ITT: We rewrite season two so it's halfway decent

ITT: We rewrite season two so it's halfway decent.

>First scene is Max and her family driving into town for the first time, past several main characters (Hopper, Joyce, the boys on their bikes, etc.) who all stare the car down because they're constantly on edge about outsiders finding out about the shit from last year. The scene is mainly focused on Max who takes on a kid detective role for the rest of the season to find out what happened, instead of being dumped with exposition by Lucas, which gives her an actual purpose in the show.

>Eleven doesn't get out of the Upside Down in five minutes, instead she spends most of the season in there to hide from the feds (since she can defend herself in there) but knows how to make portals now and popped back to the town for food (which Hopper investigates when multiple theft claims are reported) leading to him spying Eleven in the woods, and he starts leaving food in a box at that location (instead of just leaving food somewhere for no reason). The feds follow Hopper one day and catch Eleven when she emerges; the nice scientist man allows Hopper to speak to her, but he ends up helping her escape and tells her to find her mother since she'll never be safe around Hawkins.

>Eight doesn't show up until episode seven. The episode still happens but Eight doesn't have a gang of edgy shit lords because she doesn't need one. She doesn't live in the ghetto but instead travels the city using illusions to eat or sleep where she wants while hunting down retired lab coats. Eleven doesn't leave because "MY FRIENDS NEED ME," instead Eight ends up pushing her away by bombarding her with traumatic visions because she realizes that Eleven has a better life waiting for her in Hawkins and isn't just living for revenge like she is.

>The Mindflayer isn't a shitty nondescript smoke monster, it's a physical hairy spider creature that eats people's minds by sucking them up through its legs. Will is saved at the last second by Mike who pulls him out from the real world, which gives Mike something to fucking do this season.

>Will doesn't survive this season. His body starts getting cut up and bruised by the Mindflayer's presence while strapped to that chair (like in The Exorcist) but somebody overwrites the Mindflayer's possession to speak to Joyce. They speak calmly through Will and tell her his mind and body cannot recover from this, and with her permission they can let Will go. She asks to speak to Will but the voice says it would be too painful for him, and Hopper is adamant they can save Will because the whole situation reminds him of his daughter's death, but Joyce breaks down and agrees, and Will dies as the Mindflayer and the voice leave his body. It's eventually revealed that the voice was another MKUltra escapee who can possess other people, but maybe that could be saved for the next season.

This seems interesting:

>First scene
>all main characters of Season 1 are in one palce
>suddendly comes a meteor and destroys said place
>rest of season becomes a Rome spinoff set in the Second Punic war

> Bob doesn't pointlessly stop at the door and die for """shock""" value
> Instead, Hopper runs back in guns glazing as Bob and the senpai escape. Without Hopper the stakes seem higher
> Later, Bob has to bring Eleven to the lab for the final showdown, making the plan much riskier and giving the kids more of a reason to want to create a diversion behind his back
>It turns out Hopper and Scientist are hurt but alive hiding in the building, and have formed a bond actually giving the asshole scientist a reason to become nice

>asshole scientist
he wasnt though. And he was against killing billy too.

nancy sits on my face while i tool elle in the butt

He wasn't evil, but he wasn't good either. I just felt like the 20 second stairwell "Oh after we win I want you to help Eleven" was too much of a hand wave.

>nancy sits on my face
her jagged ass would cut your face open

I am surprised to say this is orders of magnitude better than what we got. That tells a lot about how much of a letdown S2 was.

He wasn't evil at all. He was the only one working there who was trying to save Will.

>He wasn't evil, but he wasn't good either.
>Trying to stop people finding out about a portal that if other countries try to replicate could end the world
>Trying to save will when the other scientists are like "fuck him"
>Stays behind to help them get out
Yeah, totally not good...

>all the characters are in the exact same situations they were in before the season started (except Nancy has switched boyfriends)
>you now realize this entire season is unrequired viewing and can be skipped when this series is over

Sounds good. At least as far as ~200 words could describe a whole season.

Some points:
any change eight related is a positive change. still yours sounds really good. would watch.

Will dying in such a way is a bit too dark. the series is still >50% lighthearted and silly. Him dying would reverse this in the next season. So no, perhaps someone outside the main child crew.

i liked the shadow monster. But Spider is also good. and i think that a new monster, above the shadow one will appear in season three. some mind sucking monster would really fit there.

>Steve kills so many demodogs that Max decides to give her virginity to him by any means possible

Also Steve does not lose to Billy.
Throw my boy some fucking apples Duffer Brothers

Take episode 7 out and the season is fine.

The scientist man wasn't evil, he redeemed himself multiple times.

>Scene right before the snowball ending is Steve coming home to Mike, Will, Dustin, and Lucas asking that he be their mentor and teach them how to be cool for high school next year

can we at least agree that steve's bat is better than Lucille?

Instead of 11 searching for 8, we get 8 and her crew coming to Hawkins where they all get killed by demodogs near the end.

Steve saves 8 and she decides to stalk him until he loves her.

Also Steve is too based to get mind controlled and that arouses 8

Don't reply to me or my post ever again