Admit it. Walking Dead would actually be watchable if Shane killed Rick instead

Admit it. Walking Dead would actually be watchable if Shane killed Rick instead.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WsyhN8So_-o&t=30
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>implying he wudnt habe gotten evry1 kill

*dashes out of the woods*

>implying any of the characters besides chinky dink (who died anyway) and daryl matter

The show would die without rick

>someone in existence actually believes this

He has been holding back the show for at least 5 seasons. He gives the show a boring and unsatisfying sense of safety and regularity that should not be present in an apocalyptic drama. He needs to die and carl becomes the new rick.

"hes korean"

Shane was only interesting within the character dynamic he had with Rick. It's a top-tier trope where the two characters are friends but have different views on how to handle a situation. I.E. Koba and Caesar, Moses and Ramses, Raylan and Boyd, etc... People would dig him at first, but his appeal would quickly drop off unless they made major changes to his character. Also, the group would have never made it this far with Shane in charge.

>the group would have never made it this far with Shane in charge.
>this is what rickfags actually believe

That's the direction the comic is taking, but I doubt they will with the show. Even though the writers hand him nothing but trash, Andrew Lincoln makes the most of it. The truth is that Carl's actor doesn't have the acting chops or charisma required to keep a sinking ship afloat.

It's the truth, friend. I'm not saying Rick is without fault, but everything about Shane's characterization indicates that he wouldn't have made a successful leader. He did a passable job of managing a small group after the initial breakout, but he has no talent in managing people or inspiring loyalty. The best a character like Shane could aspire judging by his character at the time of death would be leading a small group of people that raid the camps of others.

>A show with a world of premise and tons of source material to go off of and they run out of ideas before season fucking 2

Okay buddy. I'm sure during that season and a half long bout of rick's psychosis none of them wouldn't have jumped ship to Shane if he were still alive.

I'd rather neither had died. The conflict between them made for better tv than the rest of the show combined.

Whatever!

I don't think so. During that arc, the group had formed a 'council' to decide how things should be run, and they still wanted Rick in charge. We can't be sure how it would play out with Shane still in the dynamic, but what makes you think people would have went with him?

>they still wanted Rick in charge
That's because all of them are sheep without a shepherd. Rick would have been their shepherd

I was always a little fuzzy on how Rick became the de facto leader. Shane and the rest of the original party had managed to survive and live as well as possible for a long time. No walkers making it to their camp, not losing people, fairly successful little tribe.

The in comes Rick. He starts telling people what they can and cannot do, loses Merle, causes the camp to be discovered, loses several more people, fucks up what they've got going on in the farm, and just keeps making mistakes that ruin everyone else's lives.

I stopped watching a long time ago (fairly evident), mainly because I know that if I was in that situation, Rick would have been dead as soon as he started fucking up our fairly happy lives. That motherfucker would have had an accident real fast.

*Shane would have been their shepherd.

Haven't watched the show in seasons my brain doesn't have a strong connection between the characters and their names anymore.

They're sheep, no doubt. Truth be told, you made the right choice by quitting while you were ahead. Still, they had a choice in leader when the two of them were still working together. Shane already had control of the group and social standing, but Rick still managed to take over with little to no effort. He did to Shane what Negan did to Dwight.
The way I read it is that Rick was introduced in a place of high social standing within the group simple due to his close relationship with its leader. People saw that Rick was less extreme in policy, which at the time people favored, and gravitated towards him. Couple that with Shane's increasingly erratic behavior and strained relationships.

THANGZ WUZNT LIKE BEFOO REECK

youtube.com/watch?v=WsyhN8So_-o&t=30

He should have killed Rick and Laurie then raised Carl as a ruthless killing machine. That might have made the show interesting.

>raising another mans child

no, cucking wouldn't have made it interesting. He should have cast carl out into the woods to die (or survive on his own). Then couple seasons later they would run into each other again, and shane would accept carl into the group because he is surprised carl was strong enough to survive on his own for so long.