The Clone Saga Storytime Part 2

Juda Traveller

Other urls found in this thread:

cbr.com/dan-slott-has-a-giant-evil-master-plan-for-amazing-spider-man/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What was the point of that character? What little i read with him mad no sense and that was early in the clone saga

Dont worried about Judas he was pretty dumb.

shit bruh we gotta get Bagley back on Spider-Man

>shit bruh we gotta get Bagley back on Spider-Man
Hell yeah

He's so dumb, Dan Slott has said he's one of the few elements of Spider-Man's history that he never ever wants to touch.
He's been completely MIA since the 90s, we don't even know if he still has his mutant powers after M-Day.

>He's so dumb, Dan Slott has said he's one of the few elements of Spider-Man's history that he never ever wants to touch.
>He's been completely MIA since the 90s, we don't even know if he still has his mutant powers after M-Day.
Wait not even Dan Slott wants to used Judas.

Judas Traveller is weird enough, but what's the deal with his entourage?

>cbr.com/dan-slott-has-a-giant-evil-master-plan-for-amazing-spider-man/

>I brought back Living Brain. I’ve had like Overdrive convert the big wheel. I did stories with Cardiac and Stunner. I will use every single piece of the Spider-Man buffalo. I will use every single thing ’cause it’s this rich character for 50 years and it has all this stuff — okay, Mindworm and Judas Traveller, screw them. I am never using them.

So Judas Traveller is wondering why villains that were defeated by Spider-Man time and time again are obsessed with and hate Spider-Man? Just how dumb is he?

>, screw them. I am never using them.
Kek

Bravo sir! Let the madness contrive and continue!!!

When you think about it Judas is just a prototype of Morlun

>Bravo sir! Let the madness contrive and continue!!!
This

To be fair, Spider-Man villains have always been way more obsessive in their hatred of the hero they oppose than other rogue's galleries. How many heroes have had multiple villain teams created for the sole purpose of getting revenge on one person?

How so?

> How many heroes have had multiple villain teams created for the sole purpose of getting revenge on one person?
Batman, Captain America, Iron man, Superman, technically Thor.
Really it's a comic thing to love hate your do gooder.

Even if Peter died, I don't think Ben could easily take over his life. There's no way that MJ wouldn't notice since he has no memories of Peter's marriage to her.

The Clone Saga maybe Convoluted but AMS 400 was great send off.

Not really, say what you will about Morlun, but his motivations make sense. He wants to kill Spider-Man in order to feed on his totem powers. Judas Traveller is some weirdo that gives High School-level philosophy speeches and does dumb and nonsensical social experiments that prove nothing, and he has no real reason to be so obsessed with Spider-Man in particular.

To be honest, what CAN you do aside from fucking things more? Our current explanation makes his stories irrelevant, making it way better.

I guess he could be the villain in a Spider-Man and X-Men crossover.

At the start of the Clone saga mess both can take the title of "one of their most powerful and dangerous adversaries of Spider-man" both were originally mired in mystery of origins, both believed to be travels from other realms, both were major event antagonists used to move the plot and both have strangely similar and outdated fashion sense.

I think Judas could been a Doctor Strange Villain instead of spider.

Did they even show up again after this story? Were they also pawns of Scrier?

>outdated fashion sense.
With Traveller it's even weirder. He's supposed to be a famous respected scholar (although given how nonsensical everything he says is, you gotta wonder how he got his doctorate), yet nobody thinks he's weird that he dresses like this and has that weird hairstyle?

Maybe i run Conway Clone Saga after Ben Reilly epic. AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #139-150; and PETER PARKER, THE SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN (1976) #25-31, #149, #162-163 & ANNUAL #8

So is this the first time Judas Traveller ever used his powers like this? Is this the first time he ever did one of these dumb experiments? Or did he usually manage to cover it up and make people forget about them with his powers?
What exactly did he do to be so "respected"?

Welcome to one of the many, many plot holes of the clone saga.

Man, Peter Parker is being a huge dick in this story. No wonder so many readers back then prefered Ben.

They wanted to give Spider-Man a big, ancient, all-powerful enemy like the X-Men had with Apocalypse. But he didn't take, so they retconned his powers and everything he did into being illusions and shit.

I'm not really sure if Traveller was a Kavanagh brainchild at all. Kavanagh would have made him be H.O.M.E.R - Hyper Operational Mankind Evaluator Replicant - as opposed to DeMatteis' psychology laden and driven storylines going into evil and why it exists, which really seem to pinpoint Traveller as something he'd either come up with or love working with.

And I don't think Kavanagh ever touched Traveller again after the introduction.

>Man, Peter Parker is being a huge dick in this story.
It gets worse later .

Hey look Carnage again

why is Carnage floating?

>Wild Whip
Literally who? How does Ben know him?

90s

'cuz he was a two-bit villain who just so happened to be stuck in Ravencroft and who only ever fought Ben before being jailed.

No, they never went back to him, either.

Really? That's all it took to beat Carnage? It's usually a lot harder.

New costume

>It's usually a lot harder.
True

I actually like the idea of a villain who was arrested and then never managed to escape from prison. Seems more realistic.