ITT: Modern movies that weren't that well received but will be severely underrated in 20 years time

>ITT: Modern movies that weren't that well received but will be severely underrated in 20 years time

You mean movies are going to get worse, or the general populace is going to get dumber?

Dracula Untold
>REMOVE
>TURKS

OP I think you posted the wrong movie

How is the Mummy really a bad movie? Yes it has some cheesy stuff but then come on, movies 20 years ago had cheesy stuff in them.

Re-watching it, the chemistry Cruise has with the blonde lead is actually really good and cute.

This will be rated Cruise's most underrrated performance years to come because those who watch his movies in future will realize how different Cruise's acting in this is: selfish when he usually plays the hero. He isn't a hero in this until the end when he decides to sacrifice himself.

SUCH A POWERFUL ENDING.

This generation of capeshit does not understand the powerfulness of this film but the next generation will.

I actually want to see them be romantic now

I like how Tom teased her all through production

>I like how Tom teased her all through production
They were meant to do a kissing scene but last minute Cruise went "nahh" and left her feeling so annoyed with him.

How does one man play so hard to get?

certainly not cruise mummy. this one will though. had it come out like 15 years ago, it would be as fondly remembered as the brendan mummies now. we basically punished it for being made in the wrong decade.

>on set with Tom she waves at some people
>Tom: oh who's that?
>Those are my friends
>Really?
>Tom waves at them causing them to scream their heads off
>now they're my friends too :3

It was certainly original take on mythology that had the balls to outright say that it's reimagining treating its source material loosely.
I'm suprised it didn't go full WE WUZ.
Some of its CGI was genuinely shit even for today though.

why does that stargate have 11 chevrons? all other gates had 9

>Some of its CGI was genuinely shit even for today though

so was the mummy returns. seriously, watch that shit in 1080p

A wizard did it

>You need another two to dial dimension of the gods.
Do you even movie?

there's a shitton of visual cues to or design elements outright copied from Stargate in GOE. already one second in, you see the Earth point of origin symbol, which has no precedent in Egyptian iconography at all. and I could list like 5 other things off the top of my head

which video is this?

It was still a bad movie with cringe inducing moments. How about comic relief ghost buddy? Or those scene:
>its the tomb!
>these chains and locks aren't to keep people out, but keep something in
>better shoot it see what happen

Like full body version of this?

Hijak the movie

>Split wasn't well received
You never bothered to check did you

pretty much. the design of horus' transformer form is totally copied from the horus guards (again, those three "feather" stripes on the sides, whatever those are supposed to represent, don't even exist in egyptian iconography)

I was hoping someone else would do this with all the wheat on the planet and the cowboy hat the guy was wearing, had me thinking about the David and the xenos as farmers or something