Why was it that aragon was the one who was the commander of the elves at helms deep ? shouldn't it have been legolas...

Why was it that aragon was the one who was the commander of the elves at helms deep ? shouldn't it have been legolas, who is an elven prince ? Can't remember if it was explained in the movies

Other urls found in this thread:

ae-lib.org.ua/texts-c/tolkien__the_silmarillion__en.htm#akallabeth
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Legolas was too busy surfing

his ugly elf girlfriend is the daughter of their lord elron

Aragorn got dubz so they let him in charge

But there were no Elves at Helm's Deep
What book did you read?

Maybe Aragorn was the better tactician.

legolas is from the elf tribe that live in the dark forest, elron's tribe think they're faggots so sending legolas on a suicide mission was fine but following him into battle wouldn't work

>read
Pfffft

Aragorn is one of the Dunedain, a super-human sub-race of Men blessed with long life. He has extensive military experience going back to the days of Theoden's father Thengel.

He also spent a lot of time among the Elves and speaks their language fluently. Aragorn is highly respected among Elves and his recognized birthright as the King of Gondor makes him pretty much the biggest badass on the block.

At the time (at least in the books) I got the impression that the Dunedain and Numenoreans were held in higher respect than elves were. Aragorn is a huge deal for them. I mean that’s why Elronds sons came with him on the paths of the dead and even into battle on the Pelannor Fields.

He was more concerned with his petty kill count competition with Gimli then he was with leading men.

Why because there were no other Elves at the Battle of the Homburg ofcourse! It was the last stand of men and Aragorn was the greatest leader among them.

Even then he was just operating as a Captain under Theodens leadership. Legolas was leading another unit elsewhere anyway so they were essentially both leading.

Seriously tho in the movies Aragorn was head of the party and Legolas answered to him. Getting into their back stories would be too much confusion for the lowest common denominators in the audience. Aragorn: Leader. Legolas: Ninja Archer.

Easy with the super human shit dude. They have a longer life span and maybe healing abilities that other mortal men don’t but they’re not stronger, faster or have telekinesis for Pete Jacksons sake

How did Gimli know what a central nervous system was anyway?

To be fair Aragorn might as well have in the Battle of Pelennor Fields. He was essentially Jesus at that point in the book.

Healing all round him.

maybe he cos he bothered to read books unlike some.

He healed everyone because Gondorians are dumb and only their Kings properly understood how to use athelas, apparently

He is pretty much super-human though
>Super-long lifespan
>Heightened awareness and keen tracking ability
>Can toss a dwarf

Aragorn is a canon ubermensch.

Legolas is a filthy wood elf. Aragorn is descended of the Numenoreans, and a Ranger of the Dunedain.

Ehh not really. Ithilien Rangers most likely displayed these traits as well. Except the life span and Kings healing ability of course.

Don’t remember him tossing a dwarf in the books...

'The Númenóreans were descendants of the Edain of the First Age, who proved themselves allies of the Elves'

That and they were fighting for the age of 'men'.
It wasn't directly the elves battle, because they were planning to leave anyway.
So it's only right that the heir should lead the forces of men.

Seriously my man, just read the Silmarillion
Or even just read the Numenor part
ae-lib.org.ua/texts-c/tolkien__the_silmarillion__en.htm#akallabeth
Aragorn ain't shit compared to Numenoreans and they're only like that because they come from Elrond's brother

Go back to /lit/ readfag.

>aragon
When did a medieval Catalan kingdom take part in the war of the ring?

I highly doubt my reading of literally the most popular fantasy series of all time means I fit into /lit/
What's next, going to Sup Forums to discuss CoD? Going to Sup Forums to discuss capeshit?

Galadriel would've led but She was busy taking a fat elven shit and then had a foot massage scheduled later.

Aragorn had a well thought out tax policy, so they listened to him.

>sup guys I know the fate of the entire world rests on your shoulders, have some dirt with a seed in it

>super-human

Where does this keep coming from? All I remember is them living extra long (but these days only upwards of like 200) and maybe being tall but probably like 6'6.

Aragorn was raised in Rivendell by Elrond, Legolas was from Mirkwood. Of course the Rivendell elves would place themselves under Aragorn's command.

legolas has spent more time jacking-off than aragorn has been alive. not really anyone there more qualified to do- well, anything. same goes for probably most the other elves as well.