Cont. : >>89644112

cont. : You fags are wrong if you throw this ship away just because PB is too old.

Her (current) arc resolves around her becoming a more human person, not just a strict ruler but someone who embraces stuff they didnt even believe in before. That makes her rediscover her persona, personality, all that stuff. She is actually becoming younger in a sense. Combining that with Finn becoming more adult means that they can actually fit to each other. That wasnt possible at the beginning, because PB was more artificial and Finn was just a kid going on his adventures. Now its quite different, I think. If anyone was truly the endgame for Finn, it was PB. They just had to grow as people.

Still it probably wont happen because
>there is too little time to explore that idea
>there are too many ships and its easier to make Finn alone than anything else.

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/12273348/r
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>They still think Fubblegum has a chance.
>They think Finn sees her as anything more than a friend now

Fubblegum has the same chance as every other finn pairing you dumb weeb which is 0%

I give HW about a 40% chance. Rest are zero though.

Any real love interest for Finn is dead since we have 32 episodes left and they would need time to build up on it with at least 10 which won't happen. I was hoping for a sequel with Finn's son in the future of Ooo and we eventually learn who the mom is but meh too far fetched and this show might never get a sequel as good as it is.

Anyone remember when Google Image Search wasn't a giant fucking joke?

Bubble-butt is gay, get over it already.

▲▲

Has it ever occured to you that bubbline is going to happen not because the writers ae pandering to fags, but because THEY want it themselves? People here like to think the only reason anyone would ever do lesbians in cartoons is because they want to look progressive. What if the writers do that sort of things because they enjoy doing it?
There is truly no hope for us fubblefags. And not because of the fag loving part of the fanbase, the writers just have shit taste.

>Forgetting the forceful shipping of PB and Marceline on part of the creators
>inb4 they're not being shipped by the creators

End game for Finn is either HW (as is now more hinted at than any other ship thus far) and that's not saying much Or being alone and remembering he's jsut some dude that wants to go on an adventure.
Still, none will beat his best romance. The Pillow Wife

Fin had his chance at happiness, but he ruined it by being a sperg

I dont really care what they want or what they will do since its going to be shit anyway, I just made a logical conclusion as to why PB seems the best fit for Finn as the endgame "girl". I dont think they will go that way but it just makes sense.
>Still, none will beat his best romance. The Pillow Wife
Cant argue with that.

> cont.
Thread should get deleted for being an "AT general".

She's also a dyke.

It will never happen because there would be too many tears about 'lesbian erasure' if they made her go straight. Besides there's no chemistry there. PB is a tyrannical dyke blob of goo who reigns over a nation of servile idiots she engineered, Finn needs to leave her and never come back.

I wouldn't be surprised if in post AT commentary it was explained that PB was like an older, smart sister to Finn the whole time.

Fuck, it's going to be awful, I can feel it.

I don't get why people keep shooting down the chance of FP and Finn getting together again.
They already made up in Bun Bun.

I think Canyon or HW would be better though, given how they're not as tied down as any of the Princesses. (No kingdom to worry about)

In any case I just want Finn to be happy in the end, and he already seems to be on the right path for that. Maybe he'll become a doctor like his mom, and possibly get with DP.

No, I understand creators may want a gay couple in their cartoon because they like the idea.

However, my skepticism towards AT is a lot more intense due to the fact that years prior they said "No, never going to fucking happen, shut up, there's no lesbian ship between Marceline and Princess Bubblegum."

Lo and behold, they start shoving them together rather forcefully (as compared to any other decently built romance). This is after /sug/ is heavily involved as well as a spike in Tumblr's popularity as a website AND Tumblr's outcry for the lesbian ship.

>That spoiler
I would actually be incredibly satisfied with that ending.

Man, if FP and Finn could do a romance, I'd fucking welcome it. However, story wise and character wise, it's very unlikely. They had a rough end to their relationship (which had its share of EXTERNAL problems) and, when they made up in Bun Bun, it was as friends.

NOW.. I can see the friendship becoming romance again if they dedicated a few episodes of them being together and the rekindling (hurrhurr, fire joke) of a love interest. But AT is running out of time man. Now's not the time to mix up new ships into what is available now.

So far the running mates are HW, Canyon I honestly don't see how, but I realized I missed some episodes concerning her. Is there really a connection between her and Finn or is that the delusions of fandom?, or being Alone.

>Finn figures out the best way to help people is to is through medicine, and becomes a wandering doctor. Curing ailments wherever he goes, and prescribing ass-kickings when necessary.
Yes please.

>lesbian erasure

Hold on. Hold on.
Marceline's Bisexual. She's had men before on the show.

Same with PB. She's dated some of her candy subjects. VERY first episode. And that one dude that loved her.

AND we saw a lesbian pair already in Islands, Susan Strong and her friend

So really the creators have a fucking out if they decide to tank the Bubbaline ship. I'm getting hope!

I don't think bubbline has been built up masterfully or anything, but it definitely makes more sense than fubblegum at this point.

they built a relationship in only 3 episodes.
32 eps are more than enough to mend things.

Hm.

True.

>at this point
That's the thing
Around the time that they started leaning more and more towards Bubbaline they also introduced elements that removed the potential for a Finn and PB relationship.

Look around... what'd be the episode? The Door Master? That episode was the very obvious beginning of the end. See Finn pining after PB, but PB pining after Marcy.

lesbians, lesbians everywhere...

Don't mind me, just came in to say that Varmints made me 100% okay with Bubbline.

Fucking hell. Shipping is DEAD in AT. Finn is now canonically celibate. Just go find a hole to die in already.

I'm not reading through the last thread but did anyone express the disappointment of Finnceline? The older rebellious mysterious girl and the younger boy is a fucking god tier ship everytime. But the. Marceline became a complete non entity unless she was pinning over PB. They really shat the bed with her character, her creaming herself when she saw Susan being the last nail in the coffin.

Aw I want this so badly now. Finn being a cool guy who wanders more around the outer reaches of Ooo helping out and teaching people how to defend themselves instead of needing a hero to save them all the time.

Shit, if he got Fern around taking care of the usual spots in Ooo he has free reign to go wherever he wants.

Love discussions like these.

You bring up some good points, OP. You're right, PB is fundamentally changing. It's almost like she's the original, cool PB, but with a lot less self-seclusion and weird experimenting. She's BBQ party PB, but actually more mature and self-aware.

But I don't think this points to PB + Finn being an OTP. If you've noticed, in a way, Finn has actually helped PB grow up. In fact, at the moment it's really become a brother/sister relationship. I think there is definitely, a deep deep caring that they have for each other, but it's not romantic. At one point, it was. For example, Season 3, Episode 5 (Too Young). But PB realized it first. In that very episode, even. Then Finn realized it, uh, about 2 seasons later or something. Then they both came to a mutual understanding.
You could see this for certain when Finn accepted that Huntress Wizard didn't want a romantic relationship with him. HW's message of "exceptional beasts like us cannot fall in love" actually resonated with Finn. Now do you really think he wants to push the PB and Finn sandwich ordeal again? Finn's love relationship with PB was a growing stage for Finn.
Going back to PB looking for a new relationship would be undermining all of the development he's gone through. It would be cliche. It would be unfitting. Out of character. It would definitely be backwards-moving. Episodes like Hall of Egress and the like show how important Finn's development is in the show. While frankly that's a wonderful image, OP, probably not. Probably not.

That's something people have been disappointed with for years dude. Let's not even get started on shipping, Marceline and Finn barely talk anymore. And have you noticed how practically every story Marceline was in tried to involve Finn as little as possible? I don't know why they want to segregate her from Finn so badly but they sure as hell do a good job of it.

What MAIN mysteries/stories need to be tied up still?

>Backstories/Origins of Simon, Marceline, Jake, PB, Susan and now Finn all covered
>Mushroom War pretty well known
>Four elementals explained
>Finn arm

All I can really pinpoint is that we don't know what Cosmic Crime Martin committed.

I think the writers quickly realised that fubblegum was a "mistake" so to speak. It was easy to write in the first two seasons when it was just a zany, silly show with the hero boy having a crush on the princess, but when it started to treat itself a little more seriously, and as Finn matured, they saw that writing a bonefied romance between the two wouldn't work and were essentially forced to retcon it entirely.

They made her revolve around PB pure and simple. And if it wasn't her it was Simon. Don't get me wrong, good back story, touching even, but at one point she had a relationship with Finn but yeah it was all gone. She either existed in the present to continually reconcile with PB, such an over used plot point, or existed in flash backs. She lost her personality to become a prop for a lesbian ship or prop for a tragic back story.

Funny you bring up the brother/sister aspect, because in the earlier eps it was definitely a case of surrogate mother/son.
But yeah, nowadays I think they're more like Brother and Sister. Or at least a relationship of mutual respect.

I don't see how initially it wouldn't work.

PB was a bubbly princess of a sugarry sweet candy kingdom that was, more or less, ageless.
Got weird though when they introduced her as 13 year old version, putting more emphasis on her current teenage version

Fantasy shows, movies, and any other media has never had a problem before (whether for adults or children) the idea of a nigh-immortal person falling in love with a mortal, despite the massive age difference.

^ I bring that up because that's the argument I see the most by folks who thought it would never work.

So... why wouldn't it work? From the beginning, mind you. Not after they purposely inserted elements to make it not work (i.e. Her being a crazy BIG BROTHER IS ALWAYS WATCHING leader)

early on it would totally work, PB was ditsy and fun and even flirty at times early on, not too far away from young lad Finn.
after the Lich they backpeddled hard and PB changed into something quite different.

Good example of this seperation.

Marceline sold Finn's house to Jake's son for a fucking guitar.

Out of fucking nowhere.

I'm just thinking "Da fuq?" We just went over how Marceline likes Finn and wouldn't pull a dick move like that.

Which they did with all the subtlety of a 747 crashing into a nitroglycerin factory. I stand by that there was a period where the writing staff actively hated Finn and went out there way to make him the loser of his own show. You know how you properly do Fubblegum? It's fucking easy, it starts with the boy having a crush on the princess, yes, easy. Then he grows, matures, PB can stop reciprocating with hugs and cheek kisses like you would a little brother fine because he's not that, he's maturing before her. It's a slow burn, PB growing to admire and be proud of him growing up and Finn while harboring feelings sure actively is the hero and his uncompromising attitude to always be the hero is what earns him the adoration of the princess. But no, they turned PB into an oblivious totalitarian ruler and Finn into a sad snack. The damage was done.

That was at least keeping in line with her original characterization.
That's totally something Marceline would do in like season 1 or 2. Didn't really fit her then but sometimes she reverts back for a bit.

Yeah, that's what I'm saying. This character change drives me to drink!

If you guys are really going to make comparisons to PB's S1 self, need I remind you how largely immature and naive Finn was in the earlier seasons.
He was a kid, and you could tell that he was a kid.
Not fit for any kind of relationship with any Princess.

You and me both Backslide.
They tried making it consistent with her character in the grand scheme of things.

I ain't complaining about Finn because his changes make sense at least, but this is PB's timeline
>make kingdom
>over time become crazy hardcore politician and shit, serious as fuck
>hundreds of years later Finn and Jake show up
>for a very brief time act like a nice, mostly regular princess gal
>then like two years later back to being candy Machiavelli for no discernible reason

They tried but it didn't really make sense from a grand scheme view of things.

And no matter how much we discuss, the damage is done.

We might have HW or Canyon to look forward too, or perhaps they can just toss romance into the dustbin and just have a good solid hero-ending...

But at least we can look back to Roselinen.

I just now got the fucking joke in her name

Man, I really hate Kim Kil Whan the most out of Jakes kids.

Charlie > Viola > TV > Jake Jr > Kim Kil Whan

Stuff that has to be done:
> the resolution to Betty/IK plotline
> Fern's plotline (+that grass curse thing)
> resolution to the 4 elementals' plotline
> SweetP/Lich
Stuff that will most likely be done:
> the return of Gross and Tiffany
> an episode about Susan and Freida
Unnecessary stuff that would be nice:
> Martin's cosmic crime
> something about Moe's ivolvment with the fire elementals and human colony
> more info on PB's past (that rebellion and imprisoned dude BG 16 mentions)

Maybe it's just personal preference then, because I never saw their relationship as anything more than a one-sided crush, and PB as an older sister type to him. It would've felt weird to me to have them get together after that phase, I'm happier with the point that they're at now with their relationship.

Too Young shouldn't have even happened IMO, but I can justify it as PB reverting back to a more childlike mindset.

Meh, for me it's

Viola > Jake Jr > Charlie > Kim Kil Whan > TV

Fucking... TV hurts to watch. And at least KKW got some redemption points with his episodes.

Viola was a cute though.

A CUTE

Bubbline will probably let him join them when he's older

I can see how you see that PB can only see Finn as the kid we all see, see?

But along the way they really push a mutual feeling going on there. Especially with PB turning to a kid. Still can't understand how that happened. Always felt like I missed an episode.

I'm just venting, the FinnPB, Finnceline, those ships are sunk to the bottom of the ocean. At this point the boy deserves better. Hell htey may as well have Jungle Princess swing out of nowhere, her first time in the spot light and line is her proclaiming she's taking Finn to be her husband because he is a capable warrior. Then they can live happily ever after and snusnu every night.

It was one sided crush because Finn was just a kid, that was the whole point. If they havent made all those changes with Finn and PB, we would have gotten a classic knight/princess story today, with some twists I guess. They just buried everything with nonsense.

>But no, they turned PB into an oblivious totalitarian ruler and Finn into a sad snack.
We are not watching the same show.
You're just mad because your ship isn't set to sail.
Stop being mad and enjoy the show again with Shipping goggles OFF this time.

I'm not that guy, but while I did find fault in the middle seasons, I didn't feel it nearly as drastic as you do. And that's probably because I cared about the characters as people, and not objects to pair up with Finn.
Finn went through some shit because he was at that age where you fuck shit up. And then he matured. That's all.

PB was on the grey side of morality from the START. And at NO point was she a totalitarian ruler. Everything she did, she did because she truly cared for her people. Something a totalitarian ruler does not.

Maybe it's just the long standing idea that the hero should always get the princess. He could've grown into it with PB but they cut that off at the knees with her being a lesbo, staunchly saying no to Finn, and having her lose most of her emotions in favor of science and being a ruler.

Honestly if I didn't know better, I'd think this guy is just mad at PB's characterization because she's not Finn-shippable nor fits into his square peg of expectations.

> And at NO point was she a totalitarian ruler. Everything she did, she did because she truly cared for her people. Something a totalitarian ruler does not.
You clearly don't know what the word "totalitarian" means. PB is 100% a totalitarian leader (a dictator, in fact), just a benevolent one.
> PB was on the grey side of morality from the START
Well, yes. It's not really her being morally ambigious that came out of nowhere. But you have to admit her overall mannerism and treatment of other characters (not just Finn) has changed VERY drastically in S4-S5.

Shut up Jake, go humiliate your Granddaughter.

There was a point where PB became pretty unlikable, you're lying to yourself if you deny that. They've dialled that back almost completely which is good but the mishandling was jarring and left a bad taste in the mouth.

Different user here.

>Totalitarian
>relating to a system of government that is centralized and dictatorial and requires complete subservience to the state.

>Dictatorial
>having or showing a tendency to tell people what to do in an autocratic way.

PB is a benevolent dictator, but a dictator none the less.

The seasons that show her as such has the episodes doing so stand out, easily overshadowing all teh good, or other bad, that happened.

She sneaks into Firekingdom to fuck up their super defense weaponry, despite no provocation, EVER, occuring between them, EVER.

We've seen her bug her Candy Citizens

We've seen starchy run away from the candy kingdom, ditching said-bug

We see PB willing to murder a bunch of aliens just flying by, JUST to have some candy-colonized worlds.

We see PB create Candy Soldiers, the bubblegum machine dudes, and then DISMANTLE them, destroying them all. Essentially creating and then terminating life. (And don't argue they were robots. They're about as living as anything else in the mystical weird world of Ooo)

I'm sure there's more but I'm tired.

Yes PB has done good. She legitamately cares for her people and is pretty nice to folk. BUT she pulls bullshit. She's a BENEVOLENT dictator, but a dictator none-the-less who rules by whim.

And if you bring of the King of Ooo thing, that was again purely her whim. She didn't feel like dealing with the bullshit and her feelings got hurt, so she left. Not because it was the system of government, but because she felt bad.

>I can see how you see that PB can only see Finn as the kid we all see, see?

Ouch, but you're exaggerating a little there pal.

>But along the way they really push a mutual feeling going on there. Especially with PB turning to a kid. Still can't understand how that happened. Always felt like I missed an episode.

Her age changed at the end of season 2 but it was really bizarre I agree. I read somewhere that they changed her age because they weren't sure if they were going to get renewed for more seasons, and then when they did, they quickly backpedaled.

I still don't think their relationship would've worked, even before they changed her personality. But once again, that's personal preference.

meant for

I think the original idea when AT was starting is Finn has to live his life until he is actually suitable to someone like PB. It was very apparent till the introduction of FP. I mean, it was good and actually logical to introduce a woman Finn can date with but at the same time thay made PB distant and cold towards Finn. And then FP left.

So basically it was probably a simple love story about a boy becoming a man in order to get a woman but some people joined and said
>what if we actually make this cartoon deeper with drama shit

Adding more and more lesbians, I just cant tell what the fuck is going on anymore to be honest.

do you think a 13 y/o girl could be a viable love interest for you? no pedo.

No matter how mature the 13 y/o acts they'd never become your love interest

Writers probably dont know aswell since they shuffle with personalities like hell. Look at Pajama Wars, its pathetic when you compare that to other episodes.

No one can. That's why these discussion threads are always more chaotic than with threads based on other shows, such as Voltron or Star Vs.

Their stories are clear cut and solidly built. AT has had a 'lot' of loop-d-loops.

Though we can't hate on them a lot for that. They have been around for nearly 10 years. Strains start to show in anything for that long

There gonna pull a regular show or finn will end up alone these are the best options

>If they can pull off the "Where are they now" or "10 years later" bit like in RS then I wouldn't mind.

Fucking late though. Time to sleep.

This.
AT has always been a mix of the fantastic and the mundane, and in reality most people in the developed world marry/settle down with people they did not know growing up.
Finn will end up with a human woman from the islands.

will they be able to set aside sufficient time in the remaining episodes to develop an entirely new character?

They don't need to. They can just give a flashforward to Finn with some random woman at the end (someone resembling Roselinen would be cool). I would be fine with that.

>muh shipping!
they don't need to develop her, they just need to show enough to imply in the last montage that Finn found someone and they are happy.

Was there any interviews or commentaries or whatever where AT staff responded to shipping crap? Did they ever explain their intentions?

no

the writes say shit but it often conflicts with shit other writers say, there is no show bible answer yet.

it isnt really interesting to have someone end up with someone we dont know, its better to see just how they get along and play of each other

I hope they never do. Let the fan do their own thing. The writers shouldn't dictate what can or can't be discussed.

It would be more satisfying to see Finn show how he's matured within a relationship IMO, rather than just slap one on at the end. It would make all the drama bullshit with FP and PB worth it in a way.

The Pajama War is the only recent thing you can watch to get assured that shipping in this cartoon is useless. What's even the point?

>be me
>watching the pajama war
>oh shit its happening
>fast forward today
>its all gone

Why do I even care at this point

> be me
> watching Bun Bun
> oh shit its happening
> oh wait it doesn't

Be grateful for what you got.

>be me
>watching Breezy
>oh shit its happening
>never mentioned again

Fuck this show man.

You dont know what are you talking about

>FP
>a princess who rules her kingdom, fair and square
>PB
>became a lesbian for a character that doesnt matter anymore

Both were butchered but I'd say Flinnfags got it easier.

lets settle this

strawpoll.me/12273348/r
only consensus can settle the score

>watching the pajama war
> watching Bun Bun
>be happy Finn is getting to have and grow healthy relationships with others
>getting to watch shippers wallow in their virgin angst

Its objectively Roselinen, because he actually went somewhere with her. Everyone else is a failure.

She's dating a retarded pastry though.

I am just waiting for the AT finale so I can kill myself. Seeing early Finn and PB episodes were genuinely one of my happiest moments in my life. Now that is mostly gone, I have to be sure that I wont get what I want, so I can end myself at last.

Maybe its for my good, why should I even live when something as trivial as cartoon pairings make me happy.

But isn't that the most mature part? To have female friends who you don't feel the need to date?

I sincerely hope you're joking. Hopefully you find what you want out of life before it ends user.

Sure that's part of it, but it'd be nice to see him show maturity in a relationship as well.

tis a glorious thing

They kiss in the comics when finn is 21
so why wouldn't it be possible

now this was a useless shitty episode...

where can I read these comics?

she should split in 2 so finn has a gf his own age and marcy gets a little sister

The mental gymnastics of Fubblgum fags is astounding.
They are not getting together lol move the fuck on. She does not care about Finn.

We can simplify it even more.

No one will ever get together.
It doesnt matter what happens
Its just a stupid cartoon and nothing there has any influence on our world.

Now we can stop discussing any cartoon ever.

>being this asshurt your ship won't happen
Finn's a loser and not good enough for PB

idk where online but i bought them

there are bravest warrior comics and in the comics they commit genocide and danny is the only one that is scared by it

I am not butthurt because Fubblegum wont happen, I am butthurt because they did everything they could to ruin that pairing and make PB a lesbian when it didnt really make sense. There are people who are butthurt about FP. There are people who are butthurt about other stuff. They didnt do one thing but did the other which was a lot worse. Thats the issue.

Pretty simple.