Does anyone else feel like Gennedy's cartoons were never THAT good? Like i enjoy Dexters Lab, especially the movie...

Does anyone else feel like Gennedy's cartoons were never THAT good? Like i enjoy Dexters Lab, especially the movie, but im not like a huge fan of a lot of it.

it got shitty when the art style changed

But didn't Genndy leave at that point?

I wish it ended after the Ego Trip. Those last seasons were completely stupid, non-creative and ugly.
Was Genndy actually involved in this blasphemy?

>THAT good?

What is 'THAT' good? Like, what are we comparing them against?

Don't try to tell me that Clone Wars wasn't a fucking blast.

I never had a lot of memories of Dexter compared to say Powerpuffs. Feel the same way about Samurai Jack.

No.

I'm pretty pissed at his Cage! series for referring to Misty Knight as Luke's girlfriend. The comic has a bunch of continuity nods like referencing Dazzler's collusseum fighting addiction and Misty Knight rooming with Jean Grey, but at that time Luke and Misty had never met, and the pair were never an item.

I'm glad to know it wasn't him working on this tasteless shit.

>Does anyone else feel like Gennedy's cartoons were never THAT good?
I'm sure a few idiots with the same horrible taste agree with you.

what about the one where the dad spent the entire episode practicing his swing for it to rain at the end

He was involved in two ('Chicken Scratch' and 'Comedy of Feathers'), but that was about it.

Well, "Chicken Scratch" was kind of a special occasion.

Dexter's lab was really mediocre, but I enjoy some of his other work (see Samurai Jack, Clone Wars).

Oh wow user you mean that a poorly budgeted shock humour action comedy cartoon based off Ren and Stimpy isn't good?

You mean that Cartoonnetwork wasn't always inferior to the mature Foxkids cartoons with correct body proportions which don't look like 2 feet tall dwarves like Dexter? Or skinny anoxeric characters like DeeDee? With horribly plots made for laughs?

Geez genius... YOU THINK? DO YOU WANT A COOKIE OR SOMETHING? Maybe a xanax pill to calm your anxieties? Some hot milk to relax your sudden realizations that your taste and childhood is UTTER SHIT?

You see, I had more than 1 channel... I had a wide variety of entertainment mediums to satisfy me. I'm not one of those Simpsons and Spongebob young adults complaning that they nothing but shock humour and disgusting cringe humour in their entertainment. I don't moan and yell that cartoons aren't mature enough.

For me... most of the marvel cartoons on Foxkids were mature enough for me. Same for non the marvel cartoons like Diabolik.

This is Savino, not Genndy.

That's your youth showing. The newer, non-GT seasons of Dexter were pretty much the only episodes shown during the time PPG and Jack overlapped.

What is this post?

Jimmy Neutron was better than Dexters Lab, desu.

I unironically agree with this. All memes aside, Jimmy Neutron was a pretty good take on the genius-kid genre.

I feel like you're trying to make some new pasta, but it ain't working m8

I don't have shit taste, so I don't feel that way.

If anything, I like them more bow than I did as a kid.

Gennedy is great at having a siginature style. Watch Dexter/Jack/Titan, you will notice the same poses, sound effects, writing style (those long dramatic silent scenes)
Dexter's Lab is good on nostalgia.
Samurai Jack is fantastic but not really bingeable and suffered from having a loosely connected story (the new season will probably be a top tier TV show though)
Sym-Bionic Titan on the other hand is his best work yet.

At least that season gave us Mandark's mom.

Craig or Genndy?

I fucking hated his Clone Wars cartoon. Fucking fight me.

Dexter was great but then Savino took over and the show went to shit

saved for future use.

did you enjoy the CGI one?

>Dexter Lab
>Sym-Bionic Titan

He's talented once in a while, but at least he knows when to not create utter shit.

I feel like Craig does better action, and Genndy does better feel-good stuff, yet they prefer to do the opposite.

Overall, Genndy's work is of higher quality largely because he's managed to get away from executive meddling and maintain primary creative control. That said, Craig's work is still excellent, and when he is firmly in control, I do prefer his work to Genndy's.

I only hated that series as a kid because episodes where shown between commercials and only lasted a few minutes

I just hate star wars.

Yes I fucking love the cgi one and rebels. Fair superior.

Honestly, the only Genndy cartoon I have seen is Dexter's Laboratory and I loved that one. I even liked the later seasons. The humor was great and I loved the characters, especially Dexter and Mandark.

I never had an urge or motivation to watch his other cartoons, but I heard they are great, especially Samurai Jack. Everyone has their own opinions and that's fine if you don't like Genndy's cartoons. For me however, I personally really loved Dexter's Lab and considered it one of my favorite Cartoon Network shows next to Foster's Home, Powerpuff Girls, and Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi. If you don't like Genndy's shows that much, more power to you.