/trek/

Drive-Ins and Dives: The Next Generation edition

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kRXry95Q6e0
youtube.com/watch?v=PSuOMDC6zak
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Code_of_Honor_(Star_Trek:_The_Next_Generation)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

that picture is an abomination

*phasers you back*

I really hate that phaser design. They look like hair clippers.

Who's worse?

Was Data the best TNG charactar?

WELCOME TO THIS EPISODE OF DEEP SPACE DINERS, DRIVE-INS AND DIVES

I'M YOUR HOST, CMDR. RIKER OF THE UNITED FEDERATION OF HAMPLANETS AND TODAY WE'RE DIVING INTO THE FLAVOR SYSTEM

Jake
Generic good black kid for extreme pandering
Wesley was hated and had to earn every ounce of respect from the crew

easily Wesley. it's not even up for debate.
yes

Crusher.
Fuck that faggot and his slutty mother

>being so delusionally racist that you pick wesley crusher over jake sisko

t.Wheaton

*slaps your girlfriend's ass*

youtube.com/watch?v=kRXry95Q6e0

wes

so you like the keyfobs and the fleshlights?

The tiny phasers were the worst.

>no one will ever look at you the way Q looks at Picard
truly the best homolove in Trek, Bashirfaggot btfo.

Wesley, by far. Jake had a few annoying moments but generally he was just there, and didn't mary-sue it up and didn't save the station every week and really decided he just wanted a comfy writer's life.

>going where no man has gone before: flavortown
flavortown is the final frontier

I like the ones that look like ray guns.

hilarious when biased people try to attack someone because he is being objective

das it mayne

I don't know who's wife's son that is, but Wesley.

>who is worse A or B?
>if you pick B you are da waycist because B is black

whenever they use them they just look like they're trying to open their garage door or something

>Wesley was hated and had to earn every ounce of respect from the crew
Bullshit. He was the crew's golden boy and the crew's admiration dripped from every scene he was in. It was embarrassing.
I agree that Jake was strictly pandering, though.

t. someone that skipped Season 1 and 2 because a guide from a faggot said so

No one could stand Wesley, Picard didn't want him on the bridge until later and even Geordi found him annoying. He actually only kept being accepted after proving his worth but you memesters don't know that because you didn't actually watch the show.

There were some people that treated Wesley with the contempt he deserved.

TOS is good, but I prefer this one.

>Picard didn't want him on the bridge until later and even Geordi found him annoying.
They thought he was just a dumb kid as set up for their astonishment when he was the best starfleet ever! Huge difference from actual hate and annoyance.
Lore legitimately hated that little shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=PSuOMDC6zak
I love Riker's face when Picard waves his finger around like a sword. He simply cannot believe what just happened.

Most of the time they don't even bother using the gun attachment for their phasers

You can tell he broke character, too. That's hilarious.

Does anyone else feel like Garak could have been tweaked a bit to make DS9 even better? It's always implied that he is a plain and simple tailor, but what if it would have been implied that he is actually a really good tailor and you have the Starfleet crew going to him to get tailored local clothing for away missions (since he's the best), or an episode where Garak has to design and create the coronation dress for a foreign dignitary, since he has a reputaion as being one of the best tailors in the alpha quadrant. Stuff to bring in the character more and have more Garak-episodes

they should've just made him a main character, desu. could easily get rid of Jadzia and get him instead.
>It's a Garak needs to tailor everyone new clothes but the station is under attack episode
>It's a someone isn't happy with Garak's final product, insults him and he now plots revenge against the person episode
>It's a DS9 is doing a fashion show and Garak needs to design the perfect outfits episode
>It's a Riker visits DS9 and asks Garak to make him a new, bigger outfit but Riker is also in denial about his weight gain so Garak needs to make him confront his food issues episode

>We are peaceful and respectful of everyone
>FUCKING SMELLY FERENGIS DIE WE HATE YOU

what did TNG mean by this?

but they have never been respectful

I've just had an excellent idea for a TV show

Starfleet is only polite to species that, when copulated with, will produce attaractive new ayylmao children. Ferengis have butts for heads and are all manlets.

Nog was leagues better than both of them

this

>>It's a Riker visits DS9 and asks Garak to make him a new, bigger outfit but Riker is also in denial about his weight gain so Garak needs to make him confront his food issues episode
I love you.

I actually liked the pocket phasers. But the pistol shaped ones were always GOAT

This, Jake was just a military kid who get's dragged to wherever his Dad is posted. Being a base brat is suffering.

Was it rape?

nice trips
also yes, but he didn't know any better and assumed that's what normal sex was like, so it's all cool

>Does anyone else feel like Garak could have been tweaked a bit to make DS9 even better?
The biggest problem in DS9 is overaction.

What about those try-hard phaser rifles thay are just a shitty phaser glued onto a stock

overACTING*
Still better than the early TNG vibrator models

I miss TNG, lads

So go watch The Measure of a Man

'no'

I honestly think the Federation had some of the most boring weapons in the history of science fiction and that that's just something you have to accept when you go into the show. It keeps the retards away but still. I mean their uniforms don't offer any protection against projectiles or even most energy weapons, which are supposed to be the things they go up against the most.

I think it was a nice experience for both of them.

Data even brought it up at her funeral

Better yet, he's incapable of experiencing trauma.

started watching TNG with my buddy a couple of weeks ago. Just finished season 2 episode 16 Q-Who? and holy crap this is one of my favorite shows of all time now. How much better does it get?

>primitive Klingons were literally Predators

much better, trust me. You'll never want it to end.

>implying those are weapons and not scientific tools

You're in for quite a treat if you enjoyed early TNG which is pretty bad compared to the rest of the show.

>Season 2
>"How much better does it get?"
>Hasn't even seen Up the Long Ladder yet
>Implying it makes sense for these ships not to have weapons
>Implying you don't know I'm talking about phasers and photon torpedoes qua weapons

I thought early TNG ended with season 1.
Though even S1 is having plenty of good moments.

Looking forward to it lads

Star Trek makes for the best game mods

>phasers and torpedoes aren't weapons

>Early TNG
Up to Riker growing a beard
>Late Early TNG
Roddenberry is alive and Riker has a beard
>Mid TNG
Roddenberry is dead
>Late TNG
DS9 is involved

"early TNG" is usually counted as being both seasons 1-2. They're the weakest, tho you already had the GOAT The Measure of a Man and several other good episodes.

>Brosef Stylin
>USS Fuck Cardies

>mfw the Star Trek mod for Stellaris is great but it really clutters up the UI in the current build
Just like everything else in Stellaris it disappoints me

Are there Alphazoids too?

>tfw no deltazoid gf

And just so newfags know: The Big Goodbye, one of my favorite episodes to date, was a Season 1 episode. The weakest seasons weren't bad. Only less good than later seasons, a rare fucking thing for any TV series.

>Star Wars gets a bunch of great games like Dark Forces, Republic Commando, KOTOR and so on.
>Star Trek also gets a bunch of games but most of them are shit.
why

Jake episodes at least tended to be really good, like "The Visitor" or the one where he's a war reporter in the middle of a battle.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Code_of_Honor_(Star_Trek:_The_Next_Generation)

>6 movies vs 7 series and 13 movies
I wonder who spent more money on things other than props and makeup

Season 3 is when it becomes GREAT!!!FACT!!!

there are more shit sw games than good ones

>one hilarious episode means the whole season's bad
I liked Code of Honor better than Encounter in Farpoint, albeit ironically.

Encounter at Farpoint sucks

Why is Code of Honor considered bad anyway?
The only reason I ever hear is "because it's racist!"

It's bad because there's a whole planet full of black people that doesn't get blown up
I'm saying this so that Sup Forums can't say it first

Any Riker fatfic?

I only wish it was possible to change the captain's portrait and voice lines to Miles O'Brien
One day some brave developer will create a Triple A Star Trek RPG in the vein of Mass Effect, but with more dialogue options than combat shit.

Exactly, but Code of Honor is considered the worst because raycism

Wrong.

The problem with that episode isn't the racism, it's the way the racism intrudes on the plot.
Prove it.

They're normal twofaced libtards who don't practice what they preach.

That's the main reason, yes. It was also your average TOS episode which felt like a step back.
Also nobody really wanted to see Yar even want to get BLACKED, especially after how hot she was in Naked Now.

Was it rape?

No.

What do you imagine Tasha's storyline would've been had she stayed on the show? Think her position on the ship (and also Worf's), how she would've grown as a character, ehat types of issues she would face, romances etc.

Ever since I was a kid I wanted to see that stomach covered in my hot semen.

>Love triangle with her, Worf, and Data
>Worf sacrifices himself to save her life
>She marries Data and gets pregnant with the first android baby
>Data never realizes it's Worf's kid, not his own, everyone goes along with it because his first emotion is when his 'child' is born

She would have just been given shit stories like the other two women.