TTG Night begins to shine

WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS? Because this is bloody AMAZING.

How can 1 good thing come out of such a horrible show?

youtube.com/watch?v=GM8tRdFaWS0

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tNRzoenTZ4k
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I would love to see other characters from TTGo drawn in this art style.

youtube.com/watch?v=tNRzoenTZ4k

Sweet jesus they're more over the top at this than Animaniacs.

POWER EIGHTIES Titans would make for a much more watchable show.

So I don't get the whole shrimps and prime rib pairing. I had never heard of it before watching this episode, and then I suddenly started setting ads for it on TV, I think at the restaurant Jeff Foxworthy does commercials for.

Is it a take on surf and turf?

It would be highly enjoyable.

I don't know why you guys are surprised, the art direction of the show is very competent.

Their art shifts look great, I would fucking love watching a fantasy show on the style of pic related.

I'll admit, if I saw an advertisement for a cartoon where the main characters were those Starfire, Raven, and Cyborg designs, I would be interested.

they always do stuff like this tho

the episode where they referenced oregon trail

the episode where they got serious

its only a matter of time before they do an episode based on Sid Meier's Civilization

that was pretty entertaining

I can't wait for the inevitable crusader kings episode.
" the Titans retake Constantinople from the Turks".

This was actually pretty good.

Starfire reminds be of Astrid from HTTYD.

Raven looks good with meme body paint.

>its only a matter of time before they do an episode based on Sid Meier's Civilization
kek

I really don't understand why people hate this show. I laugh whenever it's on and it's certainly as funny as Gumball and Uncle Grandpa. It's got that fun Animaniacs vibe to it.

A small but loud group of but hurt fans of the old show. That's it, they just can't let go.

I agree.

I know. It's just so fun to me. I don't understand why it's bad to them. It's got innocent simple humor, jabs at real life shit like South Park, some Animaniacs style humor and music numbers (which are excellent by the way), cute and detailed for flash animation, etc. Other than the characters being complete asses occasionally I don't get it.

I've had Sour Grapes stuck in my head for a week and it makes me smile every time. Something about a character like Robin doing something like that is just completely brilliant. It's so stupid and it lives in it's stupidity.

t. Michael Jelenic

Honestly the show is south park kid edition. Several episodes of Teen Titans Go are very similar to South Park. The biggest dead ringer is the pro wrestling one.

>everyone hates the show when it comes out for entirely justifiable reasons
>time passes
>contrarianism kicks in and now anyone who still hates it is just "a butthurt nerd obsessed with the old show and their ruined childhood"

>t. contrarian

Tell me what's wrong with it user.

I really enjoy that self aware vibe it has, makes me grin evilly every time they take a jab on something. I almost pissed myself laughing at Wally T.

Season One was meh, but I thought the episodes definitely got stronger and unique after that.

>everyone hates the show
Son I was here in 2013 when it drop. You had some load butt hurt babies but there were just as many that like it for what it was.
>entirely justifiable reasons
Not really. As a fan of the old TT series and growing up with it I can dislike TTG but there is nothing "justifiable" about hating it.
>contrarianism
That's not how it works when it's polarized like this show.
>anyone who still hates it is just "a butthurt nerd obsessed with the old show and their ruined childhood"
This has been said over and over again since 2013 and you know what? Their right. Because for god sakes what other reason would you bitch this much about a show you don't want to watch?

Why does this have World of Quest written all over it?

I'm pretty sure Shannon Eric Denton writes many episodes on TTG and he work on World of Quest

> there is nothing "justifiable" about hating it.
Cringy humor,shitty art style,parasitism on old characters designs,time hogging

I could tell numerous examples, but it's all concentrated in one episode:
"return of the slade"
Mockery of fans of both tt and ttg
+your "innocent humour" about raven wanting to fuck a pony

>Because for god sakes what other reason would you bitch this much about a show you don't want to watch?
because old fans (me including) are expecting a real reboot of TT, not this diabolical abomination. and the fact that this show exists delays TT reboot furthermore

That episode was shit, I'll give you that. But I like nearly every other episode.

And no, Raven wanting to fuck a pony is not a valid excuse to hate this show.

>Cringy humor
I take it you never rewatch the old show?
>delays TT reboot furthermore
user TTG came out a decade after TT aired. It's been a decade now since the LAST episode of the original Teen Titans. It's over. Series is dead and gone.

>It's been a decade now since the LAST episode of the original Teen Titans. It's over. Series is dead and gone.
yeah, that reminds me of the other cartoon, what was it, I forgot the name...

I personally think that the main flaw of the show is messing with the characters. They just took everything the show had been developing for so many years (lore, relations between characters etc.) and obliterated it. I could even stand their humor and (God forgive me) their terrible writing, but messing with the characters is too much. Why turn them into complete assholes? Why make them selfish jerks who don't give a single shit about kicking out any member of their team just because they found a better one? Is this supposed to be amusing or something?

>Thinks a Genndy Tartakovsky show revive is comparable to a cape cartoon.
Nevermind it still hasn't aired yet remember the plan was originally for that to come out in 2016 and we have yet seen a proper trailer.

Are you guys two autistic to just treat it as a separate thing?
The first episode was so detach from the old series it was clear this isn't the same universe. It be like expecting Beware to be in the same universe as BTAS because they had similar designs.
I can't get the anger on what is just basically a slap stick comedy that is more parody of the heroes than defining them.

This stuff is kinda depressing, because it shows that there is SOMEONE doing good things with the show. If they could just put this kind of quality in consistently, it'd be worth watching.

>I personally think that the main flaw of the show is messing with the characters
yes, this is one of the main reasons. they messed with very well developed characters and turned them into a cardboard cutouts.
In this show:
Robin is a Stalker Hitler
Cyborg is an Arsehole
Beast boy is a retarded Arsehole
"THE" Starfire is "THE" idiot
Raven is a horsefucker

Mere purpose of this show is to annoy others, mostly old fans.

t. Aaron Horvath

This, I enjoy ttg and the amount of salt it causes people. My only problem with it is its on all day every day. Its pretty much cns spongebob

>I take it you never rewatch the old show?
I did,there's difference between vulgar humor,attempt at humor and cringe humor.
>delays TT reboot furthermore
I never said anything about that

Personally I dislike how wildly inconsistent the characters are and how they can completely change personalities for the sake of a cheap gag, it's lazy writing.
I don't mind if characters are assholes as long as they have more to them than just that

Thats the point. They just took characters with their own original stories and well-developed personas and simply threw it all into a trash can. The original Titans used to care deeply for one another, never letting any member of the team down and doing all they could to help each other deal with their issues. The ones from TTG are like:
- Hey, look, Kid Flash looks like a nice guy!
- Hell, yeah. Get the fuck out of our team, Robin, you suck, he will be our leader now.
- Yeah, screw all that time we spent as a team, it means practically nothing to us. You are lame, get out!

ITT: Games that would make a perfect cartoon series

Honestly, if Cartoon Network just called the show Teen Titans Mini or something along those lines and not market it as the successor to TT, I believe it would've done a lot better. No people misconstruing what the show would be like.

The characters are consistent most of the time, except for the half hour specials, which is what I've always found odd.

My problem is the level of script quality is a total 50/50, so is hard to watch without finding 20 stinkers out of 5 good ones whenever i tune in CN.

The writting is so inconsistent. Some episodes are actually pretty hilarious and then it's WAFFLES.

>not market it as the successor to TT
did that ever really happen? I see a lot of reaching when ever that argument is presented. New Teen Titan shorts were claimed to be the successor but they killed that 4 episodes in. I'm pretty sure TTG has been pushed as it's own thing.

Could be where it has such a large amount of writers and guest writers. The show is strangely popular for writers to want to work on thought that could be because there are few shows made that let you out right meta joke heroes of your youth.

why would Gar cook shrimp and prime rib? Either way, him being vegan was an addition of the show right?

>The episode where they just explain rental property
It actually made me realize that I can just wait for my folks to die then live off the apartment building we have here.

Dude, relax.

They aren't the same characters, this is other show. Why bother?

Are 80s back yet?!

One word is enough to bury this garbage near oblivion: waffles

>has the highest ratings for the network for 3 years straight.
>Has actually challenged Sponge Bob in ratings
>has been in the top 5 stream shows on Hulu for the past two years
>tops out kids DVD sales on Amazon

when you shove down something to peoples throat, of course it would be considered """popular"""

Righht because that work with Mighty Magi Swords...
Or New PowerPuff Girls
Or Uncle Grandpa
Or League of Evil

Seriously you dumb fuckers are the funniest thinking its popularity stems from oversaturation when it's the flip and it's success is why it's on all the time. CN is the most money whore of the three kids networks, they will only whore out what viewers will watch.

TTG starfires faces are giving me nightmares

>shove down something to peoples throat
>Streaming services

user I don't think you understand what streaming is

This. They back Adventure Time and Regular show fiercely when they had good ratings, moment they both hit a weak season they were swept under. Basically you need to hope TTG bombs a season and gets under a million for several episodes.

I don't hate Teen Titans Go. I like it, and there are just a few episodes I dislike. The show can be fun.

However, I think a problem most people have is just how much Cartoon Network constantly airs the show over all the other stuff they could also show.

Too much of one thing can tend to cloud perception of it and make you kinda tired of it.

Is this a spin-off episode?

>Because, it should be, also an episode.

*a movie

No, just a regular episode.

Bump!