I just watched this while high, holy shit this is the scariest shit I've ever seen

I just watched this while high, holy shit this is the scariest shit I've ever seen

I watched the first two movies yesterday. Not too impressed. How did Pinhead become such a horror icon? A teenage girl made him her bitch. The cenobites were really incompetent. Did they ever get their shit together in the other sequels?

don't watch the shitty sequels

Everything after the 2nd movie is complete trash

The second one is good.

It's not what they do in the movies but the implication

DUDE

I would love to find the box, with great pain comes unfathomable pleasure.
Its a good movie a few of them where shit the most recent I watched and enjoyed was hellraiser inferno

first one is horror kino, whether viewed high or not. second one, which i watched because Sup Forums said it was good, was actually shit, and i havent bothered with the ones after that. whats so good about the second, i thought it was horrible

Second is better imo
Third and fourth are mostly shit but okay if you're really into the lore
Everything else is pure unfiltered garbage

Why didn't they make Frank Cotton the main villain of the franchise? Sure he has that token scene in part 2, but he should have been the cenobites' nemesis.

I haven't seen the second movie. What bothered you about it?

the sheer number of different versions around because it's been edited more than michael jackson's nose.

for example, the cut with the doctor cenobites is very rare.

The only redeeming aspect of part 2 was the cool MC Escher inspired sets for the underworld.

OH DUDE IM SO HIGH I JUST SMOKED SOME PAKISTANI CUSH AAAA MY BRAIN CELLS ARE SO WASTEDD BROOOO

Never knew they released more than one cut.

I thought the second one was alright since the sets were interesting, but it wasn't as good as the first.

They went straight to shit right after that. The comics are pretty neat though.

holy shit, 10/10

Is the novella worth readimg? I read that one part where they overload his senses and he can feel, see, taste, hear, and smell every little thing, and was effective for me because I can relate.

>second one, which i watched because Sup Forums said it was good, was actually shit,

The more the Americans got involved in the series, the more shit it became. I like the second film though and just see the first and second as one long continuation.

I hate it whenever a sequel feels the need to give us a recap of what happened in the last movie. It seems like nothing happens in the first half hour of Hellraiser 2.

there's like a dozen. there's at least six cuts of the original film, too - in Skinny Puppy's song "Worlock" there's a sample of Frank saying "Brothers should be close - don't you think?" which isn't in most of them.

>The comics are pretty neat though.

i tend to disagree. a lot of the artwork is sloppy in a half-assed attempt to imitate Sandman, and the writing is shit-tier - someone will be attacked with an umbrella and they'll pause in mid-fight to shout "UNH! Being.. attacked.. by an UMBRELLA! MUST DODGE!"

they - and when i say "they" i mean specifically Marc McLauren - tried to reduce Clive Barker's vision to capeshit.

we got a decent motorhead song out of the 3rd one

>Is the novella worth reading?

yes. you may be surprised how closely the film follows it, except Barker was free to be a lot more descriptive in the text.

> watches first film obsessively
> paints the four unique sides of the box into photoshop
> arranges them around a cube in Rhino
> spins the cube
> screenshots, animated gif

No the 3rd is a decent slasher.
4th has issues but is good overall, could have been great if they hadn't butchered it in editing like Halloween 6. It actually took things seriously unlike fucking Jason X.
With 4 you must respect the scope they were going for with it being a generational multiple century spanning epic.

Interesting. Well, the version on Netflix is convenient, so that's the one I'll eventually watch.