Why does Sup Forums hate her so much?

Why does Sup Forums hate her so much?
Is it because of character derailment like what happened to poor Hank?

Like most Marvel characters, she went from cute and badass to massive unlikable bitch

I want the "making a character unpleasant is good writing" mentality to die.

>I want the "making a character unpleasant is good writing" mentality to die.
Yeah, never understood this bullshit excuse for lazy writing.

"The character is incredibly dumb and unpleasant because he is human and flawed, and that is good writing"

Can't a human not be dumb and unpleasant? Can't a human have common sense?

Racism.

>character derailment

Yep. There might be a few /pol types or something, but I think mostly people here who like the X-characters have a love hate relationship with Storm. I haven't actually seen her get nearly as much real visceral hate as Wolverine and Beast have gotten on here in the past.

It really bugs me because she was always a very motherly nurturing type in the classic stuff.

Character derailment mostly. She went from leader of the X-Men to T'Challa's trophy wife to unlikeable cunt, kinda the opposite to what happened to Sue Storm.

Storm's the best X-Man

she hasn't been done well since Claremont

Wait, what happened to Hank? I don't follow, but wasn't he helping the Inhumans with something?

Beast's character was beaten to a pulp, dragged through the streets, set on fire, and what was left was pissed on for good measure.

Yes, but he never could do shit. He's currently incarcerated by the X-Men because he was snitching to the inhumans they were going to attack them.

>she was always a very motherly nurturing type

Yeah, but even at the time the fandom was starting to wonder how soon it would be before Ororo introduced Kitty to that special love two women can share.

For a while, Claremont did great things with her character above and beyond Len Wein's spoiled goddess. Lifedeath broke her so completely that she had to build herself back up from the ground, reevaluating everything (including having feelings for a man).

Unfortunately the story arc painted her into a corner where she shouldn't have remained a team character, so Claremont had her take over not only the X-men but also the Morlocks which was just plain bullshit. The former was an excuse to get rid of Scott and give Storm a reason to even live in the X-Mansion, the latter was Claremont pounding his pud to Storm/Callisto which to this day he hasn't realized no one else likes that ship.

The complicated part is that before Lifedeath, Ororo had to be emotionally aloof and godlike because otherwise the elements were going to go to hell around her. During Lifedeath, she had to rethink whether this was something that made her strong, or something that made her weak.

When she finally regained her powers, she realized she didn't have to immediately revert to who she'd been before, but at the same time some of that had legitimately become part of who she was.

This is a bit more complex than the average capeshit writer can manage without fucking up.

> Hank Pym hears doorbell, opens door
"HENRY PYM OF EARTH, I AM UATU THE WATCHER. I AM HERE TO TELL YOU THAT YOU ARE NO LONGER THE SHITTIEST PERSON ON EARTH NAMED HANK. I WISH YOU WELL.'
> door closes.
> Hank, overcome with joy "Oh god, this is the greatest day of my life, I'm going to go build an android to celebrate"
> Doorbell rings a second time
"WE HAVE RECONSIDERED OUR POSITION."

Nobody hates her, at least that I know of, they're just not interested in her because Marvel clearly isn't interested in her. No writer has any real direction for the character, just teetering between her two most popular phases, as evidenced by the fact that every time something remotely bad happens she defaults to the mohawk and the bitchy personality.

I never really noticed any particular hate for her. I did think Storm x Thor was stupid.

It's not even just the comics where her roles are undercut. In the 90s X-toon, she's a great character with an awesome voice actress, and there was her peak. But not even Hally berry playing her in the live actions helped because she didn't get much of anything to actually do in those. That shouldn't have happened!

But from there you had her being in X-men Evolution, where I honestly can't think of one damn thing she actually did in that show other than use her powers to separate Wolverine and Sabertooth, and get sad when that damn stand-in for Marrow decided to go be a morlock in the fucking sewers, and past that? Was she even a character in Wolverine and the X-men?

> I did think Storm x Thor was stupid.

THANK YOU.

To be fair, nobody got much attention in the Movies besides Wolverine, Xavier, magneto and to a lesser extent Jean, Rogue and Mystique

>Was she even a character in Wolverine and the X-men?

There was that episode where they go back to Africa where she's worshipped and Emma fights Shadow King.

Hally Berry was awful. She was so bad in those movies that I was grateful they relegated Storm to a window dressing. The less Hally opened that dumb mouth of hers with her off again on again fake accent, the better.

>Hating on a AU relationship that made sense at the time

Get the fuck out of here.

Sup Forums is full of cyclopsfags

but in character they both hava a pretty healthy relationship and have said to admire each other

BROTHERS

man there was a few months Sup Forums was hard as fuck for that pairing and it made me so mad.

also T'Challa/Storm is her best romance and is a "ships passing in the night" thing.

You seem to have misspelt "Forge" pham

>tfw you're the only one who ships Storm and Gambit

>Forge
>what could have been
That doesn't add up the same.

(guilty as charged)

They actually have a sort of bitter undercurrent of this same old fight about who's in charge that's been continuing non-stop for the longest time.
It's like how women fight, they're nice to each other but whenever this one subject comes up they're making little comments to each other and criticizing each other's efforts.
It started with that Danger-room contest for leadership after Scott came back from mourning Jean, then they ended up with their own teams: The original X-Factor and The X-Men, and when the X-Men reformed in the '90s they had two teams to keep these two separate.
Blue team was Scott's, Gold team was Ororo's.
I actually found it shocking when Storm became a Rightclops subordinate on Utopia.
For a while there both Scott and Storm were rulers (well, co-rulers each) of their own sovereign nations.
And then they both ended up in a hell of their own making.
Sometimes I LOL at it all.

If we were to hop into a time machine and go back to the early 90's relaunch of the X-men franchise...
Storm should have hand picked her own team and then been written as a true leader who tackles the challenges of that role in two ways.
1) Be an organizer with the team mates. Someone is the labcoat, someone knows combat tactics, someone knows PR and media, someone knows security and computers, and two more take on the roles of apprentices with fresh ideas. Storm is the one who manages the team smoothly and helps all of them to shine.
2) Allow her power set and skill with it to develop into true monstrous levels, edging up close to Magneto-strength. I picture storm at the peak of her powers at mid to late 30's flying under an open sky and being able to call upon ALL of the horizon to be at her command.

She was meant to be a powerhouse. More than anyone else that were a part of the 'new' team that was introduced in the early 80's.

Bobby's not the only one...

remember how Forge was a 'nam vet

>It's like how women fight, they're nice to each other but whenever this one subject comes up they're making little comments to each other and criticizing each other's efforts.
I'd say it is more like and actual rivalry where luckily both are responsible, competent, have respect for each other and more importantly aren't complete assholes
I mean yeah there is still a point of mutual friction but they respet each others boundaries (for example, ott didn't really demand anything from storm as queen of Wakanda beides ocassionaly asking for her personal help in missions, while Storm didn't challange his autority on Utopia, as it was hi project and a fruit of his works)
On the other hand, Storm did cuck Wolverine from autority at his own school the moment she went there, but then again Logan didn't complain so he probably agreed that it was for the best (or didn't want to stop fucking her, whatver works best)

Stay mad. I'll take it or any of storm's relationships over that flaccid mess in your spoiler.

>ALL the horizon to be at her command.

FYI: She already has that power-level. There's just never a cause to use it.

In that AOA set-up story where she, Bobby, Betsy, and Bishop time-travelled back to Xavier's youth to stop Legion from murdering Magneto she opened up a full can of whup-ass on Legion and was effecting the entire hemisphere's weather just as side-effect of what she was throwing at him.
Had it been another mutant she would have won that fight.

>Is it because of character derailment like what happened to poor Hank?

Is there any X-Men character that hasn't been derailed by now?

... Maggot? Although I can't remember if he's dead or not.

I mean I never really cared for her but yeah she's been derailed

>Give a character a power upgrade that in practice would make her completely broken

Great idea!