This show sucks. Boring, sterile, garbage

This show sucks. Boring, sterile, garbage.

hows the ADHD treating you timmy

great criticism.

t. capeshitter who ran out of Marvel Netflix shows to watch

I don't watch capeshit at all. The show is just profoundly shit.

>its a dead eyed gf says something snarky episode

I binged this show while studying over the last week.
I enjoyed it for what it is. But I wish they would of at least showed a murder from the killers they were interviewing. I got to the point where i felt like i was working with them. It got more and more stale as it went on, and then it ended with a hug from Kemper. I am glad that boring af girlfriend is gone.
Anyone else notice in the scene where she says she's trying to study, she had nothing written down on the paper at all..

I'll add some more: Pretentious, Pseudo-Intellectual garbage disguised as something deep with redundant over the top corny as shit dialogue.

Its neat to see serial killers acted out and the cinematics are pretty. Solid 6/10 from me
Biggest problem are the female characters, both were annoying uppity dykes, made me sympathetic with why the murderers killed so many women

their sex was actually boring to watch too. were they even ever interested in each other?

How fucking pointless were these scenes?
It lead absolutely nowhere....

What was the main character's deal?

I could never read the guy.

This.
Terrible show all in all.

I didn't necessarily mean it as a criticism.

He doesn't like hugs.

The Principle was a pedo in the making.
Holden did nothing wrong.

>stop touching my kids
>no
>gets fired
>there are apparently two sides to this issue

The real Ed Kemper is still alive. I wonder how many stupid fangirls are going to start contacting him now because of this show.

Bigest problem for me was the script and dialogue, it so artificial. In the first episode where they are theorizing what a serial killer could be based on "recent" events, the two characters were talking like they just discovered the atom bomb or something, when serial killing was already part of the american culture since the cowboy days, Albert Fisher in the 20s being the most prominent.

Besides the corniness in the dialogue, that kind of detail just tells me they really dint care that much about the subject to truly research it.

It's a solid enough binge-watch if you're browsing Netflix and nothing is jumping out at you; but it's pretty mediocre overall.

>I'll add some more: Pretentious, Pseudo-Intellectual garbage disguised as something deep with redundant over the top corny as shit dialogue.

is it even possible to watch a show without any SJW undertones?

Seems like the biggest reason to set this in the 70s is to show how horribly backwards people were back then not talking about perverted sex-practices all the time and not being enlightened about transsexuals (which were a part of every culture on this planet all throughout the ages of course).

Yeah it shows why the interviews are the only parts where it shines, since most of the dialogue in them was taken straight from actual interviews from the killers

The guy is stalking qt Holden.

Poor Ed was born in the wrong era, if he was born today he would have been shitposting on here in peace

I could be waring a katana/fedora combo irl and my argument still holds dude

The only Netflix show without leftist propaganda is Buddy Thunderstruck. which is great

If he has computer privileges at the facility he's staying at, he might be on the Internet right now.

Tench is pretty great

Wendy is ok, I don't really care if she's a lesbian

>were they even ever interested in each other?
the actor who plays Holden is gay in real life

>it's a "protagonist has a weird sex life" show

Done to death.

>If he has computer privileges

I really doubt this exists anywhere, especially at max-secs

The fact that his wife and him made a big deal out of it is baffling. If PARENTS tell you not to touch their kids, you don't fucking touch their kids. Why didn't Holden tell her about the "my covenant is with your son, not with you" line the principle gave the parents? Shit was fucking creepy.

He could be in this very thread....

Best show to debut this year desu

> I wish they would of at least showed a murder from the killers they were interviewing

This is the biggest pleb opinion

I-Is it you?

>wife tells Holden he ruined her husbands life and how she hates him
>"would you like to come in?"

Mostly just for lack of competition

stick to your stranger things and soy products cuckold

It was BTK climbing onto her windowsill and eating the catfood.

He wanted to top it all off by fucking her

If you have good behavior, you get library and computer privileges, especially if it's a psych hospital for people who have committed criminal offenses rather than a traditional prison setting. Any communications are still subject to being monitored though.

>didn't watch The Deuce
>worse, watched The Deuce or at least is aware of The Deuce but thinks Mindhunter is better
Kill yourselves.

They wanted to show that the cold horrible ice queen dyke had some withered husk of a maternal instinct left in her

You came!

Ed here

AMA

Alright faggot, I'm downloading it now

How the hell did you find any SJW undertones in this show?

The Deuce is fantastic but it has the small problem of feeling mostly aimless for like four straight episodes

The two female characters are insufferable proto-tumblrinas who spout liberal pseudo-science horseshit that the show treats as intelligent

It's set in the 70s because its a true crime story about the research that went into identifying serial killers you fucking mong.

Also psychology was something that was widely seen as something for homosexuals and jews for nearly a century.

and Mindhunter doesn't? it spun its wheels for six or seven episodes. it's not even really about anything.

>never came back to the case of the impaled mother and son in the first episode that is clearly some serial killer shit
>kept insisting on the whole principal thing because the guy was inappropriate and fit in his "profile"

Did you find them unrealistic? You know you don't have to agree with every character in whatever you watch.

You must have watched the show in the background or something or just missed the entire point of them setting up in a basement.

Really don't understand the hate, it was one of the few shows this year I got really into. Fincher's influence was mostly in the pacing, I felt hungry for more even after 10 hours went by - felt the same thing with Zodiac and that was a third of the runtime of Mindhunter.

Was also nice to have a deeply flawed main character not win all the time, or be a mary sue. And how could you not enjoy the themes of oppressive women and the conclusion of their abuses without having scene after scene of in your face dialogue talking specifically about it. The show wasn't afraid of mentioning something once or twice, then letting you draw your own conclusions. Not quite obtuse patrician kino, but certainly a far cry from the shit pleb dialogue riddling every other show this year.

If Narcos S3 wasn't so good it would have easily been best of the Netflix shows.

I don't need to watch them altogether, I came for Serial Killer kino not irritating lesbians with dry cunts

>The two female characters are insufferable proto-tumblrinas who spout liberal pseudo-science
I found it kind of hot since it's the 70's and both are domineering 8/10's

>can't separate an acting from reality

are you okay

no I literally watched the whole show with opened eyes, trying to absorb the pithy banter between the characters, trying to immerse myself in the bureaucratic morass that the characters wade through. it is not engaging, interesting, or even enlightening. You could watch a few L&O:SVU episodes and get more or less the same effect. People just gush over MUH FINCHER.

Debbie is a hippie college student. Did you expect the show to portray her as a race realist white nationalist? I can't think of anything she said being unreasonable either.

>it is not engaging, interesting
I found it to be both those things.

>YOU HAVENT EVEN READ DURKHEIM!?

And that's your right. The Deuce is much better. Did you watch that?

they didn't have the internet back then so there was nothing else for intellectuals to do

The girlfriend was a 6/10 max, she had a harsh manface and smaller tits than Holden

this board is retarded.

im going back to r e d d i t

>8
>RIPE
>CUNTS

I enjoyed it a lot, and found it more compelling than The Deuce.

That bit where Larry saves his new bitch from that fake cop was the corniest shit ive ever seen in a David Simon show.

she had pretty eyes and puffy nipples, automatically makes her an 8/10 in my book

I haven't but I'll check it out.

>im going back to r e d d i t

Thats what I like to hear

Cornier than ending multiple episodes with characters silently riding down the elevator while a 70s rock staple played? I don't believe you. And if you're telling the truth, then I believe you just have shit taste.

She was having a bit of banter with Holden who is also a condescending nerd.

Buzzwords never hold dude.

Would guys like like some egg salad sandwiches?

I just have a harsh allergy to ever seeing (((sociology))) taken seriously

Brainlet detected

This is Sup Forums. How can you ask that question? I could show a single picture of a can of tuna and someone would somehow find it to be SJW.

I mean those are offenses but theres a difference between taking issue with how an episode ends (which David Simon uses the same old tricks anyway, ambient sounds and a slow fade out) and having a big, acted out scene thats just really dumb

No offense my man, but that also sounds like something a condescending nerd would say.

He talks to Redditors.

Wtf, I hate Kemper now!

>(which David Simon uses the same old tricks anyway, ambient sounds and a slow fade out) a
that's a bit more vague than ending two episodes literally the same way. nice try though! that scene isn't even totally unrealistic, at least compared to the way the characters seem to teleport in CuntHunter.

I like the procedural element

reminds me of true detective season 1
the plot wasnt complex whatsoever but the "breakthroughs" in the case were still impactful
>dude fresh paint

>they needed to stick an extra six at the 6' mark

I really thought Kemper was /ourguy/.

Anyone know Dennis Rader?

best girl

autist protagonist was shit , kemper was good

he doesnt

yeah , hes great , next season should be about him

Even if the FBI didn't get involved, it seemed like the school board was concerned about his behavior and he would have been fired eventually.

>next season should be about him

They'll probably bring him back once but they'll move on to other killers

Kek i thought you were hating on Manhunter. Was gonna rip you a new one, OP.

It isn't very good, aside from the interviews.

The lead actor is bad.

The interviews are the meat of the show. The whole point of the series is to questions these criminals to better understand their mindset.

Yeah he's shit. Not helped by the fact that fincher stuff always has 2d characters. The actors are never the stars

Hopefully he learn for next season and put more emphasis on the criminals. The side investigations were acceptable but nothing special

Is Holden a sociopath?
>Generally not emotive
>Moments of anger seem genuinely malignant and dark
>Obvious awkward social problems

So was Holden the potential killer shown at the end or did he just have an anxiety attack?