Thanagar and the Dominion now exist in the CWverse

>Thanagar and the Dominion now exist in the CWverse
>Hal Jordan exists in the CWverse
Green Lantern series soon.

Other urls found in this thread:

variety.com/2015/tv/news/the-cw-warner-bros-dc-the-flash-arrow-1201646970/
greenarrowtv.com/no-green-lantern-for-arrow/
cbr.com/green-lantern-could-never-appear-on-arrow-says-ep/
cbr.com/legends-of-tomorrow-ep-guggenheim-debunks-alan-scottgreen-lantern-rumor/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It looks like the embargoes don't matter anymore.
Superman is on Supergirl. I guess since the DCEU films failed the characters are free to use now. I am excited for a potential Green Lantern series.

PLEASE

Has anybody ever actually provided a citation for this fabled embargo?

Yes, yes, yes please, I want to watch a police procedural show with Guy and Hal as buddy cops investigating the wildest cases on the space.
Also pic related.

IIRC Guggenheim has said it'll never happen because of the movies but I'm not sure if there's any source that straight up says there's an embargo

Still, I'm not really holding my breath

>The CW
You'll get John Stewart with Hal as a mentor figure and you'll like it or else.

IMPOSSIBRU!

If Tomar-Re looked like shit in a blockbuster, try to imagine Tomar-Re in a TV budget.

I don't know, the Dominators and King Shark looked pretty good.

>Hal Jordan exists in the CWverse
>hal Jordan geek pilot
>black Carrie Farris
>gay John Stwart
>guy Gardner white/cis rival
>sinestro good/evil mentor
>BE GREEN HAL, BE GREEN!
>my name is Hal jordan, and i am the greentest man alive

>>my name is Hal jordan, and i am the greentest man alive
Bravest/Fearless

Are we watching the same channel? I think you meant
>Gay hal jordan
>John Stewart/ Star Sapphire romance

King Shark was onscreen for a grand total of like four minutes

Just like the Green Lantern Corps would be then.

Green Lantern series never lol. They do everything they can to make up excuses for Barry and friends not to have to use their powers. I don't think the CW CAN do a Green Lantern series. It's not within their power.
I mean, I'd love it but I just don't think it could happen.

No, no and no, if they want they should just include John as their new rookie partner and that's it.
Besides if they want more "minorities" they can make most of the aliens latins/hispanics or something like that.

Wut, have you even watched Legends of Tomorrow? After invasion I am convinced they could even pull off New Gods.

And for Star Sapphire of course you mean Fatality, right?

Bro they even had to make Supergirl sit out of most of the fights. There are too many limitations for a GL show.
And don't insult the New Gods like that. Frankly, I'm not even sure a big budget movie could do them justice.

>Black x black relationship
No.

They made Supergirl sit out most of the fights because like Superman she is an unstoppable rape tank that could easily resolve everything on her own. She didn't even get her own chapter in the crossover.

Supergirl isn't a prominent force in the CWverse, yet anyway.

So they went to the trouble of incorporating Supergirl into a crossover knowing full well how powerful she is and then sidelined her because of how powerful she is.
Yeah, I DEFINITELY want a Green Lantern CW show!
Don't get me wrong, I enjoy Supergirl and Flash but it's really obvious how much they can't afford to show off their powers with the effects. Heck, they barely even wear their costumes. Maybe I'm picky.

>Wanting the CW to ruin more characters

the embargo was over a long time ago you fucking idiots, before BvS ever came out (and in no sense are the movies failing idiot).

variety.com/2015/tv/news/the-cw-warner-bros-dc-the-flash-arrow-1201646970/

How is it like in your dream world?

Are you racist or what? Why BlackxBlack is wrong???

Oh and I'd like to mention J'onn never ever EVER using his powers or showing his true form despite it being common knowledge.

I think you're being a bit picky. That crossover was practically a Justice League miniseries.

Embracing the limitations is how we even got this far. If the shitty CG was a genuine detriment this project would have died with Arrow. I would gladly take 10 episodes of metas in normal clothes to get one fully costumed Professor Zoom, just like I would gladly take 10 episodes of Star Trek forehead aliens for one faithful Sinestro.

Didn't Arrow writer or whatever said that he can't use Deathstroke anymore because he's going to appear in the movies? And it was way before Deathstroke was announced to appear in Batman.

Deathstroke was in the crossover like two episodes ago.

>just like I would gladly take 10 episodes of Star Trek forehead aliens for one faithful Sinestro.
Sinestro is Star Trek-tier too, just stick some pointy ears on an actor and paint him magenta

I don't doubt that, but I don't want a shitty Sinestro that is nothing but the right colour.

That's true, casting him right is way more important than making sure he's the right shade of pink

Do you not realise how fucking garbage a GL series would be on a TV budget? it takes place in space ffs... the cgi alone would dwarf the typical show budget, especially on a shit network like CW

Inb4 they just call it "Lantern"

Also this, but not because a space show can't work on T.V, but because a lot of what Green Lantern does in terms of characters and abilities aren't feasible with practical effects.

They didn't call Flash "Fast".

Closest I know is the Bat Embargo for Justice League setting a precedent.

Why do people not know what a citation is? This is all hearsay. What I mean is I have yet to see anybody provide actual proof on an embargo.

Saying "Guggenheim said it" isn't proof that Guggenheim said it.

Dominion is LoSH not GL

Dumbass

Neither is Thanagar. I was referring to the increased cosmic presence..

Retard.

>LoSH
Which they implied exists in the future

Fuck Green Lantern wheres my Legion?

Not self hating gay Guy who gets with Kyle after he saves everyone's asses in season 2-3 or so.

probably not long after Mon-El gets shoved into the phantom zone

Probably avoiding the CWverse present day because they know interacting with it will create a temporal unnecessary Brainiac-5 subplot.

Well here's Guggenheim saying in 2015 that he doesn't think they can because of the movie being announced greenarrowtv.com/no-green-lantern-for-arrow/

>“I doubt it very much, only because they just announced the Green Lantern Corps today, and I’d be surprised if it didn’t include Hal Jordan,” Arrow Executive Producer Marc Guggenheim said at our Legends of Tomorrow interview roundtable at this year’s Comic-Con International in San Diego. “It would be great, but I doubt it very much.”

Here's an executive producer saying it won't happen cbr.com/green-lantern-could-never-appear-on-arrow-says-ep/

>Asked if Carly Pope’s Susan Williams — a character from Green Lantern mythology — was chosen specifically for her connection to the character, Mericle said, “One of the fun parts of the show is that you can put these characters in and the Easter eggs and the fans that know this universe so well respond to it on varying levels of excitement and whatnot, ... and is a fun nod to the Green Lantern, who obviously we could never bring on the show.”

Here's Guggenheim shutting down an Alan Scott rumor cbr.com/legends-of-tomorrow-ep-guggenheim-debunks-alan-scottgreen-lantern-rumor/

>“I’ll tell you right now, because I never want anyone to be disappointed, he’s not Alan Scott,” said Guggenheim. Alan Scott is also attached to the Green Lantern franchise, which DC obviously has feature plans for. In the poll of ‘who it’s going to be,’ you can cross off Alan Scott.”

So no, apparently there is nothing about an embargo, and nobody associated with Arrow has flat out said they CAN'T use any GL stuff, but the way they phrase statements makes it sound like they probably never will utilize GL beyond minor references and Easter Eggs like they've already been doing all along

Which is probably for the better since there is no way that would turn out well for the show or B5.

It may just be me reading into this wrong, but from those quotes it sounds like the issue is that Guggenheim doesn't have a spine not that he isn't allowed to use GL.

The only Supergirl/ Brainiac-5 romance plot I will accept is JLU and that is because Brainiac-5 being autistic was pretty funny,

You just know he would end up being yet another "model pretending to be a nerd" character if CW used him.

JLU was cute, more so than their comic romance.

That or they would pull a Smallville and make him a version of/possessed by Brainiac 1. I'm also decently sure that he would just look like a generic guy because "oh he's using a device that creates a perfect human disguise so he can blend in on earth", and what's the point then.

They are unlikely to do GL for simple budgetary reasons - mostly that The CW doesn't have the income stream. Something like this would have to be pre-sold internationally for it to be worth the expense and cost to WB Television productions.

It really makes more sense for WB to start trying to sell this type of thing to a streaming content provider - notwithstanding that they supposedly want to start their own streaming service - they already own a small portion of HULU and - in spite of the lowered ratings - they need someone to pay the costs of something like this.

Netflix dropped $100M on The Crown, money they presumably think they would make back, but something like Stranger Things cost far less to produce/license. Netflix seems like they are too way in bed with the MCU and they are already licensing the Berlanti shows at probably a low rate than the deal for their 'MCU Lite' shows (which they get to co-own).

>budgetfags
It's going to happen, and we are going to get Batman and Superman shows as well when the abortion that is the DCEU finally stops breathing. It's not a matter of if it's a matter of when.

Only if WB actually convinces tons of people to pony up for a WB/WB Animation, DC Animation, DC live action streaming services. They certainly have a huge library of WB films and, even before they owned DC, they did the films so they have that. They also have the partnership with Lego, but every decision in Hollywood is a cost consideration. Accept it.

If it was 'going to happen,' Justice League Action wouldn't be a shortened abomination appearing in the early morning hours in their biggest potential market.