Theme park thread

Theme park thread.
Come here to discuss Disney World, Disney Land, Universal studios.

Favorite rides?
When are you going next?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eavo08IXduQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>they're replacing the tower of terror with guardians of the galaxy
Discuss.

Going to WDW in a few weeks.
Cheering my sister on in the half marathon on Sunday.
Going to treat my family to dinner at Disney Springs on Friday night.
Going to Epcot all day Saturday.
Magic Kingdom Saturday

It is lame.
ToT is one of the most thematically strong rides there.

You sound like a family man, user.

>going to hollywood studios before the two new sections are completed

What is wrong with you people?

Best ride per park:

HS:
Rock n Roller Coaster

MK:
Haunted Mansion

Epcot:
Soarin'

Say what now?

Just in the California park or at all of them. Heard that WDW was staying since its got all the advanced programming ride randomised stuff.

Just at California for now.
Eventually they're bound to replace it in World just because they don't have to pay licensing fees on GoG.

A history of me wasting my time playing video games when I could be riding rides in Orlando
>got picked to compete on stage during a Nick studio tour in Universal Studios in a race against other kids playing Taz in Escape from Mars
>literally could not get out of the starter room cause I couldn't figure out the controls
>completely embarrass myself

>few years later I enjoy the first level of Sonic Adventure 2 at an arcade exhibiting it in Epcot

>cut to a decade later playing Let's Go Jungle!: Lost on the Island of Spice in Disney Quest
>one handing each gun (it's a co-op only game) I manage to get 32nd place on the leader boards
>drag my sister downstairs and make her play with me
>top score motherfucker!

Did they get rid of The Great Movie Ride and
>they did get rid of Maelstrom
Oh...well shit. I'd still ride Figment 5 times before sitting through Borin' again. It's a sad state of affairs when the preride video is more entertaining than the actual ride.

youtube.com/watch?v=eavo08IXduQ

You're all welcome

Halloween time is the best time to go to Disneyland, imo. It's a lot more fun and last year's parade was really good. Also there's less of a crowd if you get tickets for the halloween party thing.

Except for the Haunted Mansion being Nightmare Before Christmas themed. That shit shouldn't start until Nov 1st. "Let's take the one Halloween-appropriate ride and make it Christmas-themed for Halloween."

They appropriately run it like that between Halloween and Christmas

Who'd win?

You got a chance to hit up the Hall of Presidents one last time before Obama's retired. Mite b cool

>lolPolitics

florida one is better anyway :^)

at d23 they said they aren't replacing it in florida. should be safe for at least 2-3 years while star wars and toy story land get finished. otherwise there would be a grand total of 1 (one) thrill ride in hollywood studios

I am fine with that honestly. The Florida version is better anyways

its been closed for a few weeks. will open in july

I had this on a VHS as a kid. I always skipped this part and I never rode the Haunted Mansion until I was 12 or 13.

who /pins/ here

I really hope that Disney just turns the whole Hollywoodland section into a Marvel Land because they have owned Marvel for 7 years and they haven't done anything major with them in the parks

It must only be D'Land where they NBC it in October.

Damn that was fast.

Nah great movie ride is still in. Presented by turner classic movies though now so they have robert osborne voice a lot of the ride now. Honestly though hollywood studios kind of sucks now until they open star wars and toy story worlds. The backlot tour being gone is disappointing.

Going backstage on Harry Potter @ USH in two weeks. Pretty stoked.

there's rumors that when that contract expires in 2020 or so it'll turn into "the great mickey ride" and talk about mickey mouse

which would suck ass

I think it's fine because it maintains the spooky factor just enough where the christmas decos don't bother so much.

>yfw the Magic Kingdom will become the #MAGA Kingdom once July comes around

i can quote spaceship earth up to the 1900s flawlessly and i'm not sure how to feel about that

I used to have SeaWorld Orlando passes years ago. Has the park gotten any better/worse since then? Last time I went was a week after Aquatica opened.

My nigga. If you see someone at Disney World wearing too many WALL-E pins around mid/late March this year, it's probably me.

That 3D one at the top is so cool.

If you have a Disney Store near you, on March 12th they're gonna have a limited edition pin set, which has a Wall-E pin in it. Sort of a raffle system to get the chance to buy them. Just a heads up.

...Oooooh, they're TREES.

In the case of World they literally can't with anything but GotG because of a standing deal MArvel had with Universal pre-buyout.

and Doctor Strange as well

i think the contract is only for characters introduced during or before The Avengers. Guardians, Ant-Man, Black Panther, and Doctor Strange should all be fine. There were already meet & greets for Quill & Gamora and Doctor Strange.

They just can't put the Marvel name on it anywhere. Hollywood Studios has sold merch that should be against the contract though. Age of Ultron stuff.

Universal's rights cover X-Men, Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, and The Avengers as the extended lineup was in the 90s, so Ant-Man would be a no-go.

Doctor Strange is good to go in Florida as they've already had him do some meet and greet magic show thing when the movie came out.