Misfits comic

So I'm reading this new misfits comic and it is the worst shit. It is just sjw tumblr pandering. Like, I love gay people. I lived with a gay bud for 2 years. And we watched all of Jem, and I thought it was great.

But this is the worst shit.

>sjw tumblr pandering

Like there is a single page at the back with two gay dudes on a date. Its just them being gay. What the fuck? Why do I care they're on a date? Who are they? Do they have an awesome band? Super powers? This is so random.

He's not wrong. The original comic was pushing it, but still not going overboard with it, but the spin-off is just terrible.

>The comic spinoff about "body-positive" dyke Stormer has SW pandering

Nigger, what did you expect?

>Like, I love gay people.

I bet you do, you faggot.

>Nigger, what did you expect?

I didn't know! I didn't even read the original. I was out of town and wasting time and found a comic book store. I was like "Dude! I love the misfits" and I started to read and it got worse and worse.

So I finished issue 2.

Fuck this shit.

They spend issue one on nothing. 30 pages to show them meeting up in the blandest way. Then issue 2 is 30 pages on fat shaming.

I still don't get why they took away Sunset Shimmer's orange skin tone and made her a trans

WTF m8? Did Flash Sentry know about that?

It's going to end soon since the SJW Jem writer had enough and they're going to relaunch it.

You're probably going to have the new Jem and Misfits singing with Transformers and shit, so whatever.

>You're probably going to have the new Jem and Misfits singing with Transformers and shit, so whatever.

Stop making it for kids. Thats all anyone really wants.

Make it dark and real. Jem's part can be like a documentary of 80s pop. And the Misfits can be like spinal tap.

>Stop making it for kids. Thats all anyone really wants.

That's all nobody wants. Jem is goofy melodrama and music with a very mild hint of 80s scifi peppered in, nobody wants a "dark and real" Jem series

See the bitch on the cover?

She's a fat short lesbian wannabe novelist who has literal model/celebrities randomly falling in love with her and literally throwing themselves at her.

Why?

The writer is a short fat lesbian who wanted to be a novelist, but has 0 talent, so she just wrote a tumblr blog instead until her friend/contact in the comics industry gave her a job writing Jem despite her having no previous professional writing experience.

The entire comic is literally the writer's self-insert fan faction.

you understand that fedoras are male feminists/beta orbiters, right?

... right?

really? I hope so, as a jem fan I wanted to like this but it did feel like jem at times the choices made were retarded.

Shut up fag

The worst part of SJW is that it has no technical skill behind it.

They just doodle shit until it sticks meagerly well. No actual practice. Just feelsy bullshit with as little effort put into it as a ham planet's weight loss plan.

Yeah, a lot of non-SJW artists don't bother either; but I've never seen an SJW that DOES.

Well how about a storytime because I'm drunk and board. Plus curious.

*The worst part of SJW art

Kelly Thompson is a writer I've been following because right now she has been doing a ton of shit......I'm not much of a fan. She tries really hard but she kind of never gets a home run.

God I want to read MTMTE again.

It's super telling that they took Stormer, the misunderstood lesbian good girl, and made HER fat, gave HER the tumblr redesign instead of a crazy rocker redesign.

It's just so blatant. This happens every fucking time, too. I always defend the creators of media, I always say that what they're doing isn't REALLY preaching or pandering or wish-fulfilling. But they always just make it so fucking obvious and I have to fucking eat my words.

Every fucking time. I've never once been vindicated. They don't understand the concept of subtlety.

God why does the artist make look underage?

God why?.....

>So I'm reading this new misfits comic and it is the worst shit. It is just sjw tumblr pandering. Like
Do Japanese Sup Forumsacks complain about SJW pandering when new Yaoi or Yuri titles are released.

It's basically the same thing.
Why can't people accept that stuff like MisFits it's simply a genra of its own and that it's pandering as much to their audience as Hawling Metal is pandering to fan of big titties.

Pandering doesn't mean the story is bad, it only mean it's reaching to a certain audience and thee is nothing wrong with that.

It's as random having a straight couple dating in the background.

>Do Japanese Sup Forumsacks complain about SJW pandering when new Yaoi or Yuri titles are released.

No. Because yaoi and yuri artists aren't a bunch of sanctimonious brats pretending they're super special and progressive just because they got to make their shitty fanfiction with fat lesbians.

Yaoi and yuri artists have an audience, and they give their audience what they want. They're not trying to make any ""grand statements"". They're selling a fucking product.

not really, despite the media pumping, gays are a small part of the general pop.
when you insist on fronting the exotic you are making a statement.

>No. Because yaoi and yuri artists aren't a bunch of sanctimonious brats pretending they're super special and progressive
Have you considered that "tumblr" comic is just people wanting to make story that they want?

Furthermore, you should never judge a work fo its artist or intend, but for itself.

>They're not trying to make any ""grand statements"". They're selling a fucking product.
And? You think people here aren't doing the same?
Also, I hope you have never made a post complaining about lack of artist integrity or artists being sell-out, because that would made you an huge hypocrite, right now.

I can't get over her being obese. Every time I see her in a comic it makes me rage. I cannot stand the tumblr obesity propaganda, it's just disgusting.

Or maybe it's just a gay couple.
>when you insist on fronting the exotic you are making a statement.
Wouldn't it be funny that the only reason it would be a statement is because you don't think it should be there without reason. If everyone just took it as being a simple background element to not ponder over, then no statement would be heard in the first place.

It's almost a self-solving issue.

SHE'S FAT!

She's not just fat. She's obese.

>Have you considered that "tumblr" comic is just people wanting to make story that they want?

Have YOU considered that taking an established property and shitting all over it with awful art and a terrible story when it's getting PUBLISHED OFFICIALLY is a really bad idea?

>Furthermore, you should never judge a work fo its artist or intend, but for itself.

When the intent is shoehorning your dumbass ideas into a story when it just makes it jarring, yes, I'm going to judge.

>And? You think people here aren't doing the same?

They're making the ""grand statements"". That's the problem here.

>Also, I hope you have never made a post complaining about lack of artist integrity or artists being sell-out, because that would made you an huge hypocrite, right now.

That literally has nothing to do with what I'm talking about, you fucking idiot.

This is my first post in this thread.
You can moralise all you want about everything else I don't care.
Changing the appearance and actions of an existing character into an obvious self insert and removing any character flaws she may of had because she is now a self insert is a perfectly valid point of criticism.

>hambeast with a navel-top

Ugh.

>Have YOU considered that taking an established property and shitting all over it with awful art and a terrible story when it's getting PUBLISHED OFFICIALLY is a really bad idea?
Have you considered that you aren't the owner of that property and that those who own it can do whatever they want with it?
>When the intent is shoehorning your dumbass ideas into a story when it just makes it jarring, yes, I'm going to judge.
Even then, it' snot the intent you should judge, but how it is integrated in the story. Any idea can work in a story if written well. It's not the intent you judge, but how good the story itself is.
>They're making the ""grand statements"". That's the problem here.
No, they are just writing a story about a bunch of people with colored hairs who play music, based on an 80's tv show.

it' only as grans as you let it to be and again, you are making the mistake of judging a work for its artist and fandom, not for itself.

>That literally has nothing to do with what I'm talking about, you fucking idiot.
It's related, because you are saying that Yuri and Yaoi is only being sell as a product.

>Not being willing to compromise your ideals for greater fame
What a maroon.

>Have you considered that you aren't the owner of that property and that those who own it can do whatever they want with it?

They are allowed to, yes. However, I'm allowed to call it a festering pile of horseshit. Because that's what it is.

>No, they are just writing a story about a bunch of people with colored hairs who play music, based on an 80's tv show.

Right, because

isn't shoehorned moralizing bullshit. Totally.

>because you are saying that Yuri and Yaoi is only being sell as a product.

Because it is. Those artists aren't trying to sanctimoniously bestow morals on you. They give their audience fap material and the audience gives them money in return.

>"Don't u know your killing urself?"
>BLOCKED

Holy shit my fucking sides.

>Yaoi and yuri artists have an audience, and they give their audience what they want. They're not trying to make any ""grand statements"". They're selling a fucking product.

So? I'm sorry but that's a really piss poor point...."SJW" stuff has an audience as well, and that's who this comic is marketed to....you know, like a product!

Just because you're not part of that demographic doesn't mean they don't exist, man, you have every right to not like this comic but the point you made is fucktarded

Not going to lie.... i was hoping for some Danzig

Not who you're replying to but yaoi/yuri isn't really comparable to comics like these. Yaoi/yuri manga is written like a romance novel with very little focus on sexual orientation/issues, where as comics like the one ITT is more about the character who's identity is made up of said orientation/issues and focuses heavily on that.

>nothing can separate us
>roxy and jetta

Ok I'm confused, I haven't been following these comics closely, but whats up with that? Jetta and Roxy hated each other in the show, it was kinda their shtick

>They are allowed to, yes. However, I'm allowed to call it a festering pile of horseshit. Because that's what it is.
But your complain is that it's pandering and in itself, this isn't a wrong thing.
>isn't shoehorned moralizing bullshit. Totally.
The problem isn't inserting morality itself, it's how you do it.

>Because it is. Those artists aren't trying to sanctimoniously bestow morals on you.
Hence why, if you are fine with that you would be an hypocrite if you now complained about artist being sell out.
>They give their audience fap material and the audience gives them money in return.
And this is the exact same thing here. You complain about it having shoehorned moral is irelvant. It doesn't matter if it has it, it only matter that it is well integrated with the flow of the narration.

is this fat slut retarded?

could easily make a tinder profile with these juicy tits and get 100+ messages a day

yet she acts as if noone wants her, plus she is a wealthy musician in the making?

how fucking entitled and blind can you get?

Read the original question, you failed abortion:

>Do Japanese Sup Forumsacks complain about SJW pandering when new Yaoi or Yuri titles are released.

And the answer is no, they don't.

Yaoi and yuri are primarily read like romance novels or smutfics or what have you. Their purpose is to make you feel feels and/or get off. They do this without being patronizing twatwaffles about shoving their morals down your throat.

SJW stuff does. And it does it with existing licensed properties. And it turns out awful every single time because these clowns have no self-awareness.

Seriously, how hard is this to understand?