>sci-fi movie
>is about god being real

That's the fiction part

>sci-fi movie
>people use swords

>sci-fi movie
>aliens are humans but green

>plot revolves around what it means to be human
Did any of those movies ever give a fucking answer?

>sci-fi movie
>"love" trumps science

>sci-fi movie
>science is inaccurate

>sci-fi movie
>aliens are humans

>sci-fi movie
>alien invaders are evolved humans from the future coming to murder us for the attrocities we haven't committed yet

Name three kinos

That's sci-fi/fantasy

Not that guy but Gurren laggan

>sci fi movie
>its an horror fantasy movie set in space

doesn't surprise me you morbid fucks have a hard time identifying with the idea of what it means to be human

I'm still mad at everyone praising Gravity's science when it just wildly jumps between stations with hundreds of kilometers of altitude differences
And Interstellar not understanding anything about gravity or orbiting

What are some sci-fi movies that aren't so gimmicky? Like they're just set in the future instead of it being a plot revolved around the dystopia or disfunction of some futuristic element

You wanna know why aliens and humans always have to fight in scifi movies? Because if that weren't the case, the autors had to actually come up with something.
>humanity meets aliens
>they start to cooperate
>actually get to see how aliens live, as opposed to only seeing their stormtroopers on blitzkrieg mode
...which probably is why District 9 is somewhat okay. But again, aliens have been humanized, and we don't get to see any of their actual lifestyle.
tl;dr: the fiction part is mostly a lie to cover up bad writing and bad science and a lack of imagination.

Wow it's almost like conflict makes for the most interesting stories
>waaaah why do people in Shakespeare plays fight all the time

basically this, ye. Or replace horror fantasy with bland action movie. Even worse.

Good point. What are some other movies in this style?
Except it's so overdone. For example in Arrival the realism made me much more engaged. I was excited and thinking about how this situation would play out if it happened tomorrow.

Except there are many ways conflicts may manifest and may be solved. Yet it's always a straight on blitzkrieg, no parley, and survival of the fittest. How fucking interesting is that?
Solid enough counterexample (even though you might not like the movie very much): Hitchhiker through the galaxy.

>sci-fi movie
>directed by a hack like Nolan or Villenueve, instead of Scott (semi-hack), Cameron, or Kubrick

>sci-fi movie
>character observes shiny spaceships

This italian kino that inspired arrival
youtube.com/watch?v=2Pxuc7sDAKE

>Sci-fi movie
>"And your other badge"

>sci-fi movie
>plot revolves around BIG LASER BATTLES PEW PEW PEW

>Arrival
This and Jurassic Park. Not enough sci-fi movies are focused on wonder and optimism. There's conflict, but a big draw is seeing something spectacular (dinosaurs, aliens) in a way that could and probably will happen some day

They would mention that in their lines but that's not what the movies really are about.

Its always about the pixie girls with strange colored hair

>Not enough sci-fi movies are focused on wonder and optimism
most pre-JFK death are, but they're also quite boring

>sci-fi movies
>the main guy never identifies himself as a scientist
>the main guy is a practical problem solver in contrast scientists only have impractical knowledge
>the main guy is a nice guy in contrast scientists are jerks and murderers
>the main guy is fit in contrast scientists are dead weights dragging him down
>the robot rebels
>the Soviet Russian space program is ridiculed before it saves people
Guess the movie

>sci-fi movie
>it's about fucking corn

>monster movie
>man is the real monster

fuck off

>sci-fi movie
>how we treat robots in the future is an allegory for how we treat minorities/immigrants

Dune is patrician tier you normie fuck.

>Man movie
>Monster is the real man

>corn
>in fucking space!
*organ sounds*

This.

Do lightsabers count as swords?

whoa...

Literally the worst book I've ever read. So laughable I'm still amazed that there are fucks like you who still take it seriously.

REEEEEEEEEEEE FUCKING ROASTIE
DELET THIS

Not the worst I've ever read, but it's down there.
>Jessica had to use every ounce of her training in that moment
fucking stupid hyperbolic shit like that ruined it