Leto vs Ledger

>For his role as the Joker, Heath Ledger studied A Clockwork Orange's Alex, Sid Vicious, The Killing Joke and A Serious House on a Serious Earth.

Leto probably took inspiration from 90's Jim Carrey.

Other urls found in this thread:

batman-news.com/2016/04/15/jared-leto-joker-preparation-suicide-squad/
cbr.com/grant-morrison-gave-jared-leto-joker-advice-for-suicide-squad/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Ledger Joker is ridiculously overrated

now that the dust has settled, I don't think that Letos joker was entirely that bad. From the deleted scenes he had a really good joker grin. I thought he was better than I expected him to be.

And despite what people say about heath, to me he always seemed like a brand new character named joker with the jokers appearance. He didnt seem crazy and he was missing a lot of the jokers themed gags. He was a very good character but he didn't seem very jokerish to me.

But there's no question that it was far better then Leto

The tattoos alone ruin Leto Joker for me, nevermind the grill. Yes I am that superficial and not afraid to voice it.

>NOT MUH

You really think the Joker, if he got tattoos, wouldn't make them all homages to himself? You really think the Joker isn't that big of a shithead?

He wouldnt have them in the first place, it was a stupid design choice.

Almost all of TDK Joker's gags were sight gags or conceptual humor. Whether you like him or not, TDK Joker hedges closer to versions of the Riddler than he does Joker.

The thing with Leto's Joker is that he was embarrassing.

All the time he looked like an edgy teenager trying too hard.

Ledger's Joker looked like the edgelord older brother of Leto's Joker, but still was more entertaining on his movie.

The matter is not being different from the comics.

When people complain that something is different from the comics, it is usually only when the "new" take wasn't great to begin with to be comparable. Ledge's Joker is well liked despite being a new take, while Leto's is considered a faggot.

Going by GMozz's super-sanity reasoning, Joker would get the tattoos.

batman-news.com/2016/04/15/jared-leto-joker-preparation-suicide-squad/

>I first started at the beginning, educating myself, researching, reading as much as I could, going back to the source material. And then at a certain point, I knew I had to stop doing that. Because the Joker has been redefined, reinvented many times before.

> I did meet with people that were experts, doctors, psychiatrists that dealt with psychopaths and people who had committed horrendous crimes, and then I spent some time with those people themselves, people who have been institutionalized for great periods of time.

cbr.com/grant-morrison-gave-jared-leto-joker-advice-for-suicide-squad/

>“He [Leto] called me to talk about his approach to the character and I steered him in a few directions,” explained Morrison
For your quote OP
>>For his role as the Joker, Heath Ledger studied A Clockwork Orange's Alex, Sid Vicious, The Killing Joke and A Serious House on a Serious Earth.
All I can find is a fucking wikipedia page. Find real sources. Also this is kind of bullshit, since the most publicly acknowledged source for Heath's Joker was Tom Waits.

The Joker, trying too hard? Being embarrassing? Wow, what a novel concept.

The Joker is THE tryhard. He thinks he's funny, he gets mad when people don't find him funny, he fucking kills people who don't find him funny.

And he worries about breaking his nails.

>All I can find is a fucking wikipedia page. Find real sources.

That's not possible anymore. Wiki cites some bullshit page as reference, then 1001 sites will cite Wikipedia - some without mentioning their source - and then Wikipedia will cite those sites as reference, creating a continuous loop of bullshit.

so there is no real source for it then? OP is full of shit.

Cesar Romero was the best Joker

I prefer this Joker.

They're both terrible.

Leto has a nice ass desu.

I think Romero, Nicholson and Ledger were the best choices for the kind of live-action adaptation they were cast for. Sure, it's fun to watch those videos where people read Ledger's dialogue from TDK in the voice of BTAS Joker or whatever, but those three men were chosen to deliver a damn good performance, and that's what we got.

That said, I would LOVE to hear the hospital bed scene from TDK in Romero's voice.

>dat spoiler

Minifig, you can be a whiny little bitch and the utmost faggot, but god damn it you can come up with the goods when you want to.

OP's source is Ledger's journal while preparing for the role.

The joker is the ultimate attention whore. He's arrogant, over the top and in the case he ever got tatoos he would certainly make them about himself.

That said, the tatoos and the laugh were really distracting. Also the tone of the movie and the very few joker scenes didn't make Leto any favours.

what about HIM?

Not a grill

Too hammy, only casuals and gothamfags thinks that he's good
Even Leto did a better job

Why would reinventing himself inevitably include tattoos? If SS Joker had been designed as a freak in a gimp suit who liked to force people to torture him in crippling ways, would you have defended that too?

He had his moments.

He makes for a good Johnny Charisma, not The Joker himself

He deserved the praise, it was a great performance, and also impressive how he took a really well known villain and did something new with him in a way that still worked. Most of the time when someone tries something new with an already established villain everyone hates it. I doubt there are many other actors who would've pulled it off if they were in his place.

It's not a grill, they're fillings from having his teeth constantly knocked out.

Terrible. Overacts like crazy. Only a moron would think he's anything but shit.