Disney will receive 65% of revenue from ticket sales, the highest percentage a Hollywood studio has ever demanded...

>Disney will receive 65% of revenue from ticket sales, the highest percentage a Hollywood studio has ever demanded. They’re also forcing theaters to screen the film in their largest auditorium for at least four weeks. For previous Star Wars movies, the studio has required 64% of the revenue from ticket sales and four week commitments, but typical Disney movies only require a two week commitment.
>If any Last Jedi movie theaters break any condition of the agreement – pulling just one screening from the schedule, for example, or even advertising the movie before Disney gives their approval – the studio will charge a 5% penalty fee, raising their take to a staggering 70% of ticket sale revenue.

I already bought my tickets so I don't have to worry about any hidden fees. lmao! sucker!

This is surely what Walt wanted

>disney asks for a 1% higher ticket sale share
>everyone flips out

>Be Disney
>Advertise yourself as the family friendly moral value movie Studio of America
>In reality, you're the greediest, shadiest, laziest, and snakiest company out of them all

these fees are for the theaters not you

noticeable lack of interest regarding this film that's only 6 weeks(!) from release, Disney is tightening this revenue streams at all costs

Walt was a ruthless capitalist

Theaters will pass the fees down to the customer though. If it becomes too difficult to profit off the movie with current prices, they may raise prices.

This is fucking evil. Tarantino complained about this some year ago where theatres couldn't show Hateful Eight due to Rogue One hogging all the showings.

>noticeable lack of interest regarding this film
Is there? I know on social media nobody seems to give a shit but normalfags?

BREAKING NEWS
>Disney still acts like a group of cunts

That's not Disney's fault. The theaters in that situation CHOSE to have many showings of Rogue One, they weren't obligated to have that many showings.

Episode 7, but otherwise spot on

Yea but I don't care

That's not what happened. Disney threatened to pull the film if the theatres continued showing H8ful.
Also it was TFA, not RO

Walt had his workers legs broken on a monthly basis out of boredom.

[citation needed]

I don't know actually I just wanted to be part of the thread

No way its gonna do as well as force awakens, unless the movie is amazing. I think there are plenty of people who hated force awakens and won't see this one, especially not in theaters

No no. Disney fucking gave them an all or nothing ultimatum. Of course no sane theatre would pass on Star Wars but it fucked over the competition big time. Tarantino got fucked big time because as per contract, theaterd were forced to have SW play on all the big showings.

Yes? Do you think he was some kind of magical wizard figure instead of the disgusting corporatist monster that he really was?

>Disney is a piece of shit
wow
what else is new

Yeah it's probably going to be more in line with Rogue One than TFA. Nobody really seems to care about Finn and Rey and other forgettable Disney OC donut steel characters.

I really fucking hope it gets leaked in its first week. There's no company more fitting for it to happen to

t. neogaf

Why isn't the media reporting these shitty Disney tactics?

People who use social media are normies, including (You).

if neogaf is so strong it can overwhelm us maybe it deserves to win

kike containment thread

That's what they said about stormfront 5 years ago. I guess it's not like this site has any sort of culture to really be destroyed

Mouse shills will defend this
Mouse shills incoming in 3... 2... 1...

>still supporting this shit

They'll just tell themselves that it's ok because at least they get to pay to see it (and be part of the problem in doing so).

That's what it means to be not a person but just a consumer.

>TLJ will underperform madly compared to TFA
>fuck it we'll just extort more money from theatres instead
Stay classy Disney

This is what happens when a company falls into greedy kike hands. That guy was a weatherman. Can you believe it?

>disney asks for a 1% higher ticket sale share
1 percentage point, not 1 percent.

It's just 1 butthurt kike since Walt despised them

I miss Walt guys. Fantasia, Bambi and Pinnochio are some of the best films he ever did

Unironically yes. Anything less would disappoint him extremely.

It's sad because Disney used to make authentic films.

>That guy was a weatherman. Can you believe it?
Yes, nepotism.

>Looks the new stars wars movie is not going to gross as much as the previous one, the hype is low.
>Better extort money from theater chains and owners.

It was literally one theater, Quentin was promised by Cinerama Dome in Hollywood that they would show hateful eight through the Christmas season, and then Disney threatened to pull TFA from ALL of that theater provider's cineplexes if they were not granted priority in the Dome. Fuckin nasty cunts.

>That guy was a weatherman. Can you believe it?

Wasn't he a WhetherMan? 'Cause by now, he's definitely a YesMan.

Yep. They play dirty, and it's 100% "legal" (in a leftist interpretation of the law).

Let it crash and burn. Everyone knows Disney decided to make whitey-Luke a villian to push for their narrative of white males being villians.

And I hope everyone in it ends up on TMZ stories for sexually-harassing people.

The fact that he hates Jew is a big plus too.

Didn't they promise him a job as a consultant then tell him to fuck off once the ink dried and they owned it?

He seemed to be under the impression he'd still manage the story. But then Disney told him to fuck off because they wanted a safe nostalgia pandering rehash instead. It's obvious this isn't what he or Hamill wanted for Episode 7.

Mousecuck shills need to be dipped in boiling oil.

Mouseshills only show up once you start debating copywrong.

>Yep. They play dirty, and it's 100% "legal" (in a leftist interpretation of the law).
What is leftist about this? it's pure crony capitalism like the orange slimeball would approve. Bob Iger was on the Trump council for a reason and was quite happy when orange man won the election. Bob keeps crying about Disney paying too much taxes. Any decent person should boycott that evil company

Dude, it wasn't Disney that was in position of offering anything when Lucas was negociating the deal, he had the high ground. But he made the huge mistake in trusting kathleen kennedy and Bob iger . he thought they were firends because he knew them for decade. These leeches stuck around him only because he was a billionaire filmmaker, they wouldn't even look at him otherwise.

everything bad is leftism

>Lucas had the high ground and still lost
How ironic.

Mouseshills will slide the thread, wait for the inevitable DC vs Marvel thread popping up in the next few minutes. Also MIramax (Weinstein) is owned by you know who, go to any thread and you'll find them trying to pitch people against "roasties" instead of the sleazy jews

Well 65% of nothing is still nothing, which is exactly what they'll get from me.

He was backstabbed, it happens to the bests

based walt

yet this board kisses the ground they walk on

>wrong
>"this board"

>paying to see a shit movie
Jokes is on you sucker

>What is leftist about this?
Crony neoliberalism is still leftist, but with a jewy veneer. It's like if Jews stopped pretending to be fair and generous, but it's actual reality and a political stance.
>Degeneracy and multi-kulti is for the go--everyone. Consume or you're an anti-Semite!

>what are shills

Sup John Oliver

Jokes on you, losers.
My parents at paying for the tickets LOL
#NeetLife

This is gonna make 1.5 billion, so I get why they're doing this.

Walt was a salty corporate monster, developing his tendencies learning from hardcore jews and early capitalists abuse.
But he also had genuine passion and respect, so he wasn't a complete monster.

You should read a book about Walt or something.

People are starting to see that mouse wars is shallow nostalgia wanking, not to mention oversaturation from having a spinoff turd hitting the theatres between episodes

Right on cue

Not even hiding anymore

Clever mouseshills never change.

Holy shit

>DC
>Detective Comics
>DChads can detect Mouse shill bullshit to a beat.
fucking lmao!

>disney
>hitler and not a jew
wat

There's literally nothing wrong with this, if some shitty small company is bought by a larger one the economy as a whole becomes more efficient.

yeah, other than us having become a propaganda state where information is controlled and goes through the hands of a very few vs many

Fuck Star Wars.

A small company would still get most of its news second hand from a larger one anyway.

Wrong. Ripping stories off the AP is a fairly recent phenomenon. You have no idea what things were like back in the day when there was actual reporting.

>they may raise prices.
They can't raise prices, they have a hard enough time getting asses in seats as it is.

The mouse always wins. Resistance is futile.

Why?

Yeah both TFA and R1 soured people. Two years after TFA and almost nobody online is talking about it fondly. Once the initial wave of Disney critics left public conscious it became blatantly obvious to all that Disney is treating SW like a coal mine to extract all value of. They will pump and dump SW, just like they're doing with Marvel.

> its too late

Please don't insult Hitler by conflating him with jewish greed.

So is the force tree real or not?

not him but which one? I would love to learn more about the man. All I know about him is pol memes, tv memes, and a leftist documentary about him

this

I think the difference is that, for better or worse, they built their fan base for the marvel movies from the ground up. Even among people into comics, no one was really a huge fan of fucking Iron Man or Thor. I also think that everything building up to the avengers was kind of neat, as an audience we hadn't seen something that ambitious before.
Star Wars has an established fan base, and 2-6 really good movies (depending on who you are and how you want to slice it), and if they keep making movies that don't live up to that, I wonder if audiences might not just give up on it sooner than they would with something disney/marvel has built from the ground up.

The only reason MCU became popular wasn't even because of Disney. It was all Paramount/Favreau. Iron Man 1 established Tony as the next Jack Sparrow. Disney got lucky as fuck and just decided to continue with that universe as RDJ as lead. The Disney-made origin films were shockingly boring and mediocre box office performers in comparison. People give Disney too much credit.

>Holy shit! 1%!!!!!???!!??!
kys

This.
I don't think he would mind the high cut they are asking but I think he would have a problem with four weeks.

>implying Disney has done everything wrong
Walt Disney would be proud of what Disney is doing with his company. Prove me wrong.

Notice that they beat themselves for demanding the highest percentage, studios typical ask for 50%, disney wants 65-70% depending on if they PUNISH you for not doing what they say. I wouldn't expect you to have great reading comprehension when you have that giant mouse cock in your face

>These poor companies have to follow a contract!
>Feel bad for them!!
If they can't make money from following the deal, they won't take the deal. You fucking pussy.

Why are you so desperate to defend Disney's extortion tactics?

I cant imagine theatres can make money with such deals.

They can't afford not to show Star Wars either. It's a lose-lose scenario. Lucas would be rolling in his grave if he was dead. He would never approve of these bully tactics.