DEFENDERS

Am I wrong to be be hyped as hell for this show??

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=mnGtPCAHsak
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Please let it be good

Nope. I overall love the Netflix MCU series and I'm excited to see what Iron Fist brings to the table. I like the main and supporting characters of all the shows as well.

It's your job, after all.

I guess my thing is I don't know what to be hyped for. Not saying it'll be bad, but I genuinely don't know what to expect from it

Yes. Now go kill yourself.

I wish it was, user.
Netflix got me shilling for free

Cutting edge banter.
Love it.

It's not my job, I'm genuinely excited for it. The last third of Luke Cage was the weakest of the Netflix series, but even that was bearable and had good moments. The revelation that Reva was manipulating Luke into becoming a test subject almost made Diamondback's shit worth it. I'm excited to see Matt, Jessica, and Luke bounce off each other. Based on the quality of the other Netflix stuff, Defenders should be at least a 7/10 capeshit.

I'm pretty burnt out after the disappointments of Jessica Jones and Luke Cage. If Iron Fist isn't amazing, I might just skip Defenders.

Yes, you are. It's pretty much guaranteed that no matter how good the first episode may be, no matter how good the character interaction may be (which it won't), the shows going to completely fall apart in the final stretch.

The writers for the different series just can't seem to handle satisfying endgames.

so do we know who Weaver is playing? Casting her got my HYPE!

but they cut it from 13 episodes to 8. There is no stretched out final third

We all know you all will watch it, just so you have something to complain about.

Thank fuck for that. There's always that slog through like four episodes that feels like an eternity.

How many episode this getting, because every single Marvel Netflix show has dragged on 3 episodes too long.

I bet you the main reason for that was due to budget, and not a desire to streamline the storytelling.

>I bet you the main reason for that was due to budget,
I really doubt it, every one of the Marvel Netflix shows are well receiving both critically and with ratings.

I'm expecting DD, LC and IF being bros and JJ being a constant wet blanket and shitting on them cause that's what she always does to everyone.

Seemingly an OC. Which is annoying if so, cause that means that NetflixCU will just keep pulling more corrupt politicians and mob bosses out of their asses.

Jessica will be the snarky quipmaster constantly saying things like "time to show you BOYS how it's done"

Yeah.

>Matt is handicapped
>Jessica is rape survivor
>Danny is white
What is Luke Cages shtick?

He's bald.

No, because you're a goddamn adult and you're allowed to have your own fucking opinions.

he's black

Well, it's kind of the only point for the existence of all the other mcu netflix shows

>Still no pictures of Danny/Luke, Danny/Misty, or Misty/Colleen.

>Danny is White

Kek.

Does he look like a bitch?!

>don't know what to expect from it

Boredom and words and the new yorkest New york ever. And one or two actually exciting episodes.

>Sneaky blind punch guy
>Martial arts punch guy
>Bulletproof punch guy
>Lady punch guy who sucks at being a superhero, drinks and whines whenever she isn't being a bitch.

I love the MCU, but the Defenders lineup isn't very inspiring, right now. At least other hero teams have variation.

I kind of have faith in this. After Grand Ward, an OC, became a great character in his own merit and turned into Hive, MCU Donutsteels don't bother me.

Hopefully she isn't just another mobster or evil big wig like others mentioned.

Maybe we'll get more, because its concentrated in 8 eps, not 13.

I still have hopes for Iron Fist to be more mystical like discount Strange kind of mystical.

The first arc nah, you're good. But you're about to gather a bunch of characters together that suffered through shitty second arcs, so go in with that expectation.

kek

Cautiously optimistic.

You're only looking at it from an action POV. Daredevil and Iron Fist are the only characters that are action-oriented anyway. You got:

>Lawyer
>Detective
>Martial arts nut
>A guy

God dammit Luke, get a cool profession

ex cop, current Captain Harlem, outside of Harlem.

I'm trying to watch Luke Cage and it's such a fucking snoozefest. Half an episode can be centered around Luke Cage mopping the floor, or him eating sour cream and looking at the sun, or him healing his cop friend's wound.

The only moderately compelling antagonist ended up beaten by two girls from the supporting cast.

He's got a belly.

To be fair, DD and Iron Fist can do more with their powers than punch people. Matt in particular uses his senses in his profession on a daily basis.

I'm genuinely hyped for Defenders and wishing for Frank to appear too. I really hope Iron Fist is also good.

What I always funny is the origin of the defenders powers:

>toxic waste in eyes
>car accident with toxic waste truck
>super science experimental accident, probably with toxic waste
>punched a dragon in the heart and then hugged the dragon where the tattoo the dragon had of a dragon was transferred onto his chest.

I hope they talk about it in the show. I want to watch that conversation.

I'm expecting only loose references to the dragon-punching shit.

I hope not, that would actually piss me off quite a bit. Danny doesn't really work as an edgey hero.

Isn't MCU Iron Fist going to be a gritty revenge story?

If its based on his origin and first stories, with the ground approach of Marveflix? Then, yeah.

Me too, until then...

m.youtube.com/watch?v=mnGtPCAHsak

How will the other defenders react to the Punisher and his lethal antics, if he appears?

>Am I wrong to be be hyped as hell for this show??

Probably.
Hype leads to disappointment, particularly when you let the hype overtake you completely and imagine a scenario more personally fulfilling to your tastes than anything somebody else will ever write.

More specifically, Sigourney Weaver (an old woman at this point) leading an army of Hand ninjas (who are bland cannon fodder in the best of times) makes the villain half of this show potentially underwhelming.

Affirmative action hire.

>street level heroes are mostly brawlers

Wow, what a revelation

Don't Buddists believe in the sanctity of life? Then Danny would defo be against.

Shit yeah, forgot about that. Alright, ex-cop it is

Bet Danny gets the least amount of screen time

Nope

He's the one that knows the most of what going on, so it should be the opposite. Though, I'm sure it will be evenly spaced.

And? The budgets were set before any of the Netflix shows were released, and Perlmutter was the one who set the budgets.

>Well received critically

I'm gonna wait on the Iron Fist reviews, my friend.

The BBC subscription

Pretty much this. After Daredevil S1 I was hyped, still am for the next DD season, but not so much for anything else in this universe it seems. Cage and JJ settled into a boring formula and aesthetic.

Why would an American have to pay for a TV license?

there gonna tone down iron fists cool factor by alot

Boo! Let's pray it doesn't get completely neutered.

>an adult
>watching Marvel shows
Good one user.

Unfortunately you missed the memo. Adults have been replaced by manchildren.

K'un-Lun aren't buddhists. They worship the Wizard God Master Khan, and the Immortal Dragon Kings.

MCU Danny had Finn study Buddist philosophies. So, in the terms of close Earth-based analogues, he looks to be a practicing Budist.

Also, we don't know how much/or even which part (of the ever changing) lore will be used.

I dont think theres gonna be an actual dragon he slays

Episodes 6 and 13 hint at Shou-Lao.

>Immortal Emerges From Cave
>Dragon Plays With Fire.

And, he doesn't so much "slay", as hug, really tightly.

With an original villian I can see this not getting the hype

Like who gives a shit about that?

Luke is literally a hero for hire.

So long as you temper that hype by remembering the second half of Daredevil season 1 & 2, the second half of Jessica Jones, and the second half of Luke Cage.

Seriously, Netflix needs to cut down on the episode count of these shows by like 3.

OTP

Defenders is only 8 episodes long.