Of every comic/cartoon you've read/watched, which made you the most uncomfortable?

Of every comic/cartoon you've read/watched, which made you the most uncomfortable?

Steven Universe.

Cerebus the Aardvark.

It's one thing to watch fictional characters have their lives destroyed. It's quite another to watch a real life person ruin themselves.

TT:Go

Why's that?

>Cerebus the Aardvark.
fuck, man. why did you have to go and remind me about dave sim?

What do you mean by Dave sim?

Because we're in a thread about things which make us uncomfortable.

>you will never lose all your friends and family over the creative direction that you're taking your comic book

Everything is so poorly thought out, the horrible cringey dialogue/characters/episode premise, etc.
I stopped watching the show very early on in S1 and later on stumbled upon later episodes with the even more cringey shit like the episode with 2 lesbo space rocks at a IHOP and the Little Butler episode. It's an objectively bad show with some minor details that be seen as good like say some backgrounds.

Steven Universe fusion dances

All of them. Especially that scene when they were practicing with Steven and trying to teach him.

I'm glad they kind of stopped doing it and just cut straight to the fusions now.

Fucking toughy.

Invader Zim though. Just some of it horrified/disgusted me on levels that, as a kid, I really should not have been able to have felt yet.

Ren and Stimpy takes 2nd place for the same reason though.

Clarissa.

Mega Babies

This B8

Miss Don't Touch Me

Blanche deserved better dammit

Dave Sim, the author of Cerebus the Aardvark.

During the 27 years that he worked on Cerebus, he was diagnosed with schizophrenia and his condition worsened over time. Most of the comic was pretty good, some of it was absolutely amazing, but towards the end it devolved into long rants about the evils of women. He also started his own religion in real life, and he forced his characters to practice that religion and explain it to the readers. He cut off contact with his family, challenged his friends to fights, and refused to speak to anyone who didn't sign a form stating that they don't consider him a misogynist. He's now a complete social pariah, patiently counting the years until his death (which will mirror the death of his main character; alone, unmourned and unloved).

A damn good creator, but he sure does make people uncomfortable.

Here's one of his most-famous rants.

I like SU, but I agree with the user. There is some cringey shit going on.

Now, some of it I can look past. I didn't see nothing wrong with the IHOP episode he's talking about. The Little Butler was interesting as it revealed some stuff.

But some shit is disquieting.
Like this shit. The dances freaked me the fuck out. And sometimes the writers really need to stop shoving the forced lesbian/sjw shit and just let it come naturally, if it does, to the story.

The closest they did with that was with the episode when Carl of Aqua Teen Hunger Force appears and they essentially have a right-wing conservative AM-Radio listening dude tolerating and being tolerated by the Lesbo-Rock Aliens.

there was also the total breakdown during an LSD trip

>i-i-i cant provide a actual counter argument so i'll spew "bait" like a cancerous retard
Thank you for providing proof you're a sad underage piece of shit and you should be glad since I'm giving you the benefit of a doubt that you're not actually a grown ass adult man who's obsessed with a children's cartoon of a fat autistic kid who pretends to play with gay space rocks, which I assume you relate to so heavily with so is one reason why you like it.
People like you are the reason fanbases can be shit, even your fellow SU fans hate people like you, you're not liked or wanted anywhere, which is pretty sad and pathetic, what a waste of a man.

K

Yup, expected that kind of response.
Go cry yourself to sleep fatty.

So far, Flapjack and SU's fusions.

Flapjack is decent, but the artstyle does things to me.

Though that was most likely the intention.

You have to look past a lot to enjoy SU, because it does have some legitimately great moments, but they're few and far between. It's like a gold studded shit.

From hell made me sick to my stomach, like I had to put the book down and take a walk. the destruction of genosha was also kinda hard to read

this show just because it was so fucking cute...

Chris Claremont making the demon Belasco kidnap six year old Magik, turn part of her soul into a gem that he keeps in a locket, removes her astral form from her body and magically ages it through puberty, presumably for lewd purposes, etc.

Misery was the cutest.

MOAR

Yup, Steven Universe

Dave Sims death will probably be celebrated, actually. Seeing as the instant he dies Cerebus becomes public domain.

It's not like anyone's going to suddenly throw Cerebus into their comics though. Nothing will change.

Probably, yeah

He's still doing comics. He just announced a new Cerebus series where every issue is a #1.

Clarissa definitely tops my list. A notable but distant second would be Beautiful Darkness

I'm not familiar with that. What's it about?

Princess Aurora's "castle" breaks down and she is forced into the wild. She and her subjects are little folk, just a couple inches tall, and despite Aurora's best efforts most of her subjects die in the cruel forest. Princess Zellie (pic related) is a total bitch to everyone, even Aurora who is a total sweetie (up to a point in the story) and steals her fiance. Spurned, disillusioned and outcast, Aurora runs away and teams up with one of the few surviving little folk to try and survive away from Zellie and her lackeys. There is more but I don't want to ruin the end for you.

I highly recommend this story. The artist uses a really clever and pleasing mix of stylized cutsie art for the little ones, and more realistic style for the forest and critters. I haven't done the writing justice either, the characters are very simple but still provoke a genuine emotional response from the reader.

Lurk more

Steven Universe. It's super degenerate and disgusting. Steven himself grosses me out a lot.

Not even him but
>Projecting this much

Reminds me of my first time reading Stuffed Friend. It's set up in such a way that you're expecting a punchline, but instead we get this.

The Animatrix, more specifically The Second Renaissance.

The bit where the machines are experimenting on people especially, but all of it is freaky.

Steven Universe makes me, too, very uncomfortable

It doesn't make me comfy like other bright/colorful shows, but makes me uncomfortable

Aardman's Ident.