What were the best 90's X-Men comics?

Uncanny X-Men? Adjectiveless? X-Force? X-Factor? Gen X? Age of Apocalypse?

I don't need high literature either, as long as it's not boring it's fine.

X-Men Alpha was pretty cool.

bump

The issues of Excalibur written by Alan Davis. They tie up some lingering threads from Claremont's run. The issues Davis draws as well are beautiful. Phoenix vs Galactus is fun.

Cable by Joe Casey and Ladronn is pretty cool too. Art is a neat mix of Kirby and Moebius.

Generation X and X-Man were good. Generally you should stick to the secondary titles, the whole line was infected with event shit at this time and the main titles are unreadable but the outer rings of the X-Men solar system were least affected.

Lobdell is the 2nd greatest X-writer ever

what were the best 90s marvel series in general?

If we're talking ongoings, Generation X and X-Force are probably the most consistently readable books IMO. Though you have to watch out for Hama's run on GenX and X-Force starts with Liefeld and has the shitty CounterX retool.

I'm reading through X-Men 2099 and honestly really enjoying it. The initial two year story arc is some bretty gud stuff and was very obviously plotted out from the outset. In comparison to, say, Spider-Man 2099's more typical cyberpunk, X-Men 2099, because of its location (mostly limited to the shithole southwest on the outskirts of the civilized east and west coasts) has this very post-apocalyptic New Vegas style feel to it that's really neat to me. Not quite as good afterwards because the group stops being a bunch of wanderers but still not terrible or anything. I'm thinking of storytiming it once I finish.

Other series have stuff that's really good (PAD X-Factor for instance) and stuff that's really bad (almost everything X-Factor that came after PAD). Not as much of a clue on things like Excalibur or the assorted spinoff solo ongoings and minis though.

Love me some X-Man.

Go through age of apocalypse then follow with GenX and X-man. Generation Next, the aoa version of GenX, was the best part of the event for a lot of reasons.

X-cutioner's Song.

bump

X-Factor and Excalibur don't fare well after certain points.

Lobdell's Excalibur run wasn't terrible, but it missed the point of what Excalibur was supposed to be (i.e., not a "mutant team" but a team that featured former X-Men.) And even Ellis' run, which gets praise by virtue of being an Ellis book, runs with the "we're mutants n shit" notion. Basically, if you want the wacky extradimensional adventures angle of Claremont and Davis, stop after Davis' run.

X-Factor is really... just meandering and pointless after PAD leaves. Then, it becomes a Havok-centric alternate universe series called Mutant X for a couple of years. Which, even as a major X-Men fan, I've never read.

And, yes, X-Men 2099 was pretty awesome for the most part. I didn't like the mutant city-state storyline as much at the tail end, but I think that's because of lack of based Ron Lim. Also, the 2099 line as a whole ended like a wet fart, and derailed horribly after One Nation Under Doom ended, near as I've seen.

This. X-Cutioner's Song is actually one of the best parts of the 90s X-Men experience.

Fatal Attractions and Bishop's Crossing are also quite nice.

>X-Men 2099
Someone actually liked that crap?

X-Cutioner`s Song
Fatal Attractions
The whole Bishop´s introduction
X-Ctinction Agenda. I fucking love this crossover
I even enjoyed the whole Phalanx Covenant.

Well, IMO Uncanny X-Men and X-Men are both pretty good until Onslaught comes and fucks everything up.
From 1997 until Morrison takes New X-Men... hard to enjoy

Outside from X-Men and Uncanny X-Men, I think that Generation X is the most enjoyable one.

>`

X-Tinction Agenda, Mutant X, X-Man, AoA (of course). The anthology series was breddy good too.
Things go kinda south around OZT.
Came here to post this.

It's kinda bad in a way, but it's also METAL AS FUCK.

>all these anons reccing X-Man
You people are sick! SICK!

I you like Deadpool or Wolverine, there's shitloads of material, so go for it.

>Excalibur
>X-Factor
>X-Force
>Gen X
>Casey/Ladron Cable
>Early 90's crossovers
The main two books aren't bad, but the side books are where the electric 80's x-men energy is. I'd say read the main two books through AoA and then dabble in side books. Not 90's but Soldier X and Exiles are worth a look too and if you like AoA definitely give Exiles a shot.

>not liking MUH POWERLEVELS: the character.
Get out, ree.

>I didn't like the mutant city-state storyline as much at the tail end, but I think that's because of lack of based Ron Lim.
Lim was still there until the last few issues I think. The problem really is that X-Men 2099 isn't really a team book at all. For most of the first 25 issues it's a bunch of characters off in different parts dealing with their own issues before slowly converging back together at the climax of the arc. It's one of those books that didn't need to continue much past that point because it's obvious what came afterwards.

One of the things I thought was kind of neat was how, aside from I think Meanstreak and Krystalin nobody actually uses the codenames. I think Skullfire is used all of one time in the entire comic and it's on a cover.

It's really not a bad book at all.

>It's really not a bad book at all.
It's ugly as sin, and the stories are nothing special.

Hulk and literally nothing else

>based Ron Lim
Ron Lim is basic af. All his faces look identical.

Well-observed. Timothy/Luna was an appealing relationship and sort of a pre-echo of the Scott/Emma dynamic. Xi'an was a great villain — charming and sadistic — with a great set-up, and an effective commentary on Xavier's moral failings before the main books picked that up and ran with it in the late 2000s.

The rest of the team all felt like wallpaper. I cannot remember name a single interesting trait about Meanstreak, Krys, or Shakti. Bloodhawk was just Wolverine and Eddie was just post-mutant massacre Colossus.

Marvels came out in the 90's, didn't it?

PAD's Hulk
Ostrander's Heroes for Hire
Waid's Captain America and Ka-Zar
Busiek's Avengers
Marvels
Hellstorm: Prince of Lies
Clan Destine

80's Hulk was better.

Aside from
I also have to mention Ellis' Druid, Jurgens' Thor and Busiek's Thunderbolts.

X-men were best in pog form.