Kevin Spacey chose to engage an old and toxic myth

cnn.com/2017/10/30/opinions/kevin-spacey-statement-maltby-opinion/index.html

The accusations against Spacey are serious. Even in our post-Weinstein era, it was shocking to read the actor Anthony Rapp's recollection of how the double Academy-Award winner invited him to an adult party when Rapp was a child star. Sometime toward the end of the night, Rapp alleges he found himself sitting on Spacey's bed, whereupon Spacey entered the room, "picked me up like a groom picks up the bride over the threshold," and made a sexual advance. Rapp was 14 at the time; Spacey was 26.

In his statement, Spacey went on to confirm another rumor: "I choose now to live as a gay man." Great. Welcome out of the closet, Kevin. But is that 2,000 years of homophobic stereotype I hear in the background? What could be the purpose for any man of coming out as gay in the same breath as apologizing for the attempted assault of a minor? Is Spacey, shamelessly, trying to shift the focus of an international news story? Multiple media outlets came under fire for leading their coverage with Spacey's coming out, rather than Rapp's allegations -- surely better for Spacey's PR than some of the more critical coverage that has followed.

Or is this, even worse, an attempt to suggest Spacey's attraction to underage men is intrinsic to his homosexuality? Those who endorse such existing and discriminatory stereotypes will be eager to read it as such. In that context, a statement that even hints at such an association merits only condemnation. Few prejudices have done more damage to gay people than the myth that there is any link between sex with or sexual assault of a minor and same-sex attraction.

Other urls found in this thread:

cnn.com/2017/10/30/opinions/kevin-spacey-statement-maltby-opinion/index.html
psychology.ucdavis.edu/rainbow/html/facts_molestation.html
bbc.com/news/magazine-28526106
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bayes'_theorem),
youtube.com/watch?v=GXGGSjC7Elw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

He's just being honest.
On another note, I wish a 26 year old kevin spacey would pick me up and make a sexual advance. Damn

>post-Weinstein era

How do Americans do this type of language with a straight face? Or accept it?

>It was shocking to read

The hell it was. Before social media the society was not so contrived.

>Few prejudices have done more damage to gay people than the myth that there is any link between sex with or sexual assault of a minor and same-sex attraction.

Pederasty or paederasty (US: /ˈpɛdəræsti/ or UK: /ˈpiːdəræsti/) is a (usually erotic) homosexual relationship between an adult male and a pubescent or adolescent male. The word pederasty derives from Greek παιδεραστία (paiderastia) "love of boys",[1] a compound derived from παῖς (pais) "child, boy" and ἐραστής (erastēs) "lover". In French, however, "pédérastie" has been used as a synonym for homosexuality between adult males (see Histoire du mot pédérastie).

Is it over for Kevin "minors are finer" Spacey?

I was literally shaking

IoI I bet rapp is a nasty perv too.

Boys make up roughly half of sexual assault victims and yet gay people are less than 1% of the population, if the correlation isn't clear to you then you're just in denial.

>LGBTQ
>amplified

Do they go to cultist workshops before they pound out these memos?

>acknowledge the truth

How is "I don't remember" acknowledging anything? This is Satanic Panic: Amplified Edition.

I abhor social media.

a man reach his peak in the late 30s, Spacey has shit taste in men.

Oh fuck off, Spock.

Is this like the LGBT prayer or something? Do they always end in "let their voice be amplified"

>Gays aren't pedophiles

Then why are Twinks a thing?

>toxic
I'm not going to lie, when people use this word in this fashion I get legitimately triggered.

When did this word become so prevalent? I'm guessing maybe 2015 or so? No single word paints an accurate picture of the author as "toxic." This shit needs to fucking stop.

>myth
if there is now connection between homosexuality and pedophilia then how come that societies that openly allowed homosexuality or to some extend even celebrated have a long history of pedophilia as well aka ancient Greece?

Hey guess what in America you can only survive by fighting bullshit with better bullshit. Trump does it, Spacey does it, everyone else dies because they did the one thing "try to heal and apologize to the victims" nope fuck that, you call the victim a whore and you never met that person in your life and you are gay anyway.

it's problematic

>Straights aren't pedophiles

Then why are Women a thing?

Hollywood is totes cleaned up now, user.

... can we please just get a /cel/ board for all this cancerous gossip? Maybe have it get the e-celeb bullshit too?

Why are all Star Trek actors such fucking cucks nowadays?

>post-Weinstein

>toxic
>empowerment
>inclusivity
whenever you hear someone use one of these words or ideas, stop listening to them and tune them out because they have nothing interesting to say.

What's his nickname again?

>Is Spacey, shamelessly, trying to shift the focus of an international news story?

Yes.

We have to save Kevin. He is /ourguy/. Let's make them both reunite and fix things up or the media will make him miserable until the last day of his life.

>Liberal gets his own tactic used against him
What a shocker

it's hardcore marxist lingo

they always run out of bad words to call whoever is oppressing them right now due to overuse, so they keep having to invent new ones

>I need to find my power.
>So, I'm going to start fucking other people.
Psychiatrists are so full of shit.

>post-Weinstein era
Oh my god

whatever putin

You block it out

I probably am more spastic than I realize

How do I become Kevin Spacey?

Please elaborate on what's marxist about that adjective with your own words

women are only intellectually children, not physically

This. Nigga was young Jude Law tier

I really don't understand this.
What could he have done except come out as gay? He was accused of hitting on another man.
Spacey has always been very private about his sexuality and kept it out of the press and now he was outed by another man accusing him of a sex crime. All he did was confirm it and now he's the bad guy.
What did they want him to say?

AND WAY DOWNNNN WE -

>homos are pedophiles age old and dangerous myth
>FBI Statistics show 50% of pedophiles are homos

Gays are not normal people like you and me, no matter how many times Hollywood liberals and kikes try to push that narrative. There's a reason why every major religion condemns homosexuality.

That's the bullshit irony of it all. If i was 14 and Demi Moore or any hot celeb tried to fuck me it would be the greatest day of my life

He didn't even confirm it. He's just like "i was a blackout drunk so i'm not going to call him a liar".

I thought it was the best handling of these accusations yet desu.

I meant confirm he was gay not that he'd done it

"I was bored so I went to his room. I sat on his bed and turned on the TV. Spacey came in the room, really drunk. He picked me up, put me on the bed, and climbed on top of me. I managed to get away then walked out of the room"
??? This story is just really weird.

"The greatest day of my life is when Demi Moore raped me when I was a child"

Yeah, "walked out of the room".
Why didn't he run?

I'm pretty sure Rapp liked it too and showed no signs of him not liking it.
It's just, that now that excitement is irrelevant and he senses attention and maybe even money.

I would sue any hot celeb too, decades after they made passionate love to me, just because i could get money out of it.

There are a lot of predators in the gay community. It's as toxic as it fucking gets.

>Creepy old dudes
>Rampant drug-usage
>Increased likelihood of STDs
>The generally high levels of promiscuity
>Identity politics and insane far left views
>Gay "pride"

The gay community is awful.

t. Homosexual conservative

Kill yourself

I would, but my very existence seems to make other gay dudes irate. That pleases me immensely.

Are you implying that at 14 you weren't jerking your little freshman cock 3 times a day to the most depraved thoughts humanity has to offer?

If you say no, you're lying.

don't reply to drumpfags

>cnn.com/2017/10/30/opinions/kevin-spacey-statement-maltby-opinion/index.html

>myth

libs just love to rewrite history, its not a myth that NAMBLA and other groups promoting pedophilia were members of the the IGLA even after that organization received UN consultative status, or that those same groups marched openly in LGBT rights protests and ask many gay men today about the loss of their virginity or their first homosexual experiences and it will almost certainly have been with a much older man at an age where, were it a heterosexual relationship, it would be considered incredibly inappropriate.

>what are women
nigger are you really this dense

sounds like a pretty gay fetish

96% of pedophiles are male
1/3 of victims of pedophilia in the US are boys
1-3% of the US population is gay

1-3% of the US population commits 1/3 acts of pedophilia. Assuming every single woman who commits an act of pedophilia perpetrates it against a boy, that leaves 28% of pedophilic crimes being committed by 1-3% of the population, ie they commit acts of pedophilia at rates of between 9 and 28 times higher than the general population.

>and ask many gay men today about the loss of their virginity or their first homosexual experiences and it will almost certainly have been with a much older man at an age
Lol, I've literally never met a gay guy my age who lost their virginity to an older guy. Unless a 19 year old and a 25 year old is somehow unacceptable.

But it's homophobic to say such things in most reputable news outlets. Heaven forbid we have discussions about the worse aspects of "gay culture".

Only gay guy I ever talked to about lost it at 14 to a 24 year old, and when I asked if he reported it, he said it was perfectly normal

wew, so it's a myth even though Spacey admits it?

And yet every single time this is brought up, someone always explains to you chucklefucks that pedophiles are considerably less concerned with the gender of their victims than normal people are to their sexual partners. So if you take that, combine it with the fact that society is much less likely to guard little boys as they are to guard little girls, and there you go.

Nobody cares about what the other fags think of you, you belong in the same trash can

>Women
>raping men

Go back to fucking reddit and sargon you """egalitarian""" retard

Well you certainly have a statistically significant sample size to conclude for gay men all over.

Yeah but there's literally nothing wrong with pedophilia

what's his name again?

Different guy here. I also know a few homos that all lost it to older men and all loved it.

>writes an extended paragraph on a thing
>doesn't even spellcheck it

You're just being an obtuse faggot. If you don't count women raping them then boys don't make up nearly half of rape victims. You're the one being like Sargon. He always twists statics to support his retarded agenda.

are you homosexual?

>24 and 14, OH NO!
This shit happens all the time with random slutty chicks. Who cares?

Kevin 'leme fuck your boipussy' Spacey

Kevin "Don't be a miser, I'll be in and out like Keyser" Spacey

2 out of 6 fags i know personally have a bear/daddy fetish. I don't know how/when they got their man-hymen broken, though

Yes.

Lost my virginity at 19 to an 18 year old twink top.

I have straight friends with cougar fetishes. I don't think it requires some sort of childhood experience or issues.

that's true. Like i said, i don't know who their first fuck was

Every bit as significant as the guy I was replying to. I've heard plenty of second hand accounts too.

Also, relevant. Had a friend who was training to be a doctor and did a stint in a free clinic in London as part of his training. Went in a starry-eyed liberal and came out a massive homophobe. Said 90% of his STD cases were gay men, none of then used condoms, none of them knew how many people they'd slept with in the past month, none of them knew what they were carrying themselves. He asked a few of them why their attitude was so bad towards it and the most common answer he got was that it was because they started young. (That said, UK kids tend to have sex very young, gay or straight)

>tfw Family Guy say it first

He tried to get away, but was trapped under neath a grown man who over powered him.

I don't understand how you could be as stupid as this

>Expose yourself to the poorest most degenerate cohort of a minority
>Begin to hate that minority
What a shock.

if that grown man completely overpowered him and Rapp couldn't do anything while protesting and wanting to break free, how was he not "fully raped" and only sexually harassed?

>He tried to get away
And he did. He literally walked away. And Spacey apparently did nothing to try and bring him back.

If you think there's nothing wrong with a 24yo man sleeping with a 14yo girl, then there's something wrong with you.

*climbs on top of you*

Because they aren't participating in a real Star Trek show

Ya, I made that point to him, but he still hated them

"I don't remember that specifically" implies that this sort of thing is so common that he doesn't recall any single episode like you would if this was a very infrequent thing.

>considerably less
By how much?

Star Trek Continues was kino until the kikes shut it down for competing with STD

It's backed up by the stats though

>96% of pedophiles are male
>1/3 of victims of pedophilia in the US are boys
>1-3% of the US population is gay
>1-3% of the US population commits 1/3 acts of pedophilia. Assuming every single woman who commits an act of pedophilia perpetrates it against a boy, that leaves 28% of pedophilic crimes being committed by 1-3% of the population, ie they commit acts of pedophilia at rates of between 9 and 28 times higher than the general population.

6.8% of US population is gay
>Gates, Gary J. (April 2011). "How many people are lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender?". Williams Institute, University of California School of Law.
williamsinstitute.law.ucla.edu/research/census-lgbt-demographics-studies/how-many-people-are-lesbian-gay-bisexual-and-transgender/

86% of pedophiles describe themselves as attracted to the same sex
>Facts About Homosexuality and Child Molestation
psychology.ucdavis.edu/rainbow/html/facts_molestation.html

5% of people are pedophiles
>How many men are paedophiles?
bbc.com/news/magazine-28526106

Therefore by Bayes theorem (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bayes'_theorem),
Probability(a gay is a pedophile) =
Probability(a pedophile is gay)*Probability(a person is a pedophile)/Probability(a person is gay) =
86%*5%/6.8% =
63%

Almost 2/3 of gays are pedophiles

those people aren't a minority within that minority though

youtube.com/watch?v=GXGGSjC7Elw

I'm not him or similar to him politically, but I'll give it a shot
>Marxists believe the collapse of western society is necessary to usher in communism
>Collapse hasn't happened, so they'll help it along
>One of these tactics is to own the intellectual establishment and act subversivly
>Words like toxic serve a political aim to suppress dissent in the name of being progressive, etc

I like ur post tho u cheeky bugger

I mean it's not false that gay guys are far more sexually active than your average straight guy since women are typically the gatekeepers.

It's also not false that if straight people didn't have the risk of getting pregnant condom usage would drop steeply, hence gay guys' low condom usage and high STD rates.

The proliferation of PreP isn't going to help condom usage either.

I don't know where I'm going with this except to say that while gays tend to be more degenerate relative to straight guys, it's understandable.

Gays are the niggers of sexual orientation.

I am not even gay buy I would let him suck my cock.

>no homo