Do you think a live action Batman Beyond would work?

Do you think a live action Batman Beyond would work?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/RZ211GBe6e0
m.youtube.com/watch?v=z65aq1EVGhs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Anything can work just as long as you are competent and know what you're doing in regards to the source material.

Directed by Zack Snyder

somebody send Terry's dad a peepee jar which he drinks right before a nuclear weapon goes off in his face

Only if you get Scott to be Terry

I didn't know I wanted this

Adam West

No, because it didn't work as a cartoon.
Batman Beyond was fucking dog shit.

>Do you think a live action Batman Beyond would work?

Only if we make Terry a young black man named Terrence.

This a million times. Old, angry Adam West is scary as hell.

most Sup Forums live action movies aren't good or do a good job at representing the original so no
already can see how they would fuck up old bruce, terry, and importantly the style of everything (city, suit, etc)

>Old, angry Adam West is scary as hell
very much so
youtu.be/RZ211GBe6e0

Sadly, no, because for some reason DC can't adapt Batman Beyond and it's incredibly simple premise for the life of them.

Seriously. Every time they've used the idea in the comics, they break what makes it work.

definitely, especially with todays technology. now writing a good story would pose a problem for people currently in charge at dc

Yes, it could definitely work with the right thought process behind it. I think Dini would have to write it though and share a role as producer with Bruce Timm.

You just have to stretch it out and make the Blight arc into one whole film, give Terry more stuggles if he can be batman, should be batman, and you can add Inque as perhaps a side-villain (like Lex Luthor's Mercy, or a hired gun paid by Blight). Then, you can save the whole "you might be related to Bruce" for a potential sequel, starring Spellcaster. Then, conclude it with a live-action adaptation of Return of the Joker...with Mark Hamil as Tim Drake and Willem Dafoe as the Joker. Grandma Harley Quinn could be played Arleen Sorkin again, maybe. It could totally work.

yes

will never happen tho

Batman Beyond was very much a product of it's time

Remaking it now (animated or live) would just piss nostalgiafags off

>Clint
>not Cranston
Clint is way too fucking old to be playing Bruce. Maybe if the movie was based on the "epilogue". Watch the LBJ movie he's in and tell me that he wouldn't be a good Bruce from Batman Beyond based strictly on looks.

>Batman Beyond was very much a product of it's time
How?

That's jut what people say, right?

Timm had not gone full retard yet.

>Mark Hamil as Tim Drake and Willem Dafoe as the Joker
I'm cumming.

Clint Eastwood would never agree to a shitty supporting role where the lead runs around saying Sway no matter how much money WB threw at him - and he has an existing relationship with him.

It would be far more likely to get him to direct a movie and the chances for THAT are like .00000000000000001 in infinity.

The thing is, Kevin Conroy himself could look the part of Old Bruce now with a little makeup.
The only problem is, he's just too damn wirey. He'd need to bulk up a little.

>Trump was perfect to play Old Bruce
>James Earl Jones as the voice

tfw it will never happen

thank god
both of those choices are awful

SCHWAY

So no?

As much as I love Clint, I cannot imagine him as Bruce Wayne in any capacity

Clancy Brown would be a much better choice than Eastwood.

yeah that would be absolute perfection.

Brian Dennehy for old Bruce.

>David Bowie will never play The Joker

Why not micheal keaton

I want West to star in a continuation of the 60's Batman series. A Batman Beyond the 60s, if you will. Have him train an mentor a modern Batman in the future of 2017.

i love that freeze grabs a 20 year old suit and starts just fucking up everybody in 2039

Why tho?
Why do they keep fucking it up?

The Tim Drake Beyond series ended as pointlessly as it began, and the sheer amount of retcons and retcons about the state of affairs in NeoGotham....

It shouldn't be this hard for DC to capitalize on it's premise. Hell I'd watch a CW Star City 2046 so long as it had good writing behind it.

>Expecting a CW show to have good writing.

Clint's good, but not great.

If Ricardo Montalbon was still alive he would have been perfect

No, but now you made me sad because we'll never get Clin Eastwood as Old Man Logan.

I am often surprised that Batman Beyond is kinda getting this HeMan or Thundercats longevity of love for it.

I mean it's been decades and still stuff is made for it.

No offense, I don't think he would have made a good Joker.
Bowie always had this otherworldly aspect to him, languid or something. While perfect for something like a LoTR elf, the joker is too fixated on Batman for a good Bowie role.

IMO, it's because Batman Beyond works best as a standalone, and DC likes to have crossovers out the wazoo, especially if they lack confidence in the product.

I feel you. When it started, I didn't expect it to go on for very long because it feels like it should be such a weak premise.

Could wait 20 years and do it with Conroy and someone who hasn't been born yet as Terry.

Batman Beyond only really works as its own thing.

Explore anything else in the DC universe, and it goes down the drain.

Modern comics can't not live in a larger universe.

No because no one over the age of 12 wants to see a Batman Movie where THE PROM'S TOMORROW.

Imo zac efron would be a better fit. His more muscular and athletic than scott plus slightly taller i think.

Not wanting Michael Keaton and chris odonnel slathered in make up playing old ass bruce and tim. Return of the joker live action?

He's like 30. Older kid from Jurassic World would be better.

I like it. West could be training Terry to throw a punch, and it could be going 'Biff!' and 'Pow!', then Terry does it and it says 'Schway!', and West would give him a look of sheer disappointment.

What about a justice league beyond or buddy cop beyond with grey supes?
have Christopher reaves play superman?

user, I have some bad news for you.

Yes i think it would. It give normies something different than a bruce wayne origin story. Having a gritty cyber punk batman would be sway as fuck.Pretty much just copy the first episode frame for frame, have the corporate politics of wanye enterprises, have derek as the big bad and just copy the ending of the fight with them. But the big question is how do you do the suits mouth and do you have him kill derek or hand him over to the police?

Yeah but not as a movie. I think it would fit better as a Netflix series like DD. That way we get high school terry/shit boyfriend terry and not just batman

What's the opposite of Christopher Walkin?
Christopher Reaves!

>zac efron
should be Dick. fit af. handsome. real nice ass.

We'll never see an episode that just revolves around him falling asleep in class, failing to keep dates with dana, being a shit brother and son while doing random odd jobs for bruce. We futuristic smallville now? Tom welling as old supes?

m.youtube.com/watch?v=z65aq1EVGhs

Screw live action i just want my BMbeyond arkham is that too much to ask? Neon lights everywhere, always night time, mostly smoggy or raining and flying cars all over the place.

Yes, absolutely.

Back in the late 90s early 00s this was rumored with this exact cast

>BMbeyond arkham

Who could play Terry? I always imagined him looking kind of Eurasian.

Was he a rumour? I thought it was just long time fancasting?

Clint is riding out his final years behind the camera. Gran Torino was really the logical conclusion to his acting career, that shitty baseball movie he did afterwards was an obvious mistake.