Does anybody even read this shit anymore?

Does anybody even read this shit anymore?

guess that answers your question OP

There's no reason to read either of them, save a few decent Spawn issues by other, better writers.

It still cracks me up Spawn's most recent bid for relevance, for his monthly proper, was that Todd wanted to Grant Morrison onboard, but that didn't go anywhere.

So he got Brian Wood.

Who left the thing before his first issue made it to print.

Who was replaced by Paul Jenkins who left after about 5 issues in.

I just got done reading the Savage Dragon Archives and I enjoyed it.
It's not the best thing I've ever read, but it's fun to see what a competent creator can do with a book without editorial constraint over the course of decades.

>Erik
>Competent

He's a goddamn manchild who doesn't know how to take criticism and his book is reflective of that.

>leave Marvel because all you're made to work on is titles that run forever and spin their heels with pointless shake-ups to the status quo that get reset whenever the bosses get jittery over sales figures
>end up working on titles that spin their heels forever and lurch between EVERYTHING CHANGES FOREVER and BACK TO THE WAY YOU LOVE every other year
Really makes you think...

The first 120 issues are fine.

The only real difference was millions of dollars.

Guys remember when Spawn 1st came out and McFarlane always talked about how Spawn had a finite amount of power and when it ran out he would be dead and the hook of the book was that it wouldn't go on forever

Savage Dragon is unironically the best capeshit book out there, period
tried to get back on Spawn with Resurrection but then Jonboy left for DC and dropped it

Didn't Jim replace Al a long fucking time ago?

Personally I thought they were mediocre at best, but that's just me. My contempt for Erik is entirely separate from my analysis of his ability to write and draw, but I still think he's incompetent as a comic book artist.

It sold 16K issues in December, which is worse than Power Man and Iron Fist, Cyborg and Gwenpool but slightly better than Carnage and Silver Surfer. In other words, Marvel would have cancelled it a while ago

Why the FUCK is Carnage that low?

Na, I gotta go with Invincible for that title.

WWWWWWWAAAAAANNNNNNNNNDDDDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Tomb of Carnage wasn't terribly interesting I'm sorry to inform.

i'ts the same shit without the gimmick rebranding and relaunching

like Larsen changing the main character of the book at 198 instead of 200 because fuck it the story led to the change there

nope

I actually read some Savage Dragon not that long ago and liked it. Does it even count as "edgy"? I mean, he decides to use his powers to become a cop and protect people within the law, usually not even killing people, at least in the stuff I read. That's pretty much the least edgy thing you can do.

Never really cared for Spawn though.