomers have such a chip on their shoulder about millennials, I don't get it. Aren't they the generation that fucked everything up?

>Aren't they the generation that fucked everything up?
Yes. And they're still at it.

Well I for one am glad they're making America great again. Their alt-facts are saving us from another Bowling Green Massacre.

>alt facts meme
Man that was stale when you made it up.

Wow thanks for that alternative fact, user.

I have been told sone alternative facts that the meme is the freshest in history

I hear that Chaykin hate Grant Morrison

Then he should team up with Alan Moore.

>made up
Wow just like how all those empty looking inauguration crowds were doctored right

The crowd was YUGE, biggest in inauguration history!!!