LOOK AT ME I'M CINEMATOGRAPHING

LOOK AT ME I'M CINEMATOGRAPHING

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Rb0X4kIFS0Q
vimeo.com/39877054
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

fuck off retard

t. underage cheeto meister

i mean i get youre memeing but can you with a straight face deny that thats at least a nice composition

lmao

Boy, saying something in all caps sure makes that statement look stupid. I don't want to agree with that statement and look stupid myself. What to do...

It's tryhard empty aestheticism that adds nothing to the scene and just ends up being jarring

HAHA, i can literally get the same look with my iphone

in what way is this shot jarring compared to the rest of the 'aesthetic' shots seen in the film

WAAAAH, LOOK AT THIS YELLOW CINEMATOGRAPHY

you have no idea what any of that means

the whole body is not in frame. shit composition.

It's almost like people treat movies like a visual medium or something.

thats a bad capture the actual scene is here
youtube.com/watch?v=Rb0X4kIFS0Q

It's an absolute shame hes going to finally get his oscar for the trash that is br2049 and not all his other better work like in true grit and assassination

>literal visual storytelling with soldiers descending into the hell of their own work
>"empty aestheticism that adds nothing to the scene"
sure thing buddy

LOOK AT ME, IM A FAGGOT

>>literal visual storytelling with soldiers descending into the hell of their own work
Fucking lmao, you can find less clunky ''visual storytelling'' in a fucking Snyder flick

>You should have films with shit cinematography for reasons.

I think you should go back to your videogames and anime pleb.

The Assassination of Jesse James was released in the same year as No Country for Old Men and There Will Be Blood. All three of those films deserve an Oscar for cinematography but they were released in the same year so just one get's it

Please tell me how is that "clunky" exactly?
It's pretty damn straightforward.

be glad he didnt get it for skyfall

it's a good filler scene, it helps the movie flow better.

Post some examples of excellent cinematography(and by that I don't just mean movie titles)

Lets see if your post matches your sensibilities

>Being this much of a retard.

not that user, but why?
youre inevitably going to shit on it and if you arent memeing i don't think you can discern good cinematography when you see one

DISHONEST

>Jarring
Have you ever been tested for autism? I know there are some kids with autism who can't handle clapping because it's jarring to them.

>Lets see if your post matches your sensibilities
It says right there why and don't reply to me unless I've posted at you first, low cinema IQ mongrel

Lol baby first troll thread. So this is the part where we all post examples and you tell us they are all shit. Right?.

I give you 2/10 for the effort.

Roger Memekins doesn't impress me

Watch the scene, it starts off fairly bright and ends in almost darkness with the actors completely dark.

In the scene after this scene it's pitch black night, it's actually good cinematography.

But that's the point, you can't judge the cinematography of a film by watching a couple of still shots you dumb mongoloid.

Quality cinematography isn't just pretty pictures but actually telling the story using visual narrative through framing and composition and the performances, the visual narrative is the most important aspect.
So the context is important, you can't judge it by a screenshot alone. Anyone can learn to take balanced pretty pictures, but it takes talent to actually tell a story through the visuals itself

thats pretty much it my dude

That's what I thought. Stay on Sup Forums or Sup Forums as you haven't graduated to actual art yet.

>filmlets consider this "good" or "artistic"
loving every laugh

pretty sad people think any of this shit looks as good as original BR

>I hate the medium of film
Good to know, op. Good to know.

Good cinematography should never draw attention to itself.

Just try to think 'critically'.

Does the lighting/framing match the mood of the narrative, story, character(s)? What about the colours?

Watch anything Deakins has worked on to see more cinematography that doesn't really add anything to the movie and is there to just look pretty.

Take the Sicario meme shot where he needed to paint something ugly (since he has lots of control) but ends up falling on his own trappings, making yet another run of the mill Deakins digital photography work and putting everything prettily in position with Always Perfect Lightning and Always Perfect Framing etc.

He is reddit dishonest hackery embodied. He is a desktop background merchant.

>visual storytelling
>Villenueve
Yeah, and Tarantino is a genius.

Lol

>Does the lighting/framing match the mood of the narrative, story, character(s)? What about the colours?
Yes

Deakins is just a director of photography which bad directors use to mask their terrible directing. It helps that he's the only DP that reddit cheeto dust 'cinephiles' have actually heard of.

Fuck off retard, stop baiting.
Also stop replying to this retard.

That makes no fucking sense whatsoever.

Why do videogame players love this hack, nolan, fincher and tarantino so much?

vimeo.com/39877054
Yeah look at this garbage. Why is this Russian hack trying so hard to impress us?

When you answer 5 differing viewpoints with a sweeping generalization you pretty much concede your argument.

Not enough desaturation for you capeshitter?

Why has Villenueve become the new target for Sup Forums contrarians? Is it because hes on a hot streak?

What says
You are trying too hard

Every home made video has good cinematography.

>He is a desktop background merchant.
based. This board isn't entirely dead, even with nu-Blade Runner, GoT, Breaking Bad and the rest of the plebshit onslaught.

>Does the lighting/framing match the mood of the narrative, story, character(s)? What about the colours?

yeah, it kinda does
you answered your own question

your jab about the desktop background is pretty strange
you're gonna tell me last year at marienbad had bad cinematography because you can captcha some shots to make a desktop background?

>He is a desktop background merchant
This is very true. It's the same 15 year olds that have caps from wes anderson and pta "films" as their facebook/twitter banner pics that praise this garbageman

samefagging this hard

Stop replying to yourself you fucking loser, nothing about sperging out like that is "based".

>he's on a hot streak
>makes a bunch of mediocre, forgettable flicks that no once but IMDBlets and Oscartards care about after a month, just like Nolan, Fincher, Inarritu etc.

The visuals should specifically serve the story, at no point should they call attention to themselves with some unnecesary "impressive" camera operating that is completely unrelated to the narrative where you become aware of the camera and the person behind it, not the film itself (for example The Revenant or almost any Snyder flick)

>wow people don't like my reddit-endorsed cheeto of the month epic meme man, surely it must be a samefag bait conspiracy

>being this upset
oh sweetie, not every thought that isn't part of your safe space is "troll" or "samefag" lmao

>samefags
>wojak poster
>is pretentious
The entire lottery.

Learn to spell retard. Then you can reply to me.

dude just give it a rest

>He is a desktop background merchant.
What does James Benning have to do with this thread

>if I say meaningless buzzwords like "reddit" and "cheeto" enough times I will surely convince the other party in my perspective of the subject
Embarassing.

>your jab about the desktop background is pretty strange
>you're gonna tell me last year at marienbad had bad cinematography because you can captcha some shots to make a desktop background?
Is this the power of Villenuevlet reading comprehension? Hilarious.

Name a better modern filmmaker that isn't indie or film noir.

this post was brought to you by the official Sup Forums buzzword meme reply generator

>just turn your brain off and enjoy le pretty visuals
ok

Fincher

why? always perfect framing and lighting and desktop background worthy shots are apparently bad, or so you've implied and im asking you a question based on that

All he needs to say is kino and based deakins/denis and hes got your pleb kind on lock

>name a better filmmaker except for these 20-40
You guys are priceless.

no i mean stop samefagging, nobody's fooled

Which 20-40? name one.

>if I say he no one will know I'm still samefagging
haha

ITT: a bunch of basement dwelling kissless virgins who don't even understand how the Manual Mode on their smartphone camera works "discussing" cinematography by comparing which film shot looke more pretty or nice to them

>when the cheetos and Mt. Dew collides as you enjoy le Goose amongst epic sci-fi digital scenery while wearing your most AESTHETIC fedora
is there a more comfy feeling bros?

Linklater and Solondz are far superior directors to Villeneuve but you'd probably classify them as "indie"

Whats wrong princess? Scared that there are people here who don't fall for pleb bait since all you're used to seeing on this board is meems and capeshit praise because you joined in the last 2ish years?

Blade Runner was so le epic and le goose was so based. Have you seen this really old movie called Drive? It has le goose in it too and it's also le kino

congrats, you've found out how to use incognito google chrome

dumbarse nigger

Even the old blade runner was shit

Both of them are non ambitious too safe one-note directors who are afraid to work outside of their domain.
To Linklater "ambitious" is making a film that's exactly the same as all of his other films, but film in the period of 12 years.

>8 hours of sheeps frolicking is good cinematography now
lql

The poster number has barely changed for the last 20 or so posts. This is beyond embarassing user.

How would that work if I'm samefagging but only one (You)? Explain it in detail for us

how do I become a contrarian Sup Forums?

>Both of them are non ambitious too safe one-note directors who are afraid to work outside of their domain.
Utterly and unequivocally wrong. Palindromes is far more ambitious than anything Villeneuve has attempted, and I would love to see him even attempt an exercise such as Before Sunrise. Oh wait I forgot he can't write for shit, just point at things and let more competent people work it out. Hack.

Mimic the loser itt that's sperging out.

Silhouette shots do look cool.

>/ourguy/ goose is socially awkward just like me. Based Mel Gibson hates jews just like me too. Master and Commander is kino just like drive, the thing, and the Lord of the rings. God I love Tom cruise he is so alpha

Make plebs with entry level taste insecure

thats my fucking image from a few weeks ago but you changed it from png to jpg

fuck you cuntface

Watch more films

dude i'm shitting on objectively good movies lmao

>Sicario
>objectively good
Of all the dub shit I've read ITT this is the topper. Sicario is an example absolutely horrendous scriptwriting, directed by someone who is competent but has no vision whatsoever. It is mindnumbingly boilerplate and slapped together to the point where you can hear the writer's voice come out of every character's mouth. The scene with Jon Bernthal? One of the stupidest plot contrivances of this decade, easily. And yet you idiots will lap it up because MUH DEAKINS, MUH OPERATORCORE, MUH VILLENUEVE, MUH LAND OF WOLVES!

If they are objectively good then you should be able to defend them on their own merits rather than shutting down everyone who deviates from the groupthink as a 'pleb' or 'samefag'