mega.nz/#!Z4MnDTrC!2sOIw5iVPP0Gg22YqhaI9DrK-m84jrfh4OPOXPemWRE
youtube.com/watch?v=rtPwGR_vP94
youtu.be/zJr6c85ovqw
youtu.be/xC7OILCvNKc
youtube.com/watch?v=SCVF6pC9C8I
youtube.com/watch?v=ZettteD0n1A
cultbox.co.uk/news/writer-fired-from-doctor-who-magazine-over-coded-insult
youtube.com/watch?v=s9x4CulTTTU
huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/doctor-who-magazine-writer-fired-bbc-worldwide_uk_59f9c16ae4b00c6145e2e410
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

How has your day been /who/?

/who/ BOOK CLUB - SHIT TRIPS: VOLUME 2
WEDNESDAY EDITION
=====

Shit Trips 2 is here, so let's engage in some community self-love by reading and appreciating some of this mammoth work every Wednesday and Sunday. We'll be going through the whole thing in order.

TODAY'S STORIES:

>The Crossing of the Crossing Paths
By Dalek Kek

>The DAVROS Collective Black Archive: A Doctor Who AU
By Rachael Riley

>Punishable By Pun, The Shittiest Trip
By 2_m3t4_7U

FULL SCHEDULE: i.imgur.com/kj92Fs9.png

Previous 3 Posts:
archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/89548017/#89548194
archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/89407647/#89407954
archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/89282322/#89282423

Read, enjoy, discuss, reflect, shitpost.
Got questions about a story? Was there something you thought was GOAT? Memeyness that made you laugh? Let us all know. The floor is open all day.
If you wrote a story and you want to answer/ask questions in authorial capacity, consider a temporary trip.
Make it obvious which story you're posting about, & browse sensibly if you don't want to get spoiled on any stories.

Out of the loop but want to jump in?
Get Shit Trips: Volume 2 here:
doctorwhogeneral.wikia.com/wiki/Shit_Trips:_Vol._2
mega.nz/#!Z4MnDTrC!2sOIw5iVPP0Gg22YqhaI9DrK-m84jrfh4OPOXPemWRE

Neos feedback:

Why the fuck does TARDIS Data Core have a page for necrophilia but not a page for Timothy X Atack?

I found some relatively big cards of some portraits of The Doctor - I couldn't find 2 or 4 but I'll drop the ones I did find.

First one's for Edge.

Relatively uneventful. I worked on some uni stuff and read more of the EDAs, but other than that I haven't been very productive.

w-why are you looking up necrophilia?

this one's for

Because it's my go-to page on pointless Data Core articles.

You know that feeling when you've got a paper due tomorrow and you have nothing to do today but you just want to sit here and read some comfy Gareth?

That's how my day is going.

hungover

This one is for Neo.

Nice, hope all the uni stuff is ok. Finishing off yet more e s s a y s today but I arranged to go to the wonderful world of spoons on Wednesday.
YES YES YES I DO. Papers due for Sunday and I've got no class tomorrow but fuck me I need to work
get on stream we're all teetotal nerds who will make you one of us

also /who/ are you a typical teenager? 'An apparently typical teenager — obsessed with football, sex and alien conspiracy theories ' t. TARDIS wiki

Final one I have.

Strange, my internal clock is all off today. Morning for me now. Got some work stuff to do, some EDAs to read, some 5 to mock
The GOAT and the WOAT
>get on stream we're all teetotal nerds
Can't confirm
>teenager
Definitely can't confirm. I sex and aliens though?

Oh, bless! Thanks user! These are really neat!

McGanon posting best Doctor (>inb4 it's 3 XD) how odd!
You don't count old man Neo. 'I sex and aliens' t.Neo, let's keep the thread wholesome and not get into your sensorite fetish please

I'm so sorry user I thought this was McGanon for some reason, thanks for uploading these!

I didn't even notice lmao

what about 2 and 4? i assume there's no 12 from the series 6 picture of 11

I couldn't find 2 or 4 - the ones I did find were all together. I can have a look for them in a bit but there's no 12.

@otherist something on the stream just reminded me of you

>old man
Everyone's saying this to me lately..
>'I sex and aliens' t.Neo
lmao oops, my spelling has been off lately

Nah it's fine! I wasnt being whiny, just wondering if they left 2 and 4 out (which would be weird since they're ostensibly amongst the most popular Doctors)

It's because it's time for you to go into the /who/ retirement home old man!

Unrelated: youtube.com/watch?v=rtPwGR_vP94

Thank you user, this is what I was missing in my day and life.

youtu.be/zJr6c85ovqw wake me up clala

th-thank you!

I would never degrade myself by posting any of those non-canon Doctors.

>old man Neo
I'm so glad people have picked up on this.

But I still have so much to live for! I could do so much more! SO MUCH MORE youtu.be/xC7OILCvNKc

>‘Thank goodness for that,’ said the Doctor. ‘For one
moment there, I thought this episode – I mean to say this
episode of my life – was going in a different direction. Please,
forgive my interruption, do go on.’

Careful Gareth, that's surprisingly close to deconstruction.

Even better. I feel the catharsis healing my soul as I listen.

I mean it's not really people picking up on it, I'm still daybeen lmao and I've not seen any anons aside from me post it.

>non-canon and posting a pic of 8
what did she mean by this?

No you couldn't when this is what will replace you: youtube.com/watch?v=SCVF6pC9C8I

Glad to have made the pain go away!

boffat

Tribute to the secret romance of McGanon and Neo: youtube.com/watch?v=ZettteD0n1A

>secret
I think it's beyond that now

Real talk: did she shit inside him without his permission?

I know who you are, silly. Nobody else gets utterly cheesed off when I remind them that One isn't canon.

stop this meme!!!

loffat

schlmoffat

Oh, thought you didn't cos a few times you've not cottoned on.
>cheesed off
I think you mean rightfully angry REEEEEEEEE. Also no, I won't end this meme!
shitinsidesomeonewithouttheirpermissionoffat

so uh its today....where's the composer news? what was his news?

>>old man Neo
>I'm so glad people have picked up on this.
reeee it's not weird

Heh, I unironically really like Kesha

It was completely unrelated to Who, fuck yeah

He just announced a new live album or something, not Who

HOT GOSSIP FROM PRIVATE EYE ABOUT DWM

PANINI AND BBC WORLDWIDE ARE CUNTS

MORE

FUCK YES PRIVATE EYE GOSSIP IS THE BEST GOSSIP.

Also - holy fucking shit. BBC Worldwide really are cunts.

I was about the Life of Evans
brigadier book and it just vanished
any info on this?

cultbox.co.uk/news/writer-fired-from-doctor-who-magazine-over-coded-insult

>As we head into the 21st century, FINALLY a female Time Lord in charge of her own spaceship... oh wait!
>who is every other female Time Lord

image the uproar when a MAN takes the role from Jodie

If they'd organised 2013 better, the original TARDIS set for An Adventure in Space and Time could have been built earlier and used in Journey to the Centre of the TARDIS.

Also it couldn't have been too expensive to remake 4's wooden room right?

Just annoys me a "TARDIS episode" doesn't explore actual old TARDIS stuff

Holy shit. By the sounds of this it seems like (((Chibcuck))) was forced into a female Doctor and (((diverse))) companions. We need to bring them down.

No, it was Chibnall who pushed for a female Doctor.

proof?

It'd be pretty cool to get an "every TARDIS ever" episode if it was done properly.

Chances are it wouldn't be.

youtube.com/watch?v=s9x4CulTTTU

SNAKE ME UP

Why on earth should a TARDIS episode explore old TARDIS stuff? If anything it should have been exploring more COMPLETELY UNSEEN stuff, instead of the sort of shitty amount it actually did.
Just because Doctor's Wife involved visiting the old console, people automatically expect that of TARDIS episodes now?

To be fair, they could've just borrowed elements of the old set (roundel walls, console, hatstand) from the DWE too.

>Just annoys me a "TARDIS episode" doesn't explore actual old TARDIS stuff
at least Nyssa's room

>By the sounds of this it seems like (((Chibcuck))) was forced into a female Doctor and (((diverse))) companions.
can you fucking read?
BBC Worldwide literally went after the magazine because they had interviewees who said negative things about trump and brexit. It's the BBC "we must be neutral!!" syndrome taken to the extreme.

uh-oh

huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/doctor-who-magazine-writer-fired-bbc-worldwide_uk_59f9c16ae4b00c6145e2e410

Because it's been established the old console rooms exist within the TARDIS still, which are more interesting than just more corridors.
That's true

>which are more interesting than just more corridors.
The TARDIS also has an infinity of other rooms inside it, which are vastly more interesting than the shallow fanservice of old console rooms. Stephen Thompson just has no imagination.

wtf

here's your (You)

>Stephen Thompson just has no imagination.
Nor did the designer of that episode. The corridors were so ... bland

>Come back to me when our white children die out.
if it'll stop this genre of shitposting, please let it speed up

There are plenty of interesting stories you can tell with old rooms, especially in an anniversary year, and my point was that they were already building a set of 1's TARDIS for the year anyway so if they'd shifted around production for AAISAT they could have potentially used sets from it for S7.

The fact there was significant time spent in corridors to begin with was the problem. You can see how Clara just runs past rubbish little CGI inserts of the different rooms, and the "library" consists of one shelf plus a gigantic CGI shot.

A really good TARDIS episode would get clever and use location shoots to save on creating original environments/sets. "But it should all look aesthetically coherent! You can't just go from a sci-fi corridor into a big church hall or a field!" Bollocks to that, it's the fucking TARDIS! It ought to be surreal.

Doctor Who is dead.

Panini getting nailed by BBCWW explains a lot about the random DWA cancellation.

How do you go from this

To this?

Kino in the stream

ACTUAL KINO IN THE STREAM

To this?

the opposite of kino is in the stream

doctorwhogeneral.wikia.com/wiki/Roblox_Doctor_Who_Series in the stream

What are the biggest Roblox Who tropes?

>TARDIS is on fire
>Mispronounces a word
What else?

10 connected users in the stream

>The Five Doctors reference

No sir, all 11!

Ooh good one

>it cahhhhhhhhhhn't be!
>What?
>How can- What? I don't...

*olds your girl*

>Uses someone elses catchphrase

*bakes your gallifrey*

>laddoc confirms that he's going to do something

>Meanwhilest, would you like a jelly baby?

*springs your step*

Oh shit looks like Nicholas Pegg deleted his twitter.

I'd probably want to avoid social media for a bit if I was in his position, you don't want loads of randoms asking you for comment.

Welcome to the Chibnall era!
>hated Classic Who while it was on TV
>has subzero appreciation for the expanded universe (didn't even understand the Kate Stewart reference in his own episode)
>hasn't listened to even a single Big Finish audio
>instructed BBC Worldwide to bully Panini into cancelling DWA and slashing DWM
>drove Torchwood into the ground to the point that it had to be saved by RTD literally taking over
>thought Gatiss was good enough to invite back, but still hasn't talked to Matthieson
>has never written an actually good episode of Dr Who
>forced BBC to create the 2016 hiatus for no reason whatsoever
>stuffed Doctor Who with recurring characters in his first series because he only knows how to write one kind of show
>planned to lose the show's Christmas spot by reneging and not telling anyone about it, forcing Moffat to save the day
>can't write characters beyond the basest cliches
>literally his only success was full of abysmal scripts saved only by direction and acting

Mate, I at least added loads of weird and surreal ones to mine before I stopped posting it.

>thought Gatiss was good enough to invite back, but still hasn't talked to Matthieson
This was 100% fake, Gatiss wasn't even on the talkshow spoilerhounds trolled saying it was said on

I have the nastiest feeling that Chib is gonna do something to fuck over the EU somehow. Charging more for the Big Finish license, or returning the comics and books to their pre-Moffat levels of creative freedom, or cracking down on charity anthologies, or something.

Watch out for Chris 'Sex Gas' Chibnall

>Has never (never ever (never)) written a genuinely good Doctor Who episode
>Entrapped millions of viewers into a sadistic game of watching Broadchurch then being let down by the twists
>Continued the gradual erosion of Doctor Who's yearly runtime
>Inspired Levine to write Doctor In Distress
>Is stuffing Doctor Who with recurring characters in his first series because he only knows how to write one kind of show
>Drove Torchwood (Mark One) into the ground (t. Lawrence Miles who is right about everything)
>Suggested the 2016 hiatus to the BBC commissioner so he could have more time to prepare to ruin the show
>Leaked memos indicate he is directing Bradley Walsh to "play it like you're on The Chase"
>The Power of Three's script traumatised esteemed acting practitioner Steven Berkoff so badly he couldn't move and they had to put him in a wheelchair forcing a total rewrite of the climax
>Drops huge announcements randomly at 10.30pm with no fanfare just because it makes Gareth Roberts spadge his undies
>Personally leaked the tape of Moffat shagging Caro Skinner
>Sent his metacrisis duplicate back in time to attack JNT, Pip and Jane Baker on national television and precipiate the death of Classic Who
>Speculated to be a failed clone of RTD
>Plotted to lose the show the Christmas slot by reneging on writing the special and not telling anyone about it, until Moffat desperately dashed out the shooting script on a napkin at 1am
>Anything that holds the image of a Chibnall is a Chibnall
>Put an Ood in the loo
>Confirmed by DWSR to have created multiple active tulpas currently attacking anyone within a mile of filming
>Hypnotically influenced Gatiss into including the "please sing the song" door lock in Sleep No More
>Unleashed anarchy on the set of Cold Blood after punching Karen Gillan in the left breast
>Currently under investigation after traces of an unidentified pink gas were found in Jodie Whittaker's dressing room

DEFEND THIS

almost every point on this list is either untrue or some ridicolous le trolling

>it's a Rachel Talalay episode

lymkino

Literally which? "hated Classic Who while it was on TV", sure, but he didn't get the Kate Stewart reference, he hasn't listened to a single audio, his run on Torchwood sucked, none of his Dr Who episodes have been great, he did force the BBC to create the 2016 hiatus, he is stuffing Dr Who with recurring characters, he did reneg from the Christmas spot and force Moffat to scramble, all his characters are cliches and the direction and acting in Broadchurch is way better than the writing (seriously, read a transcript: characters just walk into rooms and announce what cliche they're supposed to be)
Refute literally any of this

Despite the memeing, Rachel Talaylaylaylaylaylay's moody direction approach is kino and fits the episodes