Is this worth watching or is it trash?

is this worth watching or is it trash?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gGLWNVG9e3Q&t=1s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's the only decent anime series because of the last two episodes and the movie. So just watch those.

Both.

Its trash thats worth watching.

wrong board

Trash

trash, lost tier mishandled/underdeveloped

It's kino.
Jesus Christ, I cannot understand how he drop the ball in every single aspect with Rebuild. From character development, to music, to even the fucking EVA design.

It's pretty much kino and not in a meme way

Beware people who prop it up without understanding it and people who decry it by saying it isn't deep

The latter... The only decent part is the end because it plays with the concept of ego death

Literally doesn't make any sense but weeaboos watch it for the qt colourful quiet girl.

20 years later weebs still make up theories for the plot as they go along.

There's like 4% action and and the other 96% is boring talking about random shit

Part kino, part meme, worth watching anyway.

Its the equivalent of a hoarshack test but in show format, all the meaning you see is the one you put there.

So it's Twin Peaks? Sounds good.

>doesn't like eva
>muh ahkshun
>reddit spacing
take note lads. Do not be this poster

You have an entire board for a question like this, mobile poster

I watched it for the first time a month or two ago. Watch it, it's very good, but it can a be a bit pretentious. It's been praised so much that it can't possibly live up to the hype.

2nd viewing is better.

Actually its

t.reddit

>reddit spacing
>hates nge

Literally and unironically kill yourself

Imagine how much of a brainlet you have to be to not understand Eva

As someone who hates 99% of anime, evangelion is pure kino

recommend me more like this

imagine how much of a brainlet you have to be to think it was deep

Watch pic related instead.

I dont like to say out loud that its deep cause it makes me look like a pretentious cunt, but if you dont think it is or dont get it then you are kinda dumb and a pleb

The Rebuilds are iffy, but the Eva design is the same up until 3.33, and the music is vastly superior throughout.

maybe it's just wrong?

You mean read, right?
The anime is iffy but the manga is pure kino.

I've only read part 5 and 6. I'll buy the first 4 parts when I feel like I have time to actually read them.

Don't you realize he made the quiet girl so autistic and creepy to show up fucked up weeaboos were when they wanted to fuck the quiet colorful girls in anime.
And how did you miss that the masturbation scene was mainly to show how creepy and fucked up it was that you had (and still have) 30 year olds jerking off to adolescent girls tits.
Along with showing how retarded it is to think that everything's gonna be action and awesome in stupid mecha animes when they're literally making child soldiers to fight Lovecraftian horrors. It's talking about and mocking and deconstructing everything wrong with anime in general. That was the point of it.

You're missing out on 7. It's the best part.

youtube.com/watch?v=gGLWNVG9e3Q&t=1s

One of the only link animes in existence along with Serial Experiments Lain. Pretty much everything else is just weebshit

HEEEEY
Watch a show with some real gayboys

2.22 went overboard on the soundtrack dissonance. Komm susser tod worked so well in EoE because although it sounded poppy and upbeat, the lyrics detailed an apparent suicide and the refrain of "tumbling down" matched the visuals.

When 2.22 did it in the Bardiel fight and later in the Zeruel fight, it felt like a cheap attempt to emulate the effect of Komm Susser Tod without lyrics that complimented the moments.

t.brainlet

Unironically pure kino.

it has a few good moments, especially at the end and in EoE but its mostly very stupid, like any other anime

Watch a real anime-kino!

Giant Robo: The Day The Earth Stood Still

anime is gay

This

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Neon genesis Evangelion. The theme exploration is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of the psychology of pubescent children most of the ideas will go over a typical viewer’s head. There’s also Shinji’s nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterization- his personal philosophy draws heavily from J. D. Salinger's literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these themes, to realise that they’re not just interesting- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike NGE truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the meaning in Shinji’s existential catchphrase “I mustn't run away," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev’s Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Hideaki Anno's genius story telling unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them.

It's pretty based.
Also the only anime I have watched, don't really plan on watching any more either but I'd watch the whole series again.

what the fuck is this, in English, please?

your name

the movie is pure art. it's actually amazing. fantastic cinematography, animation, and music, and it caps of the series perfectly without feeling too pretentious. hideaki anno is a great director.

it's absolutely worth at least one watch. you may not like it or understand it at first, but later you'll be glad you did, or maybe go for a rewatch to catch things you didn't the first time around. for instance i thought asuka was a complete cunt my first watch and now she's my second favorite character after my third watch. there's a very good reason it's still talked about 20 years after it originally aired.

also if you do decide to watch it, DO NOT skip ep 25/26. they are very crucial to understanding the movie. and make sure you watch the director's cuts of 20-24.

>boring talking about random shit
t. Brainlet

Anything with mechas is trash by definition

the faggot kid is SO FUCKING ANNOYING like holy shit pilot the fucking robot you emo chink fuck. I couldnt finish watching it

How old are you?

this

The Girl who leapt through time
Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya

trips dont lie, I also hate this trope in anime.
>oh no. I cant do it.
>ok. I will do it
>the end.

watch Gunbuster instead, pure kino

don't know this, but chick in red suit got countless amount of Rule 34 stuff

No, never talk about Evangelion on Sup Forums. Just don't fucking do it. It's always a shitstorm.

>robots and copy-pasted facial features like every other anime ever

what do you think?

Fuck off with your moe-blob shit.

But user, they're not robots

Those are simply trash, along with most anime, but mechas are specially retarded

This.

The way Asuka was handled in Rebuild was really fucking awful. Was it intentional?

was a goat reaction meme back in the day

It's very good make sure you watch the directors cuts for the episodes that have them. This means you don't need to watch Death & Rebuild and move straight into the End of Eva once you're done Episode 26. One thing to remember is that End of Eva is happening at the same time as episode 25 & 26 (the episodes are internal while EoE is external)
1.11 is just Normal EVA, 2.22 is what the fans want and 3.33 is what Anno wants. That's why Rebuild 4 is called 3.0 + 1.0

To add onto this Rebuild is a sequel to End of Eva

No.
I've been watching anime for almost 20 years now, and have tried to watch the whole thing at least 8 times now, but I never get through it because it's so boring and has no character development at all. I'd recommend watching Gundam or TTGL for comfy mecha anime

To add onto what this user said you have to know a bit about Devilman(one if Anno's influences) to know what they're doing with Rebuild as well as knowing some of the original plot elements of NGE before the rewrite.

same
would recommend watch episode 25 and 26 then movie

TTGL is great but the exact opposite of NGE which explains why you don't like NGE

>Gundam
Lel

You got dog shit taste if you lel at MS Gundam and that's probably why you like Eva

You fell for the bait my friend. I'm a fan of Both Gundam and NGE, although I'm currently working my way through SDF Macross right now

Serial Experiments Lain is pure cyberpunk kino. Evangelion is pretty shit though.

>I'm a fan of Both Gundam and NGE
no

>BEEP BEEP BEEP

>Implying you can't be a fan of multiple different shows with clashing ideologies and fanbases

Eva is pure garbage, while Gundam is what all mech animes aspire to be

>Gundam fans in charge of not realizing Gundam is just about selling model kits

Are /m/ the biggest brainlets on the site?

Honestly it's only Gundam fans like that. They can't discuss any mech show other then muh Gundam

I wanna fuck the redhead

>Get the fans to 110% erection with ending of 222
>Curb stomp on their cocks with the entirety of 333
I love anno man

What can you expect for a board full of people that likes gigantic walking metal junk

Anime annoys the shit out of me with the cheap shortcuts taken in the animation itself. If a character is speaking and his/her teeth move apart, the jawline should move with it. That lack of attention to detail has made it clear to me that people that like anime are wankers, not artistic purists. I would rather watch old Warner Bros cartoons. Anime is shit.
This thread should be on

Idk about that tbqh. While a lot of the second quarter (episodes 7-14) and even a bit before that seems like just usual mecha weeb trash. I think that it works because it uses that premise to show how shitty most mecha anime are and how creepy most of the people who watch them are along with the tropes of mecha anime.
It also gets points from me for being basically a shakesperian tragedy for the second half and the conclusion being an analysis of Shinji (and to a lesser degree) Asuka Misato and Rei.

>while Gundam is what all mech animes aspire to be
You mean TTGL

If you want animation quality like that stick to movies. Motion costs budget so if it's not important it doesn't get as well animated as other parts

It's a deconstruction of that though. The point of it is to show just how mentally damaging that is and what it would really be like to be making literal child soldiers

I think you got a bit mixed up with your words there. Eva and Gundam should be switched around

so do I

TTGL is utter garbage

Considering Shinji pretty much bumblefucks his way through everything and ultimately his unstable personality results in the destruction of the human species, I'm not sure what you're irritated about.

Objectively wrong

Actually Shinji's personality makes it so Humanity can choose between living on Earth of everyone gets their own bubble

Fucking SEELE and your genocide apologisms

>nobody loves me

What does that have to do with anime?

wait the rebuild of eoe is out?

Does anno have a hand fetish?

>hoarshack test

user, see me after class