What did Kubrick mean by this?

What did Kubrick mean by this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/z9dg8PI2sEg
youtube.com/watch?v=20QBe43tyVM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Its a bull-like stare, its got a name and associated mythology behind it. Several characters of his take on this look at some point in the films. Read/lurk moar

DUDE MENTAL ILLNESS LMAO

I dunno but Jack Nicholson's crazy act in the Shining was laughable. Any edgy fuck who tries to act like a supposed crazy psychopath does the same mannerisms, its just embarrassing.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Oh shit good call

>act

how many crazy psychopaths have you interacted with?

I bet one of the monkeys does it in 2001

this shit is literally called the kubrick stare
its not a secret, its one of his signatures
its not like you faggots stumbled onto something

Try a bit harder

You're not wrong. My dad used to stick guns in my mouth and threaten to pull the trigger if I didn't stop crying. He beat the shit out of all of us. Hollywood has never portrayed violent, mentally ill people accurately. The Shining is a very good film, though.

This. newfags need to be gassed

What is this pseudoscience bullshit

Brapposter detected

Chinese one

lmao nice

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

One trick pony

wow thats deep

What did Vlacil mean by this?

Lmao yeah they would find a way to make out people who’s eyes open all the way to be a bad thing

That's him asking you, idjit.

WOKE

youtu.be/z9dg8PI2sEg

This is dumb, Kubrick only directed the first two movies in that picture.

A really fun thing to do is stand over your mother or girlfriend, with this stare, while she's sleeping. It makes you feel powerful, knowing their life is in your hands, and it's a hilarious talking point over breakfast when they wake up to your face looming over them in the dark.

How much does anyone know about Vivian Kubrick? I'd never heard of her before a minute ago. She's a filmmaker, she's single and a scientologist. I'm pretty sure that means she would be open to talking to random people.

that was really shit and unfunny

I think it is funny that you watered down an otherwise sick and twisted post with a phrase like "talking point."

>It makes you feel powerful, knowing their life is in your hands

Sorry, here's a better Mega64 video.

youtube.com/watch?v=20QBe43tyVM

Thanks for letting us know, we’ll try to do better next time

MDE really is the only halfway decent online comedy group

MDE is absolute shit and you only like them because they're "our guys." The fact of the matter is, right wing humor is painfully unfunny and that's why right wing comedy writers never get work.

Alex Jones is friends with her. He talks about her occasionally.

Penislet detected. I just show women my cock to feel powerful.

you watch a videogame """""comedy"""" group shut your fucking hole, cunt

Holy fucking shit thank you. I'm in Austin and have actually been a call in on his show before. Also mutual friends. Oh boy muh wheels are turnin

They’re better than like 90% of the shit on TV but there are other great comedy groups online too faggot

Shut the fuck up, nerd

what are you thinking of doing?

Movie/documentary

So far the cast/crew:
Vivian Kubrick
Alex Jones
Shelley Duvall
Me I guess

?
that face portrays a pretty clear emotion and also it's different from this
are you guys autistic and can't read faces?

Literally me

I show women my ass so they no I don't take shit.

I've been listening to Kubrick interviews on YouTube. I've never heard him speak before, his voice is more normal than I expected.

Goddamn, why do I gotta look like them. I mean I don't go around making that face, but I just look like I could replace either if ever the situation called for it.

Have unironically been noticing the one-eye-off thing a lot lately. Wondered WTF was going on.
It comes off like a mix of the person being cross-eyed or wall-eyed.

I'm guessing the issue could be caused by asymmetrical muscle tightening around the eyes.
Like a weird subconscious version of the Popeye squint.

HMMMMMMMMM

I was expecting a picture of Linkara.

When I shake hands I do so limply to establish I'm not a threat.

>shaking hands
Stop that shit, you're a threat because you're spreading germs.
White people need to start bowing like the Japs, we'll be thinkfull we did in the long run.

hmmmm

literal perfection

>Stop that shit, you're a threat because you're spreading germs.
Grow a functioning immune system you germaphobe. It's inevitable you're going to come into contact with foreign germs no matter how autistic you are- the only difference is your body won't be prepared

Kruger in Elysium when he's terrorizing the other and child.
That was accurate af. The game playing/baiting, the voice modulation and sudden escalation of aggression.
Poor old Sharlto has definitely had someone do that to him in his life.

Same with Richard E Grant in Withnail and I.
The reason he was able to portray a toxic, unpredictable, moody, narcissistic, but charming drunk so well
without ever having touched a drop, was because he was copying his father's behavior.
(Who legit tried to kill him in one incident)

*mother and child

Friendly reminder the shining was razzie nominated that year, and i hated it on my first watch

Golden Rasperries are a shitty meme award. Remember literally none of the catagories last year included Ghostbusters 2016, even if they included actresses involved as nominees for other projects.

>right wing """banter"""

If you want to make up for that, look up George R.R. Martin interviews. His voice is so awful that you will have no idea why people like Game of Thrones.

It's a shame Elysium is a terrible movie, but that just shows that Sharlto Copley is one of the best actors out there. He was so far above anyone else in that movie it's embarrassing.

Is it generally conceded that Elysium was intended to be 3D?

I wouldn't know, but I have always found 3D to be a shitty gimmick that drags down the movie so if a movie does stuff specifically for 3D viewings that is usually a mark against it.

Actually, I just looked it up and Blomkamp doesn't seem to like 3D much so I think it's unlikely that it was his intention:
>BLOMKAMP: It’s a really complex discussion. If you were to show a child who’s six months old right now, a 48 fps film when they’re 20, it would be as familiar to them as you watching 24 fps HD. It’s very much a generational thing. But, for people that are our age, there may be an alien quality to 48 or 60 fps that distances you from it, in a way that I’m waiting to see if the audience gets behind or rejects. It has such a hyper-realism about it that the cinema may be taken away, a little bit. For me, I don’t like it. But, that’s just me, personally. I prefer 24 fps. I definitely prefer 2D over 3D, and that’s a personal preference thing. But, the closer I am to cinema that I grew up with, where I feel like I’m watching a film and I’m in the state of mind that I want to be in when I’m entering a different world, I feel like some of that really crazy hi-res, high frame rate stuff separates me from it. And 3D sometimes has the same affect.

While it's true that the Razzies are shit and have always been shit, it's also true that The Shining was poorly received in general back when it came out. Would make me feel bad for Kubrick if I didn't know he's watching us from heaven probably feeling pretty satisfied about his success.

Of course, in my case I watched the film and couldn't understand why anyone would hate such an amazing work of art, but it's always hard to tell how much we're influenced by public perception of the film. Which is why I try to avoid looking at what other people think before I watch a film I'm interested in, but some films have such a reputation that it's hard to avoid. I'd like to think I would have enjoyed it regardless of what others thought, though.