Will Disney ever make a pg-13 animation?

Will Disney ever make a pg-13 animation?

not in the near future, no. Disney is too well known for child friendly animation.

Will you ever not be a gigantic fucking faggot?

On a side note: that might be cool, but I think it would either flop or it'd be like the killing joke adaption where the rating has nothing to do with the content.

It's Disney, the mouse who has everything; they can afford to tank a hit.

I can't find a link anymore but pixar's animators did something PG-13-ish called Borrowed Time but I can't find the original video.

Isn't Frozen rated PG?

It's pretty funny how strict they've got with the rating system. Plenty of animated movies from the last 10 years have way more intense content. Not even counting shit from the 90's, 80's, or before.

Wasn't The Black Cauldron PG-13? Nearly had an R-rating at one point.

Hunchback of Notre Dame would probably be the closest thing to it, but they still shoved in those fucking gargoyles.

>B-but, the Gargoyles were all in his head
Doesn't matter, their scenes were still shit.

>Disney is too well known for child friendly animation

You know, that's not gonna change soon, so what's the excuse?

bump

>implying they didn't already

Disney's movies are so kid-friendly even the PG ones just stand for "pre-natal guidance suggested."

I've never seen this, how horrible was it anyway?

The only PG-13 animated movies released under Disney were made by Studio Ghibli and Disney just did the English dubs and the US distribution.

Princess Mononoke and Tales from Earthsea were released under Disney while The Wind Rises was released under Touchstone Pictures.

Mononoke was Miramax until the Blu-ray release where Disney straight up released it.

Yes, I know that.

But Tales from Earthsea was Disney since they first released it in the US.

Laika probably will before Disney. What's stopping them really? I feel like trying to be in the middle is holding them back a bit.

>already have a movie where a kid said "sex"
>his highschool sister's butt got grabbed by a middle schooler
>male character flat out says that they have a boyfriend

It's pretty good. It has an all-star voice cast (inc. Mark Hamill), and the story line is taken directly from from the comic books. It's pretty easy to find online; totally worth the watch.

Sure. It would just be under their non-family name

>Tales from Earthsea
Whoa whoa whoa hold up. When did the Earthsea series get an animated movie, and is it any good?

Gnomeo and Juliet was a Touchstone movie even if it was rated G, I don't know why they did this.

The Wind Rises was also a Touchstone movie and it got a PG-13 but I wondered why they even had to release it under Touchstone when Tales from Earthsea and Princess Mononoke also got PG-13 ratings and those were Disney.

Studio Ghibli made an Earthsea movie, many people said it was shit but when I watched it, I actually found it to be actually pretty good but not great.

Probably a 7/10 for me.

>Studio Ghibli made an Earthsea movie, many people said it was shit but when I watched it, I actually found it to be actually pretty good but not great.

Earthsea is a really simple little story that somehow every adaptation gets wrong.

They also always get the main character's name wrong. I don't know how you do that once let alone twice.

NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS YOU STUPID FUCKS

That was just rated PG.

But it was Touchstone Pictures.

why would they want to?
unless something to warrant that rating, scariness violence etc. is integral to the plot there is no need to fit it in

Touchstone Pictures is owned by Disney and is literally there just so they can make movies for adults and put movies they don't think is that good for children (so basically they put some PG movies under Touchstone.)

The reason The Nigtmare Before Christmas was put under Touchstone was because Disney thought it would be too scary for children.

A Kingdom Hearts film, if The Mouse ever decides to make one, would probably end up being PG-13.

>The reason The Nightmare Before Christmas was put under Touchstone was because Disney thought it would be too scary for children.

I guess they're starting to regret that now given its popularity.