How the hell did Marvel make Doctor Strange a bigger deal at the Box-Office than Superman?

>I'm scratching my brain.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=drXGJ3ZZdvc&index=130&list=PL3t6ToE_EmAsSbh37ZQf1fG3mHUlnn56U&t=632s
youtube.com/watch?v=SsGpdzHTXtg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

That's worldwide gross, and MCUis a bigger deal worldwide.

But Doctor Strange is c-list at best and Superman is suppose to be iconic WORLD WIDE. Doesn't add up

On USA, BvS still lost to Deadpool, PETS and Civil War, and a bunch of other Disney movies.

How Batman, Superman and Wondy FROST TIME ON THE BIG SCREEN ALONG WITH SUPERMAN'S DEATH, lost to DEADPOOL?

three letters

MCU no wait I mean FUN

This.

Also Doctor Strange was promoted to B list thanks to the movie, same with Antman.

The media is against the DCEU and how it poses a threat to basic shovel-cinema like the MCU

With inflation I would assume MoS made more money overall, and probably more on licensing and things like that.

But the fact of the matter is that people around the world really love the Marvel movies to the point where they look forward to all of them.

I think Black Panther will put this to the test. I hope it does well, I'm really looking forward to it.

This. People were against Citizen Kane when it first came out, now it's considered by many as the greatest film ever made. I believe the DCEU will largely be viewed the same way by future connoisseurs of kino.

Superman is boring and people already know about him.

Doctor Strange, whatever he is, is fresh to the general public, so they're willing to give him more of a chance.

Samefag

Stop fellating yourself, Zack.

>muh anti-DC bias
and yet

although it's pretty obvious your both just shitty trolls

Its part of the MCU and it didn't have the baggage of expectations like MoS did

It's not that hard, it's like asking why GotG or Deadpool made so much

So? Just because you're familiar with the concept doesn't mean you feel the need to see a movie retard. I know what you want
>OMG MARVEL IS SOOOOO GOOD
But that's irrelevant. BvS was a bad movie while DS was a mediocre movie that offered brainless fun.

I was surprised how smart Doctor Strange was desu senpai.

youtube.com/watch?v=drXGJ3ZZdvc&index=130&list=PL3t6ToE_EmAsSbh37ZQf1fG3mHUlnn56U&t=632s

This. Nobody knew who the fuck Doc Strange was so there aren't any expectations. Superman has been in a ton of media so people have expectations for how he acts. Some of these are retarded
>OMG nothing can hurt him
>He's so boring because he always wins
Some are misinformed
>Supes would NEVER kill
>Why are Supes and Bats fighting? They're supposed to be friends
My fucking grandpa thought them fighting was a dumb idea because he never read TDKR and only knew them as Superfriends.

I don't see any evidence of intelligence there. Face it the movie was a braindead blockbuster like all the MCU movies even shit like WS. And that's ok, I'll take braindead blockbusters over pretentious "kino" any day.

>I don't see any evidence of intelligence there.

Stupid people typically can't understand intelligence.

>DS was a mediocre movie
maybe by your shitty standards

Must be why everyone hated BvS then, they just didn't get it, just like I can't get your oh so sophisticated capeshit blockbuster.

Eat shit, hundreds of flies can't be wrong!

[sage] Also yes that was my opinion you brain dead retard. And you're a fucking moron for acting like other people's opinions mean anything. Blade Runner was hated when it came out, now it's a classic. Same with Event Horizon. [/sage]

>Must be why everyone hated BvS then

Sure sure dcuck hahaha

youtube.com/watch?v=SsGpdzHTXtg

You do realize I was mocking you, by pointing out you're using the same logic as DC fanboys right? I already said BvS was shit.

>MKEK
Waste of time everyone, unless you put epic quips in your post he can't understand them.

There was no such thing as the DCEU when Man of Steel came out though.

Why do capeshit movie threads always boil down to DC vs Marvel faggotry?

They didnt, they had a sucesful movie on the back of another 10 movies, Man of steel came after superman returns, normies already forgot about Strange

Wouldn't everyone liking Doctor Strange mean the opposite?

Because it was better.
Like; significantly.

All the fanart that I see say otherwise.

Hell, how do you even defined that normies didn't cared?

It's a testament to how shitty the DCEU is.

LOL

>Fanart
Really? That's your measuring stick of lasting success?

What is yours? And we are talking about now, not 20 years on the future.

How you even define it? What movie that came out on the last 2 years could be used as an example?

>What movie that came out on the last 2 years could be used as an example?

Do you remember the name of the aliens in the last Independence Day movie? or The kids in JW or the orange alien in SW??

No real impact.

Why are you comparing DS to BvS? The movie in question was MoS.

What is the measuring stick of lasting success? How many threads it gets on Sup Forums?

>But that's irrelevant. BvS was a bad movie
We're talking about MoS though

Look at all that fucking Marvel bias.

>What is the measuring stick of lasting success?

Kryptonite.

Didn't answered my question.

If continuous content created by fans can't be used to measure lasting imapct, what can be used? You are making claims with baddly defined terms.

>[sage][/sage]

Laughinggirls.png

How does that work with Doctor Strange?

People were freaking out when his name was dropped in Raimi Spider-man and Winter Soldier, he was also a hippy icon back in the 60s.

No one is going to forget the name Doctor Strange. Like they do Doctor Fate.

>[sage] [/sage]
What the fuck

Because, at the end of the day, THIS is the Superman that people want to see on the screen and DC doesn't believe them.

Shilling works. Simple as that. A lot of people fell for the anti-BvS memes.

It did you tard

>its.. its their fault

Lego Batman will be the closest a DC movie will be to doing fanservice right.

>[sage][/sage]
you fucking moron

No it didn't.

How it is even comparable with Strange? Most people are aware of the main characters, same go to most MCU movies.

There is some truth to this, I was told that the Killing Joke comic was one of the best Batman comics around, then I bought it and it turned out that it actually fucking sucked.

Agreed. It's trash.

>How it is even comparable with Strange?

One is a word that is part of all western dialects Strange doesnt matter

yet no one ave a shit when he died in bvs.

Because Superman has two films that are universally beloved that are also decades old. Then two laughable stinkers. Then a long drought followed by the disappointing Superman Returns.

I'm not apologizing for MoS which was a film I didn't like but Superman has had the odds stacked against him in the film world for a very long time.

And he is still biigger

;)

Avatar isnt bigger than star wars either

I wouldn't say trash, if you get a copy with the original ink work it looks great, but the story is absolutely garbage, Joker escapes, you find out about his past, joker shoots babs, batman stops joker. Fucking what?

Superman was going against World War Z and Monsters Inc 2 while Dr. Strange had little to no competition for like 2 or 3 weeks.

Also the movie appealed to kids and families first like most Disney movies while Man of Steel was trying to appeal to teenagers and adults

What is the execuse for Deadpool funding up with BvS?

It didnt

Dude, we are talking about movies, not characters.

Donner's Superman had an impact.

MOS? No.

Bellow Strange.

Deadpool made more domestically than BvS, and almost the same internationally.

>MOS? No.
>Bellow Strange.

Bullshit.

I think a character being obscure but part of an extended universe has actually become a strength. Personally I find Superman, Spider-Man and Batman to be the least exciting characters at the moment simply because it's all been done to death for decades. Doctor Strange by contrast is like nothing anyone has ever seen before.

Does this list take inflation into account?

>Superman is suppose to be iconic WORLD WIDE
>Truth, Justice and the American way
Kind of makes you lose the world wide iconic appeal

Inflation is meaningless WW.

>ALONG WITH SUPERMAN'S DEATH,

Don't you mean """"""""""""Death"""""""""""""""

seriously what sort of hack puts the dust rising off his coffin at the end, sucking any sort of impact from the character's sacrifice.

Yes

But it's true.

Strange had a more lasting impact than MOS on normals and pop culture.

Again, no competition, comedies have a broader appeal with normies and repeat viewings, the X-men universe is well liked and the character has become really popular too among normies, video games like Marvel vs Capcom, his own game, Ultimate Spider-man and Wolverine vs have helped a lot.

You have to be an idiot if you think that Deadpool was not a money maker waiting to happen

>[sage] [/sage]
Thanks for the hearty chuckle, mate.

Have you seen the cast for Black Panther? Marvel is amazing these days at grabbing the best of the best for casting

Its not taking into account competition, MoS had a ton of competition with Wold War Z and Monsters Inc 2 while Dr. Strange had like Ghostbusters or something as competition

>Strange had a more lasting impact than MOS on normals and pop culture.

No fucking way, people were talking about Harley Quinn and Deadpool all year long while Dr. Strange was only talked about when the movie was on.

I don't remember seeing like memes being made about Dr. Strange for example

So the execute for it being more popular and we'll received....is that it is more popular and we'll received?

>Marvel is amazing these days at grabbing the best of the best for casting

Too bad that the best actors are wasted like 90% of the time, Michael Douglas as Hank Pym was nothing short of a miracle that he wasn't wasted...

And he still was!!! Imagine how much better Afe of Shitfest would have been with him dealing with Ultron on a emotional level!

That would change the movie from shit to good!

It turns out recognizably will only get you so far on it's own.

Yes, the MCU is a fucking freight train of a brand right now but that only really happens because people routinely like those films, and have the expectation that they'll be at least ok when they go in.

MoS and the DCCU don't get that luxury. They make money but people have huge fights about quality for basically every film.

It wasn't Marvel. Warner did it.

The bargain meme.

The only meme that I ever from SS was "mom's gonna freak! Method acting".

Man of what?
Superman what?

No one remembers those. When people think superman they think smallville or lois and clark or christopher reeves

You'd genuinely rather watch MoS than Doctor Strange?

executed? Idiots can't even write.

No what I meant is that comedy movies have more chances of making money and get repeat viewings than any other genre.

That and Deadpool is no C lister, he is popular as fuck even little kids know who Deadpool is.

I wish I had, I'd like my eighteen dollars back.

More recently THIS IS KATANA SHE'S GOT MY BACK seems to have gained some traction.

You haven't seen all the "I've come to bargain" memes?

Deadpool was also looking like a ridiculously niche appeal movie.

R-rated comedy capeshit.

First, only children and manchildren actually enjoy capeshit, then you have that it's a comedy, which if you look at DC""chads""" comedy makes them break out into hives and bouts of extreme rage. And then you make it r-rated, so children are now booted out, and some of the manchildren who's moms get offended by the idea of a swear word.

Also keep in mind that it wasn't even part of the MCU, it was from Fox, who gave us such works as X-Men Apocalypse and Tranktastic 4, starring Ryan Reynolds who's recent known work was fucking Green Lantern.

Deadpool had the deck stacked against it from the word go and it broke the fucking bank.

>And he still was!!! Imagine how much better Afe of Shitfest would have been with him dealing with Ultron on a emotional level!

This is the previous Antman's director fault, Marvel wanted to use Pym as Ultron creator.

not the same guy but I would watch both movies while having repeat viewings for MoS while never touching Dr. Strange again.

Most Marvel movies are good but once you see the films all you are doing is waiting for the airport battle to happen, waiting to see Hulk vs HulkBuster, etc.

I even play the movies and kept them as background noise untill those scenes come.

Is just the dialogue, everything feels like its trying to be expository

>Congratulations Cap, you just started Marvel's Civil War!
>Right now I want to destroy you Cap because you made me angry! I'm really angry at you because we used to be friends and you did this! Which is why this whole thing started and whoever wins this final battle wins the argument!

Donner and the cartoon.

DCEU Superman is like that weird neet lolifag relative, and you wish to forget that he existed.

>The way people judge longevity in movies is how many memes it can produce

I suppose this was inevitable

To be fair, Pym was still one of the best parts of that movie.

I agree but we are comic fans. The rest of the world isn't sick of Batman being forced in every comic and cartoon like we are.

I mean fucking Ant Man! Hank is my fav marvel character and i would never dream he would be in a movie, let alone playing by Michael Fucking Douglas! DC needs to make a Green Arrow movie or plastic man team up

To be fair DAMAGED and THIS IS KATANA are some of the better things to come out of SS.

>Is just the dialogue, everything feels like its trying to be expository

>Defends Man of Murder and Batman vs Super: Dawn of MARTHA

I can't tell if your being sarcastic or not, but I'll assume you are since it's the one that doesn't make you look bad.

That's because you're asking the wrong question.
You should be asking, "how did DC fail to make Superman a bigger deal than Dr Strange".

Oscar nomination

>Plastic Man
>a wacky, zany, stretchy man who's all humor
>in the current grimdark DCEU

That would be legitimately awful. I would kill for a Plastic Man movie, but not at least until the DCEU gets rebooted.

Keep moving those goalposts