This is the end of Spacey's career. The dam has burst

This is the end of Spacey's career. The dam has burst.

bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-41829484

Kevin "I had sex with 14 year old boys in the 1980s" Spacey

lel, at this rate society may well come out the other side not giving a shit:
saturation and fatigue over constant en mass allegations w/o corroboration will result in audiences not giving a fuck

Kevin "will make your asshole" Spacey

Should our schools stop teaching about Greek philosophers because most of them were pederasts? I still appreciate him as an actor desu.

He didn't have sex with them, he just sucked their dick.

>"eyy kid you popped a boner yet? well pop it into my mouth."

It wasn't against the law back then.

more like

Kevin "I got a call from the higher ups to activate my good goy card" spacey.

>I was sexually harassed but didn't care
>Therefore other people shouldn't care either
Wow, excellent logic there...

I am yet to hear anything other than "30 years ago he got drunk and lay on top of a 14 year old boy for a few seconds".

Decidedly wrong and scary for the boy, but is it really time to get the pitchforks out?

I've had an old female teacher grope me "jokingly" and a older female doctor make sexual comments about me (i.e. mirin my gains). I was slightly surprised, slightly flattered but I laughed it off. An old fag also once tried to get me drunk when I was a teenager, but I don't feel traumatised by that experience either.

Is it now time for me to change my mind about these memories and get outraged?

Why is it being portrayed in such a way that it seems like the perpetrators of this sort of behaviour are only men and those affected are predominantly female?

I also much prefer such treatment to the borderline (and sometimes not borderline) physical assault I have suffered from parents, teachers and other kids when I was too young and small to fight back.

You're oversimplifying one of the points I am making, which more accurately is "isn't some of this exaggerated?".

Also, how do you judge when this behaviour crosses a line? "Sexual harassment" of the sort I have "suffered" is commonplace. Yes it is worthy of criticism, but do I get to go on Twitter and organise an angry mob over it?

>oral sex isn't sex

Not that guy but why is the guy coming out after 30 years something? There wasn't any hanky panky involved, Spacey was drunk and got on top and that was it, is that worth ruining some guys life and career entirely? If so then we might as well all jump down a cliff, everyone has done stuff that others might find offending in some way or form or what others find harassing in a sexual matter (in these days these things are yelled out way too easily).

There is so much hypocrisy in this witchhunt.

Whether or not Spacey is a Weinstein remains to be seen, but 1 guy comes out and everyone is going crazy for something that isn't even sex.

>so much hypocrisy
Welcome to Hollywood and, to some extent, Twitter.

>Sexual harassment is commonplace
>So just get over it
And this is part of the problem, and why these people SHOULD come out.

I had an old guy grab my ass when I was a teen. Apart from bothering me at the time, it had no effect on me at all. I really can't understand how these people can come out decades later and act as if it is a traumatizing experience; it fucking isn't.

No, again you are misrepresenting what I am saying.

Firstly, I asked "Also, how do you judge when this behaviour crosses a line?", partially because I do not know. Perhaps you would care to share your thoughts on this?

Secondly, if you examined everyone's behaviour using a broad enough definition of sexual harassment, the number of "guilty" people would be staggering.

How do you deal with that? Shouldn't there be some tolerance for inappropriate flirting, awkward comments and other reasonably innocent lapses in judgement?

and further to the Kevin Spacey issue, what he did was wrong, but as indicates - is the reaction proportionate?

Which reminds me, an older woman slapped my ass at a work function recently. It's such an insignificant event in my life that I basically forgot about it until I read your post.

What would have happened if the genders were reversed and it was an older man slapping a young woman's ass at a work function?

>leddit spacing

Climbing on top of a 14 year old boy at a party is crossing the line. I'm amazed I even have to point that out.

If you can't work stuff like that out, then you are definitely part of the problem, and are likely trying to justify/normalise the times YOU sexually harassed someone.

Where were the parents of the 14-year old?

>It didn't bother me so it shouldn't bother other people
Some people like getting fucked in the ass while tied to a sex swing, does that mean everyone should be fine with doing that as well?

>Climbing on top of a 14 year old boy at a party is crossing the line

Yes it is, but do you ruin his career over it?

>Victim blaming by proxy

Its the same for me. I have been fights, attacked, groped and had unwanted sexual advances. I just move on because ultimately just physical interaction. It seems to me that women (and by extension gays) are incapable of doing the same. They obsess over it until they convince themselves they are traumatized.

Oh snowflake, don't get your panties in a knot.

>If you can't work stuff like that out, then you are definitely part of the problem, and are likely trying to justify/normalise the times YOU sexually harassed someone.

I didn't even process this part of your post. You are hilarious.

Maybe YOU are guilty of some disgusting shit and all this moral outrage is a smoke-screen? Just like Harvey Weinstein's philanthropic work and support for the democrats was a smoke-screen.

>comparing two completely different things to make a ridiculous strawman argument.
Just fuck off.

Considering there are more allegations of him doing the same to young men, yes.

otherwise it is letting him remain in a position where he has the power to continue doing this.

You're an idiot if you can't understand the point there.
Just because you were ok with having your ass grabbed doesn't mean everyone should be.

The hilarious one is you. You can't see the difference between "inappropriate flirting" and climbing on top of a 14 year old boy while making sexual advances.

You must be fucked in the head if you can't see the very clear line between flirting and sexual harassment.

No, there are women who move on. Some move on when perhaps they shouldn't. I know women who have been through much worse and have literally said "I got over it".