Watching Passion of the Christ

>watching Passion of the Christ
>Relize it's based on real events and Jesus really did die for our sins.

What the fuck

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harrowing_of_Hell
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Unironically has Mel ever once been wrong?

His "death" meant nothing since he's an omnipotent being who came back after 3 days.

But he really did suffer and experience death, uncertain if he would actually survive and preparing to sacrifice everything.

Jesus is the son of God, newb.

Also, implying he didn’t turn his blood plasma into opium as he hung on the cross

Wtf, I'm a christcuck now I'm gonna go donate to my local rabbi I mean priest right now, the church needs money for dem programz

It’s called the holy trinity. The father, son, and Holy Spirit are all God. They are all eternal and equal, none creating another or commanding another.
Jesus isn’t a son in the traditional sense you fucking heathen.

He never actually came back. That was his twin brother Thomas who fooled everyone.

Someone send this to Monty Python right now

t.thor a crossdressing faggot who an hero'd

It's literally not a joke.

>The name Thomas (Koine Greek: Θωμᾶς) given for the apostle in the New Testament is derived from the Aramaic or Syriac: ܬܐܘܡܐ Toma, equivalently from Hebrew Teom, meaning "twin". The equivalent term for twin in Greek, which is also used in the New Testament, is Δίδυμος Didymos.

>In the Book of Thomas the Contender, part of the Nag Hammadi, he is said to be twin of Jesus himself: "Now, since it has been said that you are my twin and true companion, examine yourself…"

>Thomas was the only apostle who wasn't present when Jesus had risen from the dead

Thoughts on this bible-kino?

prove it

Thats literally fake news. Thomas was called Thomas the Doubter and only believed Jesus came back when he felt the wound on his side with his own hand

Fuck off neckbeard

The gospels

No detail was spared in the assemblage of Thor’s bridal dress. After the humiliated god had donned the costume, Loki offered to go with him as his maid-servant.

At dinner, Thor and Loki found themselves in trouble. Thor singlehandedly ate an entire ox, eight salmon, and all of the dainties that had been prepared for the women – not to mention the many barrels of mead he drank. This made Thrym suspicious, and he declared that he had never in his whole life seen a woman with such an appetite. Loki quickly devised a response: “The fair goddess has been so lovesick for you,” he claimed, “that she hasn’t been able to eat for a week.” Thrym accepted this answer, and was overcome by a desire to kiss his bride. When he peeled back the veil, Thor’s eyes glared at him so intently that they seemed to burn holes right through him. He exclaimed, “Never have I seen a maiden with such frightfully piercing eyes!” Loki, the master of deceit, explained to the giant that while Freya had been unable to eat, she had also been unable to sleep, so fierce was her longing for him.

thor the trap

>using the bible to prove the bible
umm no sweetie, try again

mfw when i was coss all along

>Jesus is God
>Jesus also spends 90% of his time either praying to himself or being tempted by tempted by the most petty shit imaginable

Hmmm

I wasn't using the Gospels to prove he Bible, I was using the Gospels to prove things about the life of Jesus

in christian lore he went down to hell after he died, fucked it up, saved a bunch of souls, then rose back up

so it actually did canonically

I'm asking you to prove that jesus existed and isn't mere fiction

Not him but there are Roman and Jewish accounts of his existence

I gave you an answer, the Gospels, they specifically deal with the life and teachings of Christ. And while consensus doesn't equal truth, it's important to note that almost all of historians who study the classical age agree that Jesus existed historically.

There are more independent accounts of his life than any other person from the era.

I'm sure that later episode was staged by Thomas as well. He probably used some trick like bad lighting or even an inanimate prop of a body, which was convincing enough after the initial "shocking" resurrection.

The gospels are specifically what is in question here. What's to say they aren't works of fiction?

Jesus is a historical figure and his divinity is unproveable.

Well you could raise that question about any historical document, you would need to give some evidence that they are false. certain parts of the gospels are known to contain real events because they pass what is known as the criteria of embarrassment. Specifically the crucifixion is considered a historical fact because early Christian writers would not have made it up because it reflects badly on Jesus. The same criteria is applied to Jesus' baptism by John and the empty tomb being discovered by women.

There's two other sources independent of the Bible. That's more evidence for his existence than the majority of ancient figures

Kek this faggot posted this again in a Christian related thread

Jesus is God.

>check em.

is it canon? show me the vatican saying this has been canonized as doctrine

>not understanding the holy trinity THIS MUCH

Oh. Somebody posted almost exactly the same thread several days ago and I didn't get it until now.

Meh.

I believe in God, the Father Almighty, Creator of heaven and earth; and in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord: Who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary; suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died and was buried. He descended into hell; the third day He rose again from the dead; He ascended into heaven, is seated at the right hand of God the Father Almighty; from thence He shall come to judge the living and the dead. I believe in the Holy Spirit, the Holy Catholic Church, the communion of Saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and life everlasting. Amen.

>He descended into hell

dumb faggot

yeah but nowhere in the apostles creed is it saying he "fucked it up and saved a bunch of souls"

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harrowing_of_Hell

Reminder that you all are not "true" Christians unless you you also believe in Creationism, the Rapture, and the very obvious fact that the Earth is flat.