youtube.com/watch?v=47r-b16_FTM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Gonna skip the obvious complaints that get said a lot

> cut from the family hiding out in a motel to them attending a county fair
> that abysmal "sexy" scene
> 3DCG everywhere

this scene was fucking perfection

youtube.com/watch?v=xR5hJdiRrP0

It's not terrible but that's precisely what's bad about it. It's just so bland and safe. Except for weird shit like 'Hey look, Barts dick!'

lowbrow weak shit

deadhomersociety.com/2010/07/29/the-simpsons-movie-makes-baby-jesus-cry/
As usual Charlie hits the nail on the head.

The movie was written to appeal to mainstream audiences (calling it Moe's Bar instead of just Moe's) and focus-grouped to death.

Unlike the old days where the writers wrote what they thought was funny and to hell if anyone didn't get the reference (What the hell is Sheriff Lobo?)

It had all the hallmarks of a modern Simpson's episode but stretched out to a sickening degree.

It portrayed Schwartzenegger as a caricature of Rainier Wolfcastle.

Why is Moe there?

at least it was mostly 2D, making it better than any other animated movie in the past decade

Yeah that was pretty weird.

Pretty much this. It also did the whole Marge leaves Homer thing again, which the show has done a number of times, many of them better.

This too, as well as Russ Cargill not being Homer's old boss.

Again, in the commentary they explain that this was to not confuse audience who didn't know Rainier Wolfcastle.

youtube.com/watch?v=AB7VF980cEA

Fucking American movie executives. First they fuck Thomas and the Magic Railroad then this.

Literally what is the point of making a film if it's going to be ruined beyond recognition before anyone sees it?

>we didn't want to confuse audience by putting this very well known Simpsons' character in the Simpsons' movie

You act as if that doesn't make them look even more like retards.

That's retarded.

It came out 10 years too late

>IN 2-D
>Immediately cuts to an obvious CG wrecking ball

How dumb do they think we are? I mean they're right but still, fuck them.

>32:00 – Now comes the obligatory, “The church isn’t next to bar!” rag on the “die hard” fans who won’t like that. It goes on for thirty seconds and someone even mentions No Homers.

The layout of Springfield changing for no reason, and strange things like that tunnel to moes is all one of my favourite things about the simpsons, it kind of appeals to my love of fantasy (the non high sort, god I'm sick of generic high fantasy worlds)

Y'know who we should make this movie for? People who've never seen the Simpsons!

Did they really think he audience wouldn't be able to figure out that Wolfcastle is a thinly veiled parody of 80s action stars like Schwarzenegger, so they decided to spell it out for them and just rename him Schwarzenegger?

Why not change Itchy and Scratchy to Tom and Jerry just to make sure people get the reference.

Nothing.

This. I still can't believe they didn't make this in the late 90's. Shit, even South Park beat them to it.

They put Green Day in the movie. Way to keep the movie timeless!

The Simpsons used to be able to pull off bigger plots. I'm thinking Mr Burns blocking out the sun or Sideshow Bob threatening to blow up Springfield if they didn't get rid of television.
>used to

>Implying you can keep anything timeless
I really don't get that argument, it's not like any of the previous seasons of Simpsons are timeless

> the alternate was “Stolen Bible Amnesty Day”.

That's a much funnier joke

The early seasons of the Simpsons had guest stars but used them appropriately, often playing characters and not just glorified yellow caricatures of themselves.

This is the level of intelligence they had to work with

But when was the last time Sam Neill was in anything?

Those jokes bother me. Moe's is always shown in downtown springfield. In an earlier scene in the movie we see the church where it usually appears, nowhere near downtown.

where do people get these focus groups? It always seems like the manage to find the densest people imaginable

every time, doesn't even matter what they're focus testing.

He was just in Hunt for the Wilderpeople. Pure kino.

I didn't even realize Sam Neill was the Cat Burglar. Again, he played a character, the joke wasn't 'Hey Look, it's Sam Neill!' Whereas new Simpsons date themselves instantly by putting every flavour of the moment celebrity in the show to gain as much media attention as possible for a show in it's 27th season.

Remember when the kids from Glee were on the Simpsons? Wasn't that memorable? Didn't you love those characters and all their memorable lines? In fact, do you remember Glee?
youtube.com/watch?v=nFcqR5H4a8k

I like Sam Niel

What's that disgusting creature to the right?

>Pure kino
Bugger off Sup Forums, we don't want your crap over here.
>Remember when the kids from Glee were on the Simpsons?
No because I haven't watched that episode
>do you remember Glee?
Yes

68:40 – They were thinking about cutting the epiphany scene, but they didn’t think it felt “thick enough” without it. Translation: even when we don’t have a set amount of time to fill, we use filler. Hans Zimmer, the composer, had to tell them that Homer was already trying to find his family when he left the cabin. In other words, they had constructed a story so poorly that they needed the soundtrack guy to tell them where their plot holes were.

Goddamn. I mean Hans Zimmer is pretty ace but fucking still

Your President

What timeline are you in?

The one where Trump got assassinated 2 days prior to the election. Did that not happen in this one?

I sometimes wonder if it is just the people recording the data that are retarded rather then the focus groups themselves.

Not in mine, but my simulations showed he'll be assassinated within 4 years and thankfully delaying WWIII.

No. Welcome to the best timeline, buddy.

Why did J.K. Rowling say that Harry Potter was going to grow up and marry Lisa Simpson when he didn't?

Don't. Rewatch Homer the Vigilante. It's better in every conceivable way.
youtube.com/watch?v=47r-b16_FTM
you fucking asked what he's been in lately. He's a movie star, not a voice actor, autismo

Weird, in my timeline Hilary won, and we are already at war, typed this while hiding on my attic, those fucking Sergei robot series are fucking terrifying

yeah ...best
I'm not saying things would've gotten better if she'd won but at least we all could've gone back to our lives and forgotten about the president and politics for a while.

Lets be fair here. I always felt this was a parody of the egregious celebrity cameo more than anything. For one they all die in the very same scene, and Green Day was past its heyday when the movie came out.

>Hans Zimmer
Yeah, she was an amoral dishonest bitch. But I feel like she would've accepted the victory and faded into mediocrity.

Trumps shouting and throwing out falsehoods like he's still running a campaign.

Woops had hans zimmer highlighted higher up on the page and I didn't bother proofreading.

It's only been two weeks and I'm so tired

The election brought out the worst political division we've had in our nation in a long time. And rather than his policy being the thing that begins to fray Americathough his policies are bad. Like, undeniably. I don't understand the willful ignorance Sup Forums has with Trump when he's literally deregulating business on behalf of the "jews" its more of the fact that he does nothing but feed animosity into the public through his words.

I'm tired as well my friend. I'm waiting for the sensible majority of society to wake up and take control from the radicals on both sides, but more and more I'm worrying that the sensible aren't a majority anymore, and they haven't been for a long time now.

That's why the election was shit. You had one of the most left-wing liberals ever on one side and a dangerously right-wing fanaticist on the other, both of which were underhanded, did whatever they could to slag off the other and have dishonest practice records of equal length, each of which make the Great Wall of China look like a single pixel.

Neither of them deserved to even be nominated as President.

The best we can hope for is that his calamtious term in office will cause change for the better at the next election but I have a bad feeling that's just wishful thinking.

>You had one of the most left-wing liberals ever on one side
But Hillary got the nomination, not Sanders.

You wouldn't be so tired if you had just succumbed to alternative facts from the beginning instead of paying attention and shit.

At least Sanders didn't talk down to the majority of the voting base and then react in complete shock when they didn't show out.

Even then, she wasn't Sanders left wing, but she was left of Obama and the male Clinton, and her entire campaign was run on corrosive identity politics.

>You had one of the most left-wing liberals ever on one side

You're not seriously talking about Clinton here, right?

>tfw the good ol' boys think they won but in three years some bank is going to have free reign to fuck over their retirement as if the 08 crisis never happened.

When all this shit blows up, I wonder which innocent president is going to be holding the hot potato.

There's this part of me that still wants to engage and refute all this alternative facts horseshit but then there's the apathetic part that just wants a president who'll keep their mouth shut and do things behind closed doors like all the rest.

see >muh war hawk lefty
Doesn't mean she isn't still a lefty.

I have no idea where you're getting this idea that Hillary was in any way more left than Obama, let alone most anyone else in her own party.

>At least Sanders didn't talk down to the majority of the voting base and then react in complete shock when they didn't show out.
But Sanders was still unambiguously left wing in every way, and he ended up winning some of the same states from Hillary that Trump did. This narrative that it's all just a bunch of white people finally getting revenge on identity politics is ridiculous and feels highly constructed.

I didn't say she wasn't a lefty (she isn't though), but calling her one of the most leftist liberals ever is just flat out retarded. You'd have to know almost literally nothing about politics to even think that.

Burning winning the same states that Trump did kind of supports the "backlash against identity" narrative. Even in the primaries people weren't keen on someone who's entire platform was

>Muh first woman president. Muh minorities
Alot of Bernie's ideas weren't reasonably feasible, its true. But at least he was trying to deliver a message of hope for all Americans.

Next you'll tell me that the narrative that the DNC conspired against Bernie is a constructed narrative as well.

They won't blame Trump. Some people are incapable of admitting a mistake. It happened with Bush, just brush off all his many falters.

I can recognize good things about Bush as a person while still criticizing his presidency. I like Obama's diplomacy while still not liking his lack of action and some of the choices he made.

Trump... so far I got nothing to like. Loud, brash and emotionally immature.

Being a president is the most thankless job in the world. No matter what you do, you're going to get shit on from all sides. Trump can't even handle SNL poking fun at him.

>Burning winning the same states that Trump did kind of supports the "backlash against identity" narrative
Not at all. It's so clearly about economics. You don't vote for the commie hippie standing behind minorities to BAN ALL MUSLIMS MEXICANS ARE RAPISTS just because you saw the word "PoC" too many times. How fucking shortsighted do you have to be to even entertain that over the fact that these states- the blue collar working class states- were more willing to go with anyone presenting themselves as anti-Wall Street than otherwise?

>Being a president is the most thankless job in the world. No matter what you do, you're going to get shit on from all sides. Trump can't even handle SNL poking fun at him.
Its honestly like he didn't know. He bitched the longest about the birther crap, and yet it didn't occur to him going in that maybe his controversy wouldn't just blow over once he took office.

And I know they won't blame Trump. I'm saying they'll blame whatever president is in office at the time, like they did with Bush and the financial crisis that was decades in the making.

Probably because it is highly constructed. These people refuse to actually engage in conversation and defend Trump so instead all we get is a bunch of identity politics from them.

There's been leaks suggesting that some of Trump's reactions to the resistance he's been facing were along the lines of, "Don't these people know who I am? I'm the fucking president!" and such.

I'd like to believe he's experiencing a rude awakening but I'm not holding my breath.

>This narrative that it's all just a bunch of white people finally getting revenge on identity politics is ridiculous and feels highly constructed.

Yeah, its still the same country that elected a black man with a muslim name in a landslide. Those same people didn't all suddenly join the KKK. Unfortunately this "racist revenge" narrative is being pushed both by the alt-right, who desperately want to believe the average American actually agrees with them, and the Democratic establishment, who don't want to admit they fucked up hard and would rather blame the voters.

You're probably right. I'm just saying that Hillary's moralist slant didn't lend itself to debating policy very well. The one thing she should've actually debated trump on.

And as its been pointed out, these trump adherents aren't getting the guy they bargained for.

I think he seriously equated being president of the US as being CEO of a company.

Just be glad that he's poisoning the well for future celebrity presidents.

Trump and his stupid fucking supporters judging by their reaction to this whole thing clearly thought that being the president meant being a king. The man didn't even bother learning a single thing about global politics before becoming the president. I have no idea how he thought this would work out.

Its less "racist revenge" and more "I keep hearing about the problems all these other groups are facing, but nobody is talking about the fact that city that was bustling when I was growing up is now faced with crippling poverty".

You have to be tone death to think anybody was seriously pushing the whole "America is suddenly super racist again" narrative.

Its clearly "What? just because I'm not brown my problems don't matter?"

They didn't tell him you can't fire people for not liking you when you're the president. In fact, it's more often the other way around.

I really hope America realizes someone being famous and charismatic doesn't mean you should vote for them.

Reaganomics? The Governator? PRESIDENT TRUMP?

I don't really get this whole politics thing, but I feel like it was more intended as some kind of publicity stunt, or even as some kind of threat.

But like, he ran over a hundred companies and made them all successes! Surely that gave him the knowledge and experience for a job that's not even tangentially relevant to running a business.

>The Governator?
He'd unironically be better than trump though.

Right now he is SHOCKED that a federal judge has blocked his unilateral muslim ban.

It's called checks-and-balances, it's the point of the whole system. So that no one person wields all the power and can make any laws they want. Literally grade school civics.

He intimates he loves democracy but is pissed off he can't just do anything he wants.

Clinton's campaign didn't run on identity politics. It barely ran on any politics, because her politics are pro-establishment, pro-war, pro-Wall Street and she didn't want to bring it up too much. Her campaign ran on "look how awful this other guy is", which a lot of time meant criticising the things HE said about women and minorities. Thing is, the American public were really hurting and didn't give a fuck about who said what about who; they just wanted something to change, and Hillary, by presenting them with absolutely nothing but "I'm the less obnoxious choice", was clearly not the answer.

I do agree that people on the left as well as the right are rightly getting sick of identity politics; not the individuals or groups whose identities are caught up in these discussions, but the politicians who keep exploiting them as a political tool to distract from the real problems.

I'm not american, but from an outside perspective, this is exactly the impression I'm getting of him.

Basically a living caricature of a buffoon getting in power.

It's "tone deaf", and that's the narrative that's been pushed by elements of the right and the establishment "left". You're right that it's not what's actually happening; the reality is pretty much as you described. Narrative and reality are two different things, bucko.

Man I just wanted some Simpsons movie discussion.

Not more politics please, I've had enough of it for now.

The fact that the system is already beginning to check him just speaks to the foresight our founders had.

I heard Eminem vowed to take Trump down purely by spitting hot fire.

The rads (mostly liberal rads since the right is still very cowed publicly outside of Trump) punish the moderates and the sensible.

Just look at what they did to JonTron for being wary of all the hysterics and rioting, almost turning many of his old friends against him in the process

Trump would have been much happier losing, I think. He wouldn't have known it, his ego would have been too bruised by the defeat

But because he won, he has to endure at least 4 years of hard work, mandatory meetings understanding complex global issues, all while being harangued by the public. It comes with the job.

From here to eternity, people are going to hate and criticize him wherever he goes, whatever he does. Not that he doesn't deserve it. Be careful what you wish for and all that.

Absolutely this. Sure, acknowledge identities that differ from yours and embrace them but there are bigger problems in the world than that. Middle America is dying.

Wait, what were they doing to him before?

Bullshit. Jon has gone from being part of that GG horseshit and occasionally spouting some stupid shit to happily associating with radicals and spouting Sup Forums bullshit. Don't get me wrong, I don't think he's a nazi or whatever, but he is a massive idiot.

I wasn't personally pleased with his roadblocking of gay marriage in CA but he seems a lot more measured than Trump. But then again, isn't anybody?

Reagan is still pretty well liked and respected though.

Did you even watch the video?

Hi, Suzy. How's the makeup thing going?

I'm very sorry. I posted that pic of Hilary and Itchy and Scratchy and started this whole thing.

But for once I'm actually seeing some intelligent discussion on the topic so I'm diving in.

Man, and here I thought you guys weren't fond of SJWs. Sup Forumsmblr is very much real.

Compare and contrast the Michael Jackson episode to the Lady Gaga episode.

Plot was too busy thanks to Bart and Lisa's b-stories

I'm imaigining Eminem literally spewing fire into Donalds face.