ITT: actors who were supposed to be the next big thing

ITT: actors who were supposed to be the next big thing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/dfMP9GxEof4?t=353
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

God I wish I could've hung out with coked out Val Kilmer and insane Brando on that fucking island

I'm a Robot now

Oh he got big all right. Huge, in fact.

he's always looked like a big-lipped schmuck to me

Taylor Kitsch

He had some amazing films though back in the day. Tombstone, Heat, Top Gun, Ghost and the Darkness.

holy fuck, you have a thread like this, and theres NO sam worthington? are you kiddding me? he was in avatar and clash of the titans and was supposed to be the next tom cruise. unfortinately for him, he couldnt act and had zero charisma

Sam Worthington
Aka:
>Give me the completely generic, forgettable action star, senpai

In the future

All he had to ever do was his Doc Holliday in Tombstone. He was perfect

2009-2013 was a weird time. They put that guy in fucking everything and then just dropped him the fuck off the face of the earth

Val Kilmer works as intended, as the seasoning used to enhance the overall meal

There’s one line in avatar where he yells “they’re very powerful!” And the way he says powerful is Australian accent is so apparent it baffles me to this day how they let it slip through

Wasn't he a big deal for some small time frame though?

I hope he hasn't peaked but I don't see what else he can do

He had hype because Cameron cast him in Avatar and they wanted to hire him while he was still cheap.

Same with this Manhunt show I watched with him in it. There was a line where he shouts "YOU'VE GOT A LOT OF NERVE", and he totally aussied it up, it felt naked when there was no cunt at the end.

He really didn't age well

(ME ON THE LEFT)

He got second hand throat cancer from Catherine Zeta Jones' pussy

He seems to be doing okay.

He aging into the guy who played Ajax in The Warriors

Josh Hartnett

Literally every single actor Hollywood is trying to force down our faces these days. Chris Pine, The 'Drive' guy (forgot his name), all the other whats-his-faces like that fag in passengers... nobody seems to have any real charisma anymore. Doesn't seem like we're getting any new demi-god actors on the level that fags like Tom Cruise and Brad Pitt used to get at.

This really.
Hollywood has no stars anymore.

Well he did do comeback with his CSI role.

All of them honestly

because of fags like miles teller, we're getting indiana jones 5 with 80 year old harrison ford because there's nobody to replace the old blood. it's sad really.

I think he got his big break like 5 years too late. after a couple movies, he was already too old for stardom.

A truly memorable character, hard to find these days.

If we're talking underrated, underused Tombstone actors...

How many kids on this board can name this star of Terminator and Aliens? Not enough, is the answer.

The proliferation of reality TV, internet gossip sites and later YouTube killed the charisma of the Hollywood Star

Ford and Eastwood both were late bloomers.

kids probably know him from that far cry game

Micheal bein? He was great in Planet terror. After tombstone he just up and disappeared. I blame Kilmer for stealing the spotlight (from everyone) from his scenes.

Harrison Ford was 35 when he got a role in Star Wars

He became an massive alcoholic to the point where it fucked up casting calls let alone actual acting jobs

Not really. In the past most actors didn't become leading men until their mid 30s

clooney too but those were different times with way less competition. today there's a horde of 20 something chads waiting to take your place.

Oh shit man, sad if true.

Chris Pine is literally the next Brad Pitt.Just watch Hell or High Water.

Most hollywood stars these days have zero substance and nothing in there backgrounds that would help them relate to an even vaguely
complex interesting character.

>The 'Drive' guy (forgot his name)
Faggot, Ryan Gosling is the only one doing it right.

Remar looks younger than Val though.

He got so far but in the end it doesn't even matter.

>Ajax in The Warriors
I'll always remember him as discount Raiden

She was supposed to be the next JLaw

Why does Kronk have a white hand?

i might be wrong but it's like hollywood stopped being interested in Kilmer when he lost his youthful handsome good looks. same that happened with travolta.

OP must be 12 years old. Kilmer was huge in the 90s and released nothing but absolute kino.

The Doors
True Romance
Tombstone
Thunderheart
Heat
Batman Forever
The Ghost and the Darkness
The Saint
Prince of Egypt

Even his one box office failure The Island of Dr. Moreau is very entertaining.

I love a girl on cocaine

The Doors was a really terrible movie, though.
All the emphasis on Morrison's rock 'n roll image and nothing about his more introverted, intellectual and complicated emotional side. Never took his image and persona down to earth, which makes the film seem cool as a teenager but have no real lasting value furthermore, imo...

:(

f

I always noticed it in this part in Black Ops 1

youtu.be/dfMP9GxEof4?t=353

>"today's the day we succeed"

Chris Pratt kinda is doing it

bingo

He's gonna be an uggo so you can say goodbye to that.

Not only is the same character, but he's a voice actor of the same character on a direct-to-netfiix animated series that had 1 season of topical jokes, if that. Truly shamful

Things were simpler then.

he was pretty much the biggest thing for the whole 90s but then kinda dropped off right in the 00's

Beat me to that 2D actor.

RIP

sadly true, he was a very good actor on breaking bad, and then it seemed like he either made shitty choices or couldnt land roles for whatever reason. I think that need for speed movie mightve been a bad choice of his

>Watching Star Trek 2009
>It's so generic, but the comedic timing is decent
>Hey look it's Kurt Cobain from LotR
>Who is this guy playing Kirk? His eyebrows are huge wtf J.J.
>mfw he ends up being an actual actor who used the Jew to skyrocket his popularity
In retrospect it was a mistake to cast him as Steve Trevor because even with that garbage script he made Gadot look exactly like what she is; not an actor, and by "actor" I mean somebody who can't even read lines or properly emote.

I liked him in Kiss kiss Bang bang

I'd like to take this moment to say how shit of an actor Clooney is. If that fuck is starring in a movie you're thinking of watching it's about time to look for a different one.

Good actor

Didn't have the face for Hollywood

Stephen Lang is the best minor actor from Tombstone, fight me

You can try to watch it as an accurate biopic or you can watch it as a tall tale about Jim. I think it's hard to say Val Kilmer as Jim, Cripsin Glover as Andy Warhol and Kyle McLachland as Ray Manzarek aren't all amazing casting choices that are fun to watch. Maybe the whole film could've been cut down a bit. Overall imo it's a fun watch if you don't really take it seriously. When You're Strange narrated by Johnny Depp is better if you're looking to gain some legitimate insight.

I'll always remember him as Dexter's father.

Slevin is pretty underrated

Xbox, find me a job.

Guess he did okay for himself but just never made it as the lead, even after they tried pushing him multiple times

It wasnt his face that was the problem. I remember reading an interview some years back when he was asked why he "fell off"/disappeared.
He mention that during the height of his popularity (after pearl harbour came out), the studios tried to force him to sign onto the superman role a couple of times, which he refused.
In turn he was supposedly blackballed from the industry.

I don't remember him ever being heralded as the next big thing. He just happened to be cast in a bunch of high profile movies.

kilmer waifus blanchett

He did the right thing. He would have been COMPLETELY miscast as Superman.

RIP Penny Dreadful

He's short, not very good looking and has a bland face that's neither heroic nor villainish. I literally can't imagine him even as a character actor because I can't imagine any character type he could play. Sad really

I'VE BEEN BUSY

He was a pretentious primadona that wanted to pursue his art house shit instead of good movies that everyone wanted to put him in

>He mention that during the height of his popularity (after pearl harbour came out), the studios tried to force him to sign onto the superman role a couple of times, which he refused.
Wasn't it Batman Begins he turned down?

Hello Tom why are you shitposting instead of worshipping Xenu?

>short
Doesn't mean a thing in Hollywood. I'll concede the other two, but I really think he just should've stuck to playing more characters like Jesse. He would've been fine.

I remember after scrubs zach braff got into a few movies but then nothing.
Bradley cooper still making movies?

top tier taste

...that's Neil Patrick Harris with a jew wig, right?